Is Infy a good place only for freshers?

Sanav3

Adept
Post for all the Infosys people who would feel good after reading this :)
Some of the major concerns are new roles introduced in the hierarchy, extended work timings and lower salaries than industry standards

BANGALORE, INDIA: With its huge investment in the training and facilities Infosys Technologies, might have earned fame among the freshers, but the company seems to be loosing sheen among the existing employees. They are seen becoming active on the social media, expressing their grievance over the new HR policies.

Some of the major concerns are new roles introduced in the hierarchy, extended work timings and lower salaries than industry standards. The employees are also upset about the compulsory certification being introduced by the company for each level of the role and leadership, and the improper management of acknowledging the promotions.

Full article - Is Infy a good place only for freshers? - CIOL News Reports

Don't feel good after reading this... putting this in media will make matters worse i think:(

Rules are not gonna change here... Although The higher management is aware thst the attrition is at peak in infy now but the steps taken are just too lame:bleh:

Among my batchmates/acquaintances a lot of people who were in wipro, cts, satyam, patni, ibm etc resigned within the first year while practically everyone who got into Infy are still there.

Dunno the reasons but it seems that Infosys seems to be able to get more loyalty from the freshers iyam.

Dammit every word of this is true ..
The attrition rate is gonna sky rocket in the coming months with most of the experienced staff quitting ..

so guys, is Infy in a bad state for people to join
I mean for 5+ exp guys like me

I had Infy on my hitlist, but now i am not so sure

every word is true. yours truly is planning to quit as well.

the grapevine has it that even thetoxicmind's post is an understatement :p

Infosys Reviews | Glassdoor.com

these reviews sum it up pretty well

@ spectre. its ok to join laterally, since with the exodus there will be lot of work to be done, and offers for laterals are not too bad. Only issue being career /salary growth is near non existent (unless you suck up to the right people at the right time) , so after 2~3 years, you too will feel like quitting anyway.

but 5+ might be tough, since your workex qualifies as too high for a Analyst, and a bit below lead. Try anyway :p

EDIT: agree with fundusanju and raksrules. thats the problem with your workex

@ spectre

Please dont join as a Tech Analyst, as you would get Default CRR in first cycle.
next year it will be difficult to get CRR 1 when competing with people who have stayed 6 years in Infy with all the right contacts.. and you wont get CRR 1..

implies you will get CRR 2 and no promotion to Tech lead for atleast 2 years..

and you will have to bear with all the stupid labour policies of 9:15 average...

Thanks greenie, rakrules, fundusanju

Yeah, I am currently a consultant and looking for a similar role and grow to expert/architect level in a couple of years (i like technical)

I think its better to look at my other offers :p

fundusanju - can u brief on what this CRR stuff is, just for info

is it a term of appraisal ratings infy uses

Spectre said:
Thanks greenie, rakrules, fundusanju
Yeah, I am currently a consultant and looking for a similar role and grow to expert/architect level in a couple of years (i like technical)

I think its better to look at my other offers :p

fundusanju - can u brief on what this CRR stuff is, just for info
is it a term of appraisal ratings infy uses

Consultant huh ?

I had a call from them abt the same . It was the worst way a co. could call you and treat you.

Hi i am so and so from Infosys , am i speaking with "___". I said "yes" before we start off there are few terms and conditions which u have to agree to :

You have to relocate to bangalore - do u agree ? I said yes.

You will have a contract for 6 months - do u agree ? I said i will have to think abt it . Then he said "We always extend contracts at the end of tenure" ! (Super way to add to confidence)

I said "Ok, i need to think abt it and wanted to know the nature of my role and job description."

He bluntly replied : "if you agree to these terms and conditions then "We will let u know about the same during the interview discussions we have"" :mad:

I was and am still shocked that one of the premier institutes in India call a person with pretty good qualifications and prior work experience and speak this way!

May be i was the exception ! :(

woah. they expect people to leave their current jobs and join on a 6 month contract, at the end of which you can get kicked! wah!

Also what is this 9:15 / 9:25? dont tell me that is the hrs you have to put in daily?

Back