Budget 20-25K is it safe to buy note 4 (samsung) from ebay

saurabh.

Disciple
hello all,
I want to buy samsung note 4. I was keeping an eye on its price since few months on flipkart and amazon. it was available for 27k for few days but now its gone above 55k! then i looked at ebay and it is available there for around 21k, which looks good deal to me. so can anybody please advice regarding ebay purchase? I dont have much confidence on ebay. is it safe? thanks.

EBay is all about seller ratings. Check the rating of seller , read feedbacks then decide. Many good dealers operate on eBay.
ok. thanks. I am worried about getting fake, damaged,used product. so if seller rating is good like above 95% is it safer to buy?
Please check if they are from verizon etc, cause those are around 20-21 k
The indian models are costlier.
So also you need to check regarding the warranty
i know, imported models will not have Indian warranty. from what i read, verizon models have exynos processors instead of snapdragon. but performance difference between the two is not huge. i am ok with any of them. is there any other problem with verizon models?

I brought one 3 months back for 21k it seemed like a brand new piece but all the accessories were fakes good quality ones but fakes none the less, the earphones, the charger (it was not a fast charger) s pen (this was pathetic the click stopped working within a few days)
The main issue I found was it was a sprint model, the issue with this it doesn't support Indian 4g, software upgrade is difficult and it uses a sim unlock app which I found complicated. Some oddities too like no tethering, no camera during calls and ancient note software. The Indian version almost runs the software of the note 5 which is automatically updated. ( this didn't haopen on the sprint model.

Lost this last month. Good riddance brought a good preworshpiped Indian note 4 for 14k and am very happy.
Ps this is my third note 4

I brought one 3 months back for 21k it seemed like a brand new piece but all the accessories were fakes good quality ones but fakes none the less, the earphones, the charger (it was not a fast charger) s pen (this was pathetic the click stopped working within a few days)
The main issue I found was it was a sprint model, the issue with this it doesn't support Indian 4g, software upgrade is difficult and it uses a sim unlock app which I found complicated. Some oddities too like no tethering, no camera during calls and ancient note software. The Indian version almost runs the software of the note 5 which is automatically updated. ( this didn't haopen on the sprint model.

Lost this last month. Good riddance brought a good preworshpiped Indian note 4 for 14k and am very happy.
Ps this is my third note 4
sad to hear your story. it seems only amazon and flipkart are trustworthy. me too shall look for a good deal on used one.thank you for sharing your experience. it will also help others like me.

ps - its your third note 4!! thats a lot of money spent. anyways. its a fantastic phone though. even today.

Last edited:
ps - its your third note 4!! thats a lot of money spent. anyways. its a fantastic phone though. even today.
I'm an architect and can't do without the s pen. Have been using only the note since the first one was released. Didn't upgrade to the 5 because no sd card and fixed battery design. No issues though I find the note 4 almost perfect with good spen software, great screen and decent camera.liked the note 7 might upgrade to something like it once Samsung has the issues sorted and the prices fall to sensible levels. Till then note 4.

Check the seller rating , if possible contact the seller , look for their establishment and reputation on ebay . Also if possible grab the link and post it here , so that we can get some more clue , before placing the order .

Also it has been 2years or more since note 4 was launched. Considering this the resale value of the note 4 has touched 12-15k value with some in warranty ones fetching till 22-23k. I personally feel going for a new one so late does not make sense(however it does have top notch features and marvelous display) instead a used note 4 with sufficient warranty should be a better choice.
And saying that i would not recommend ebay. Better to ask any member here for a used mobile in warranty.
Another suggestion would be other phones in same price range if u dont prefer removable battery or dpi
Also snapdragon has better battery life compared to exynos i read somewhere but please check the comparison since one is 64bit and other is 32 bit etc etc
As another member said you may also face 4g connectivity issues with verizon or sprint.
I am a proud note 4 user ;)

Also it has been 2years or more since note 4 was launched. Considering this the resale value of the note 4 has touched 12-15k value with some in warranty ones fetching till 22-23k. I personally feel going for a new one so late does not make sense(however it does have top notch features and marvelous display) instead a used note 4 with sufficient warranty should be a better choice.
And saying that i would not recommend ebay. Better to ask any member here for a used mobile in warranty.
Another suggestion would be other phones in same price range if u dont prefer removable battery or dpi
Also snapdragon has better battery life compared to exynos i read somewhere but please check the comparison since one is 64bit and other is 32 bit etc etc
As another member said you may also face 4g connectivity issues with verizon or sprint.
I am a proud note 4 user ;)
I did not see any note 4 selling that cheap, even out of warranty. mostly they are selling for 15-20k (out of warranty) and with warranty are 24k onwards. thats why i was considering ebay option to buy a new one instead. but reading all these posts, i am afraid to buy from ebay now. I will rather look for used one as suggested.

and i can understand how proud note 4 owners must be. it was ahead of time when it was launched. not just hardware, but software too (customization by samsung). features like multi window were added by samsung long back (i guess from note 3). this feature now comes with Nougat which is released this year. I dont know why some people hate samsung touchwiz. I personally like it. samsung has also reduced bloatware in new phones. many of the note 4 features are still not available in most of the phones today. 2k amoled screen, S pen, sensors (heart rate, uv), OIS camera, multi window supoort. It still beats any of todays under 30k phone. yes its processor and ram specs dont sound that impressive now. but for me its more than enough. i dont know which application uses 6gbs of ram. these are just bloated specs to sell phone. in functionality, note wins.

PS - I am owner of S2 for nearly 4 years. even today it runs fine. i haven't even changed its original battery. it has survived many falls (without cover, tempered glass). it was also dropped into water once (accidentally offcouse) just switched it off, dried and started using :)

Shops are buying note 4 for cheap. Check out a quote for selling a note 4 at any shop they quote till 13k max.
Also one of friend in dombivali had seen note 4 out of warranty for 11k. Good condition.
But i would suggest you to pick one in warranty.
Even if the person has a bill, please verify the bill using tin no at least and call the shop.
Many people use fake bill printouts to show mobile in warranty.
Also use imei checker to check pending manufacturers warranty.
Just my 2 cents :)

Buying Moto Z play at this moment will be best deal for you if you want a good latest phone.
thanks. but i m specifically looking for note as i want S pen functions.

Shops are buying note 4 for cheap. Check out a quote for selling a note 4 at any shop they quote till 13k max.
Also one of friend in dombivali had seen note 4 out of warranty for 11k. Good condition.
But i would suggest you to pick one in warranty.
Even if the person has a bill, please verify the bill using tin no at least and call the shop.
Many people use fake bill printouts to show mobile in warranty.
Also use imei checker to check pending manufacturers warranty.
Just my 2 cents :)
thanks will surely check that.

Back