Android Is OnePlus Chinese ??

Are you trying to avoid a product from a Chinese company ? Not to be confused with something which is "Made in China". There is a difference.

Are you trying to avoid a product from a Chinese company ? Not to be confused with something which is "Made in China". There is a difference.

Ship of Theseus?

If all or most of it's components are made in China but a phone is assembled in India, does that make it not 'made in China'?

Assembled in India is a farce. It has the same blood as that of Made in China. It should be obvious but it's the desperate and cunning way in which these Chinese corporate companies want to appeal to the so-called "nationalists."

My take on it would be if a majority of the components are made in a certain country that is where it's made.

My DT 770 Pro are made in germany. But are they reeeaalllyy ??? :p

Also, my asus 5z is made in indonesia. SD 845. But asus is a taiwanese company...
Post automatically merged:

There was a video from Beebom on this; Made In India, Made In Chine, and Assembled in India.

What we need is a manufacturing BOM for every phone claiming to be made (or assembled) in india. That will provide clarity and less ambiguity. But that ain't gonna happen because we all know what the reality is...

Anyone remember this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Foxconn which is a OEM for many companies is a Taiwanese company. The display panel used in them can be made by LG,samsung,AUO, JDI, Sharp these are all korean,taiwan and japan origin, snapdragon a US based company made by TSMC fab. Batteries there are LG and samsung, couple of japanses brands like Sony/murata, panasonic. Imaging sensor is dominated by Sony and with the remaining by samsung. There are lots of other component makers in Japan,Korea and taiwan.
So its not that difficult to make a phone without Chinese parts, the question is how much more expensive will it be. I remember buying Nokia 8250 phone in 2001,7650 in 2002,6600 in 2003 all made in finland they where expensive then.

I remember buying Nokia 8250 phone in 2001,7650 in 2002,6600 in 2003 all made in finland they where expensive then.

Made in finland or assembled in finland? The components?

The big daddy of em all, IBM, american company, sold off it's PC division to lenovo, HQ'd in beijing. So would you consider a thinkpad made in china an american product or not?

Bottom line is, the entire focus and media (+social) obsession with made in china needs to stop. It has nothing to do with the border intrusions.

Business can be done with anyone, that doesn't mean they're free to invade someone's territory and vice versa.

Interesting:

Last edited by a moderator:
Made in finland or assembled in finland? The components?
Its was written made in finland. Those days there was less chinese component makers and more jap/korean. Those days even a local repair parts shop in bangalore had Rubycon capacitors by 2010 there where mostly korean/chinese ones, very hard to find japanese caps in parts store. By 2018 it was hard to find even a part store.

Bottom line is, the entire focus and media (+social) obsession with made in china needs to stop. It has nothing to do with the border intrusions.

The world got a reality check when every country was looking for PPE,n95 masks and only china made them in large quantity. We are lucky atleast havent had to rely on china for PPE, many from the clothing industry stepped up to make ppe gowns and masks.
I think the discussion started after this and the border issue is only the catalyst. In defense this issue of importing foreign hardware is a big issue, no super power imports major military hardware.

...no super power imports major military hardware.

India is not a superpower.

ignore the modi bashing and read about the part where even DRDO can't even make a decent rifle (the insas) in 10 years ! Leave alone decent aircraft :

It's cheaper and better for us to import arms etc. than pretending we can make shit

Just for someone who wants to hate chinese or refrain, well you are still chinese as in your household more than 85% electronics stuff either directly or indirectly is chinese.
Not to forget the screws and nails as well on your walls...
So if you want to be pure desi, destroy your house first and build it from scratch with pure desi material.

Last edited:
Back