Graphic Cards Is RTX 4080 significantly better than RTX 4070?

Overkill for me and most. Let me know when it gets to 1L :dead:

It is the only 4k gpu worth considering irrespective of price (if you can afford it.. which you clearly can since u already have the 1 lakh budget.) I'm not saying this to convince u or make u buy.. i believe my gpu should sell at my ask.. its only a matter of time of finding the right buyer. You cannot force sell a mercedes to someone whose only going to consider/has budget for a lower brand car like a toyota or something.

Irrespective of all that..

just looking at the % performance difference between a 4080 and 4090, its not a matter of overkill.. the last 5 comments have been about whats the better value.. all these 4070/4070ti/4080 sit around each other only in the graphs and differentiate each other will smaller margins.. but 4080-4090 gap is the biggest one it terms of performance when u are spending around 1 lakh or greater.

Also.. its not just about what graphs.. there is another thing to consider.

A 4080 might do 60 frames at 4k in a certain game.. but the difference of quality of gameplay/smoothness between 60 and 90 frames is alot more than the difference between a 4070 ti getting 50 and a 4080 getting 60. There is value in these gpu's which u cant see in the graphs.

If it was me i would not even consider 4080's.. if i didnt have the budget i would buy something budget and cheap.. if i had the budget i would get the best thing because the performance gap is so big.. especially when its clearly known that 4090 is the best 4000 series gpu even at full retail price/performance ratio at 4k.

This come from my personal experience of having owned both the 4080 in the past and now the 4090.. the difference in smoothness/gameplay is huuuuge, you cannot experience it by just looking at the graphs.

Do not buy mine, i dont need you to.. but whats written above is just my 2cents.

Last edited:
It is the only 4k gpu worth considering irrespective of price (if you can afford it.. which you clearly can since u already have the 1 lakh budget.) I'm not saying this to convince u or make u buy.. i believe my gpu should sell at my ask.. its only a matter of time of finding the right buyer. You cannot force sell a mercedes to someone whose only going to consider/has budget for a lower brand car like a toyota or something.

Irrespective of all that..

just looking at the % performance difference between a 4080 and 4090, its not a matter of overkill.. the last 5 comments have been about whats the better value.. all these 4070/4070ti/4080 sit around each other only in the graphs and differentiate each other will smaller margins.. but 4080-4090 gap is the biggest one it terms of performance when u are spending around 1 lakh or greater.

Also.. its not just about what graphs.. there is another thing to consider.

A 4080 might do 60 frames at 4k in a certain game.. but the difference of quality of gameplay/smoothness between 60 and 90 frames is alot more than the difference between a 4070 ti getting 50 and a 4080 getting 60. There is value in these gpu's which u cant see in the graphs.

If it was me i would not even consider 4080's.. if i didnt have the budget i would buy something budget and cheap.. if i had the budget i would get the best thing because the performance gap is so big.. especially when its clearly known that 4090 is the best 4000 series gpu even at full retail price/performance ratio at 4k.

This come from my personal experience of having owned both the 4080 in the past and now the 4090.. the difference in smoothness/gameplay is huuuuge, you cannot experience it by just looking at the graphs.

Do not buy mine, i dont need you to.. but whats written above is just my 2cents.
You are saying bunch of things which are unlikely in real world cases, as it depends on configuration. You are correct, I’m not the tier one buyer. But it is also clear that you were trying to promote/sell your GPU with the first post, and I wish you luck for that.

I haven't done the math, but from what i remember, above 4070/4070 super - price/perf gets worse.
If buying used is not a problem than 3080 used gets you close to this area at 30k or lower. Perfect for 1440p gaming. Probably even 4k might be ok in most games as i play at 4k DLDSR + DLSS balanced/performance + FG through FSR mod + RT and i am happy with it. But i don't play the absolute latest games that much. And am ok with dropping a setting or two when needed. ultra is usually inefficient vs high. Not improving things that much but asking more in perf.

4090 has double the performance of 4070 at 4x or more the price. If value is important then, its not good. Soon enough we will have 5090 taking the crown and then 4090 will probably drop in price just as 3090 used got to 60k or so.

ofc, its very fast too and has lots of memory and is getting priced very high due to AI demand now. It is the best option today for 4k high refresh rate but with a disgustingly high price and relatively gimped cards below it.

Lastly, 4090 is a fire hazard. Unless you have new psu for it, i wouldnt touch it. Even 4080 has had that issue i think. No idea when i will upgrade but i wont touch 4090 until i have 100% clarity on it not catching fire due to adapters or what not.

Last edited:
I don't want to lose the DLSS 3 Frame Generation that is only there with RTX 40 series cards. Also, you are contradicting your point on Warranty now, with the 30 series I will lose 21-24 months of warranty vs 9 months with a used 4080; this also in exchange of 15k savings (RTX 3090 @70k vs RTX 4080 @82-85k). Thanks for trying to help but I sense a lot of contradiction in your suggestions.
Two points, if you get a new GPU by paying just 10 percent more then it makes sense.
Point two, if you are going to buy a used GPU, why pay so much, pay lesser.

Two points, if you get a new GPU by paying just 10 percent more then it makes sense.
Point two, if you are going to buy a used GPU, why pay so much, pay lesser.
Dude, no offense but your opinion and maths both are a bit off-putting. Rs. 85,000 for 4080 used, and Rs. 1,02,000 for new, that's 20% more, not 10%. Thanks for your contribution, but I don't think you are helping anymore.

Try to get many years warranty if you can with used gpu. Just in terms of value alone with 3080 used at 30k, 4080 used at 80k is roughly 50% faster for 166% more price.
FG works on 3080 too via FSR3 or via mod which combines FSR frame gen with DLSS. I used it in 2 games and it worked very well. VRAM is a factor too as 3080 only has 10gb although recent games seem to have manged vram much better.

Anyway, in the end buy what makes you happy and serves your purpose and enjoy it.

Dude, no offense but your opinion and maths both are a bit off-putting. Rs. 85,000 for 4080 used, and Rs. 1,02,000 for new, that's 20% more, not 10%. Thanks for your contribution, but I don't think you are helping anymore.
None taken - offence! From the beginning itself, you were inclined in getting a used 4080.

Try to get many years warranty if you can with used gpu. Just in terms of value alone with 3080 used at 30k, 4080 used at 80k is roughly 50% faster for 166% more price.
FG works on 3080 too via FSR3 or via mod which combines FSR frame gen with DLSS. I used it in 2 games and it worked very well. VRAM is a factor too as 3080 only has 10gb although recent games seem to have manged vram much better.

Anyway, in the end buy what makes you happy and serves your purpose and enjoy it.
Sure, thank you!

Stay away. Why suggest it for a gaming rig? 4070 Super is 60k and performs similarly to a 3090. Sure 12GB VRAM is not as futureproof as 24GB but better to buy a new card.
Omega, that's what I am using currently. 3090Ti, encodex offer is really enticing but I am not getting time to play at all.

Also, other than Alan Wake 2, 3090Ti has not bowed down in any game without DLSS. I don't game at UHD but true 4K. Its 4096x2160.

definitely get a 4080 if u can afford the price. Moreover, resale value will be a lot higher for a newer generation card when u decide the sell the card after a few years.

Just as some friends already mentioned, the 5090 is going to be a real beast -

The RTX 5090 most likely will be based on the Nvidia Blackwell architecture and, according to the tech YouTube account Moore’s Law is Dead, could be up to 70% faster than the current-gen RTX 4090 graphics card. This is an absolutely massive leap in performance, which would make child’s play of any of the best PC games currently on the market.

Back