Budget 30-40k Is Oneplus 11 a good buy right now at around 33k?

This is more of an asking-for-advice thread. Need to know if I'm making a good decision or if should I wait more.

I'm using an iPhone XR 64gb at the moment and beginning to feel the need to upgrade due to:-
  • No 5G
    The area where I live has poor indoor network coverage. So there is a struggle with voice calls and mobile internet. 4G internet speeds are max 1~2mbps. Whereas 5G I tested and found it gave around 80mbps at the same place.
  • 3GB RAM of the iPhone isn't cutting it anymore.
    If I open 6~7 apps, then I notice most of them need to reload from scratch when I launch them again.
  • The battery doesn't hold up under extensive use like GPS navigation on mobile data.
    Most of the time I need to charge the phone twice a day.
The Oneplus 11 is going to solve all these issues while also giving me additional things like super fast charging, AMOLED 120Hz curved display.
However, I feel the phone is a bit overpriced with the base variant at 57k.

But today I saw an offer where they are giving an exchange value of 22k for my iPhone xr which is too good.
Overall after exchange and card discounts, the final cart value is 33k and I also get a 1-year screen replacement at Rs98 only. Also, there is a 12-month no-cost EMI offer.

Considering this would you advise me to buy it or wait for big billion sale and get the iPhone 14 around 50k?
I'm thinking the value of the iPhone Xr would be at best 15k then.
Or are there any other alternative phones that I can look for?

I recommend the Galaxy S23 to everyone around me. IMO it's the perfect size for one handed usage and the camera quality is 2nd to only the Ultras and the Pro Maxs of the world.
The slow charging and smallish battery is a big enough tradeoff but the seamless Android (with OneUI) experience and the size primarily sealed the deal for me. I have friends who were initially hesitant but upon holding the device in-hand they were converted coz it's just so comfortable to use.
I had the S22 before this which was almost perfect but the small battery and slow charging coupled with the "inefficient" Snapdragon Gen1 was a big bummer. The Gen2 is much more efficient and my battery concerns are resolved now.
I used to love the OnePlus phones (have almost all variants starting OP1 -> OP8T) but after Carl Pei's exit, I felt they have just taken their customers for granted and their cameras do not warrant the high prices that they have currently.

I recommend the Galaxy S23 to everyone around me. IMO it's the perfect size for one handed usage and the camera quality is 2nd to only the Ultras and the Pro Maxs of the world.
The slow charging and smallish battery is a big enough tradeoff but the seamless Android (with OneUI) experience and the size primarily sealed the deal for me. I have friends who were initially hesitant but upon holding the device in-hand they were converted coz it's just so comfortable to use.
I had the S22 before this which was almost perfect but the small battery and slow charging coupled with the "inefficient" Snapdragon Gen1 was a big bummer. The Gen2 is much more efficient and my battery concerns are resolved now.
I used to love the OnePlus phones (have almost all variants starting OP1 -> OP8T) but after Carl Pei's exit, I felt they have just taken their customers for granted and their cameras do not warrant the high prices that they have currently.
Valid point.. The phone is gorgeous looking with a small form factor and very thin bezels
Although the cost of s23 is a bit steep IMO. When you know it will fall down drastically within a few more months or so..
Currently dropped the plans of OP11.. Even considered 11R for a brief moment but then the video recording is atrocious for a 40k phone.
Now I'm eagerly waiting for Nothing Phone 2 launch

Valid point.. The phone is gorgeous looking with a small form factor and very thin bezels
Although the cost of s23 is a bit steep IMO. When you know it will fall down drastically within a few more months or so..
Currently dropped the plans of OP11.. Even considered 11R for a brief moment but then the video recording is atrocious for a 40k phone.
I have a feeling NP2 will be overpriced initially, leaked prices put it at EUR 700 or so. But like NP1, it will likely fall in price. NP1 launched at 32-33k, then now is 27k with offers. Upto 45k for NP2 will be a decent price, let's see.

I have a feeling NP2 will be overpriced initially, leaked prices put it at EUR 700 or so. But like NP1, it will likely fall in price. NP1 launched at 32-33k, then now is 27k with offers. Upto 45k for NP2 will be a decent price, let's see.
IMO as it has the SD+ Gen1, it has to compete against 11r which is 40k
Even that IQOO neo pro is going to come with same chipset and less than 40k
So I'm hoping it should launch at same price point..
Let's see..

IMO as it has the SD+ Gen1, it has to compete against 11r which is 40k
Even that IQOO neo pro is going to come with same chipset and less than 40k
So I'm hoping it should launch at same price point..
Let's see..
NP2 will likely have a better cam than whatever BBK will have. NP1 had the 3rd best cam behind 6a & S20FE under 30k, so have high hopes from NP2. Let's see.

Keep off S23. I use one as my daily driver. The phone is brilliant except the camera. If you take a lot of close up snaps, scan documents, moving objects 10/10 snaps will be a blur and it's due to some lens alignment or something similar for which samsung is promising a fix via software patch for the last 3 months.

I liked everything abt the oneplus 11 considering the pricing.
The screens v good, charging speeds are gr8, performance is v v good.
I did compare the camera vs my S series, its not @ S series level but definitely not far behind.

If I were you @ 30k pricing its a no brainer for me.
Keep off S23. I use one as my daily driver. The phone is brilliant except the camera. If you take a lot of close up snaps, scan documents, moving objects 10/10 snaps will be a blur and it's due to some lens alignment or something similar for which samsung is promising a fix via software patch for the last 3 months.
This is true with all S series phone. The macro shots in particular are not the best and also u cant shoot pics quickly, it takes it own sweet time to focus.

Ended up purchasing the OP 11 finally after a month of waiting and research :p
NGL the exchange offer and nothing phone 2's cost were the reason for selecting the OP11

Here is a small excel sheet I maintained which may help others in similar position..
1689429609455.png

You got from the One plus store, keen to know where you bought the device from.

No, from Amazon.
I missed the oneplus store deal which was there a month back when I started this thread. It had similar exchange offer. Additionally, there was a one-year accidental screen replacement for just 99rs.
Now they are just giving a free back cover instead.

The area where I live has poor indoor network coverage. So there is a struggle with voice calls and mobile internet. 4G internet speeds are max 1~2mbps.
Have you tried 4G from different vendor?

3GB RAM of the iPhone isn't cutting it anymore.
If I open 6~7 apps, then I notice most of them need to reload from scratch when I launch them again.
I doubt anyone will be using 6-7 apps simultaneously, the memory management is smart enough to know which app need to be killed, in order to give more memory to apps which are currently being used.

The battery doesn't hold up under extensive use like GPS navigation on mobile data.
This is very taxing on any smartphone, but usually bad network signal causes more battery drain. But now you have 5g device, it uses even more power than 4g, I suspect you see won't huge difference.

You seem to have very high phone usage, perhaps the XR only needed a new battery, but anyways enjoy new phone, nothing beats the feeling of using new device.

Last edited:
Have you tried 4G from different vendor?
Yes tried Jio / Airtel / Vodafone its all similar..
I doubt anyone will be using 6-7 apps simultaneously, the memory management is smart enough to know which app need to be killed, in order to give more memory to apps which are currently being used.
New phones are claiming to have 30+ apps open these days.. idk how much truth is there in such advertisement.. but will definitely test now and see for myself

This is very taxing on any smartphone, but usually bad network signal causes more battery drain. But now you have 5g device, it uses even more power than 4g, I suspect you see won't huge difference.
Actually, I was driving an old car in my hometown which did not have a charging port. So while using navigation, my phone went from 100% to 30% within 1 hour or something like that.
But yeah you could be right that it was too intensive to keep GPS + data + screen all on..

You seem to have very high phone usage, perhaps the XR only needed a new battery, but anyways enjoy new phone, nothing beats the feeling of using new device.
I normally have 2 hours SOT usage on an average on a daily basis. Most of my usage is apps like camera, twitter, reddit, WhatsApp, amazon, phonepe, gpay, groww, youtube and chrome. My phone's battery health is being reported as 87%. So a new battery wouldn't have made that big of a difference. Also, I started experiencing sluggishness more often these days.
So pulled the trigger as I got a good exchange deal.
I bought the OP11 today using the exchange offer on Oneplus's own website. I got Rs 21,200 for my 3 year old OP 7t pro. Also had a Rs 2k coupon. All in all paid Rs 33,799 for 8gb/128gb black version. Free sandstone case included.

Nice.. that 2k coupon would have made the oneplus website deal favourable..

Which colour did you order? It took me a while to decide on the green one..

Back