Audio Is it worth getting a MX5021 with Onboard Soundcard

Spectre

Skilled
^ topic

Its not like I cant get a soundcard, but there is no free PCI slot on my MB, all are occupied by the mammoth GFX :bleh:, plus am NOT looking at any cpu upgrade now

Whats the experience of running MX5021 with a Realtek HD soundcard (onboard)

Whats the current cost of MX5021 at retail

Is it the best choice for movies and games at sub 7K range

^^it is best choice for music at that range. Also if u dont have a spare pci-slot get a pcie x1 sound card;). Although it would sound good on onboard but it would really shine with a soundcard.

Yeah get a PCI-e x1 slot based sound card . I initially used my MX 5021 with onboard realtek. It used to sound good but after I got the Asus Xonar DX the speakers totally shine .:)

Try and get a MX 5021 + Asus Xonar DX

Realtek sound utility in tray bars can sometimes be irritating, you might wanna get rid/disableit, as it takes control of your sound chip and also sets presets to sound if someone fiddle with it. As far as sound goes they are pretty good and kinda defacto too for todays motherboards. MX5021 works pretty nice with old Soundblaster 128 Vibra too. Compare that to a realtek, realtek is current generation harware. AFAIK, Realtek used the famous AC97 chips and grew on them.

After playing around with many settings with different pcs and laptops here is the best way for movies and music :

1) Use/Install K-lite or similar codec pack compatible with your windows version.
2) Download Media Player Classic HD, I find it better than VLC for avi and dvds too. For one you can fast forward dvds in this version.
3) For music use winamp with Enhancer plugin and play around with that plugin settings to get the best sound imaging for your ears. 'Enhancer' plugin (less than 100 kb) really makes music come alive, incase you arent aware of it.

As on today MX5021 is not available at Mumbai, lamington as I myself am looking for one. I have an ATP3 and thought wouldnt need anything better for long time. I was wrong. Altec Lansing THX mx5021 are a bliss to listen to. Great Value for money at 6.5K. Do let me know if you find these today and where.

_asimpleson :hap2:

First you guys are doing Autopsy on 2009 Threads, Second Product is dead burred and gone Reference (Rashi Peripherals). Even if you find think you where just lucky.

My 2 cents

eBRo

Dare Devil said:
Is MX5021 available in chennai?I want to replace my ATP3.I already bought XonarDX.

just pester Spectre he was going to sell that MX5021 he has ...

necromancy is nice some times ...

On Googling many new people come across such treads directly. Agreed they are old, but I think it as an improvisation more than an autopsy. Knowledge and experience sharing is one of the best things that a good forum has to offer. Mean no offense to anyone BTW.

Back