Is it safe to laminate Touchscreen phones

Haste

Proxy Warrior
Adept
Hi Guys,

I've recently bought my first touchscreen phone and initial screen protector is just about to come off.....so was wondering if I should go ahead and get it laminated?
I want to know is it safe to get them laminated...or are there chances of getting it damaged/loosing touch sensitivity?

Regards,

Which phone is it?

Anyways there's is probably no chance of it loosing its sensitivity unless you get something really crappy.

Get something decent, and you'll be set.:)

Wth you want to laminate touch screen, it will reduce the touch senstivity(with cheap one) and you have to press harder.
with Laminates the touch screen get heated(do not think literally) which in long term will coz damage to your screen.

If your touchscreen is recessed (a little inside than it's boundary), then lamination will cause problem since there will be a gap between it and the touchscreen due to the surrounding lip...

Anyways it's not a good idea to laminate phones(may cause heat issues, who knows).. You can go for a good quality screen guard instead.

its an Asus p320...
Just wanted to protect the screen.....as i guess, touch screen would be quite prone to scratches due to constant touching/stylus?

I've bought a scratch gaurd for my previous phone from eBay...it wasn't any gud....now matter how hard I tried, there were bubbles, so 'am reluctant to get one again :S

Haste said:
its an Asus p320...
Just wanted to protect the screen.....as i guess, touch screen would be quite prone to scratches due to constant touching/stylus?
u cant laminate this phone...there will be a gap between the screen and the lamination....plus the way win based mobiles hangup...i would recommend you to see other options..

I have used a screen guard on my Win Mobile.its good no complaints at all.But be careful while purchasing one get a good quality one.

I have always used Invisible Shield with all my expensive gadgets, both with touchscreens and those without. Never had a problem with the screens. Its a little expensive but totally worth it.

cheers.

whats wrong with lamination, its actually thinner the scratch guard, i have not seen any problems with laminating the phone, till now i had used nokia 6270 and n73 both laminated without any problems and my friends have motorola ming and nokia 7700 and even iphone all of them being laminated, no problems at all.

Ok guys, bought a screen protector called navprotector from eBay(of USA)....its on the phone screen quite nicely and almost invisible when the phone light is on....thanx every1 for suggestions :)

Haste said:
Ok guys, bought a screen protector called navprotector from eBay(of USA)....its on the phone screen quite nicely and almost invisible when the phone light is on....thanx every1 for suggestions :)
How much did it cost you?

Back