Budget 41-50k Is the Lenovo IdeaCentre 3 desktop a good choice?

plsoft

Adept
Since my query is related to pre-configured desktop, I'll include only the relevant questions and add my own. Hope it's not something against the rules.

I've been trusted to build/get someone their first ever PC with below budget. Given the budget, I thought it would be a good idea to get the IdeaCentre desktop since building a similar configuration will most likely exceed our budget. The IdeaCentre also has the benefit of including windows and office license which would cost extra if we built it on our own. Please suggest if I should still go for a custom build.
  1. What is your budget?
    • Approx 50k
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Getting/building it for first time PC owner
  3. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
  4. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • No plan as of now since future owner doesn't have much idea bout computers.
  5. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Delhi, Nehru Place or Janakpuri
    • Open to online purchase
  6. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • Typical student use with occasional media consumption
  8. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Normal (20 to 24" with 60hz will do) - Minimum 1080p, but whatever fits in the budget
  9. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  10. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 11 Home 64 bit

Even a laptop will do for such low tasks and it comes with a display, lower power consumption and works during a power outage. If the person wants a desktop then those two choices are good enough. Desktops need a UPS and that is extra 3k if you don't want to lose data due to disk failure. SSD's have some power backup caps on them but they last just a few milliseconds. You can spend that entire 50k on a laptop just saying.

In my view second one "16gb+512 SSD" is a Excellent Config. without monitor, for the price. Only glitch is warranty is 1 years. You have to pay Rs 1000-2000 for additional 2 - 4 years warranty extension

Back