Audio Is the E-MU 0202/0404 USB available in India?

RiO

Skilled
A buddy needs an audio interface primarily for recording vocals, so I've narrowed down on the E-MU 0202 and 0404 USB devices which I'm hoping is available in India. I know the PCI versions are but don't remember seeing or hearing about availability of E-MU USB interfaces.

Anyone see these products on shelves in Chennai or Bangalore?

That's one reason I did not ask about M-Audio, thanks though, I've asked him to take a stroll down Ritchie street when he gets a chance. If nothing is available, I'll probably have to get him something from here.

Have seen M-Audio in a shop in Ritchie though it was sometime back. Not sure if they still have it. Had some 3 ~ 4 cards on the shelf then. This place is couple of shops away from Nakoda Plaza. Dont remember the name though :p

EDIT : Damn, got confused. It was E-MU :rofl:

E-mu is not selling anything at pro audio retail. There is a trickle of products through the computer peripheral chain. If you write to Creative India you can probably figure out where some stock is available.

I would advise the stretch up to a 'real' card and an Audiobuddy. Sudhin may be able to help (Pro musicals in Chennai) selecting the right combo.

Thanks for the responses.

I'd imagine the Audio Buddy is expensive in India. When I was down in Jan to meet Sudhin, Pro Music had moved so I'll have to dig up old phone numbers and hope his cellphone hasn't changed. Thanks for the suggestion though, Sangram :)

To close this loop, I bought a Lexicon Omega after convincing him he needs to spend more on a good recording interface.

Well, it's available everywhere (except India, of course) and I paid 130 quid for it. I know a few guitarists happy with their Lexicon Lamdbas and the Omega is a really nice step up. I might end up getting one to replace my Edirol when I return.

Lexicon Pro

It's basically an audio interface created for recording musicians on a budget.

Not available in Mumbai. I checked with a couple of Disti's.
M-Audio is though, very highly priced.
BTW you still have your M-Audio?

Vandal said:
BTW you still have your M-Audio?
M-Audio and X-Fi Plat long gone... UA-25 is my main interface and will be upgrading to a MOTU later this year since I spend most of my time recording anyways.

Freaky said:
Have seen M-Audio in a shop in Ritchie though it was sometime back. Not sure if they still have it. Had some 3 ~ 4 cards on the shelf then. This place is couple of shops away from Nakoda Plaza. Dont remember the name though :p

EDIT : Damn, got confused. It was E-MU :rofl:
Die hard :O :O

One of my friends bought M-Audio card from ritchie, will try to get the dealers name from him .......

Back