Laptops Is it worth to get a Service From Dell Tech Support?

dell_user

Recruit
Hi,
I have a DELL Inspiron N5010 laptop which I have bought it in 2010.
Now, I have got a problem in it when I turn it on. It gives me 3 beeps sounds repeatedly at some set of intervals and didn't show anything on the display and the power button was always ON even when i tried to switch it off forcefully by pressing the button for few seconds continously.
Then i researched over internet about that issue and i found that it is Laptop Board problem.
After that, i called the Dell Tech Support and they told me that i need to replace the board for which they sent me a quote of 11K Indian Rupees for the service.
So, My question here is, Is it worth to do the service with DELL because am not trusting any other outside technician to do the service ? and also tell me is that money is worth what am paying for the service (they would give me 3 months warranty for the replaced parts).

Thanks

Dell service is good but costly. If you want to save money, fix it yourself.

Dell quoted 24,000 for repairing one of my laptop's LCD but i got it for 4,200 and replaced it myself.

a friend of mine fried his GPU
that was common with old HPs:meh:
he went to hp service center, the guys over there said to replace the mother board
then he got it fixed locally for something like 3 or 4k

@unni you can find it on ebay

The problem your encountering is a faulty ram, if im not mistaken, Read about beep Codes

Find the compatible RAM module and replace, all in all the work can be done by yourself if under 2K, there are a lot of DIY videos available and doesnt need a tech guy to support!

The problem your encountering is a faulty ram, if im not mistaken, Read about beep Codes

Find the compatible RAM module and replace, all in all the work can be done by yourself if under 2K, there are a lot of DIY videos available and doesnt need a tech guy to support!
This is for sure its a motherboard problem. i have seen it in many community forums... I think i can go with a new laptop instead of doing the service for my old one..whats your thoughts guys?

This is for sure its a motherboard problem. i have seen it in many community forums... I think i can go with a new laptop instead of doing the service for my old one..whats your thoughts guys?

well the service center guys never do the chip level repairing, they will always ask you to replace the motherboard
try some local shops for fixing your motherboard

other way, this can be the reason for you to get a new laptop
just don't buy dell again;)

well the service center guys never do the chip level repairing, they will always ask you to replace the motherboard
try some local shops for fixing your motherboard

other way, this can be the reason for you to get a new laptop
just don't buy dell again;)

Local Tech Guy also said that we need to replace the board and it will cost around 6K indian rupees with carrying one month warranty. They said that there is a BIOS problem in that board and they can't do anything with that :(

Local Tech Guy also said that we need to replace the board and it will cost around 6K indian rupees with carrying one month warranty. They said that there is a BIOS problem in that board and they can't do anything with that :(
then pal, you're out of luck

strip your laptop and start selling its parts
they can add some fund for your new laptop

BTW if you took the quote from one shop only, you should try checking with the other shops as well
its a common phenomenon among these guys if they don't understand whats wrong they ask you to repair the whole thing
happens with me every time..
last time, i went to fix my watch the guy gave me a detailed estimation of 550 bucks
then i got it fixed for something 150 somewhere else

Once i too encountered a similar situation , later the problem was found to be with the bios. i guess i cleared it. you can try that

Back