Is there a way to buy from aliexpress.com now ?

saggyN73

Disciple
I want to buy one small item from AliExpress. I am aware that site is blocked in India and item may not even ship to me if used some trick. But I am ready to take a risk since item cost is minimal. Is there any way to buy item from AliExpress? I already tried using SetupVPN, I get stuck at login page or buy now page. So anyone has any better solution for this?

Hi,

I noticed that there are some used FPGA boards available on aliexpress site.
But if I try to order, it says "cannot be shipped to India".
Is there any way out ?

If it matters, the price of these boards is approximately 30-50 USD...

Nope, AliExpress / Banggood etc. have stopped shipping to India entirely.

I used to average 50-60 orders a year easily - got some amazing products (electronics mostly) over the years, including some crazy deals on chi-fi iems - I got the Tin Audio T4 when it had launched for $69 (the promo ran for 2 days iirc).

What a bummer of a situation since last year's ban...

Hi,

I noticed that there are some used FPGA boards available on aliexpress site.
But if I try to order, it says "cannot be shipped to India".
Is there any way out ?

If it matters, the price of these boards is approximately 30-50 USD...
I am not even looking for such complicated item. I am looking for protective cover for my NVIDIA Shield Pro's remote.

Did u try from ebay
I did, that item is not shipping to India.

Nope, AliExpress / Banggood etc. have stopped shipping to India entirely.

I used to average 50-60 orders a year easily - got some amazing products (electronics mostly) over the years, including some crazy deals on chi-fi iems - I got the Tin Audio T4 when it had launched for $69 (the promo ran for 2 days iirc).

What a bummer of a situation since last year's ban...
Too bad...Ban on such small chinese products and big brands like Xiomi, Realme, OnePlus are ruling Indian markets, this is hypocrisy.

Did u try from ebay

I looked up...are you referring to "Dropshipping" ?
Apparently it means ordering some item on ebay where that order is routed
to aliexpress and it gets delivered from there. But to get around the current
ban somebody needs to do re-routing.. how does that happen ?

You can order it to Rahul's US address and then ship it back to India. Ofc this method is not very efficient in terms of money or time.

You can order it to Rahul's US address and then ship it back to India. Ofc this method is not very efficient in terms of money or time.
Costs are just not worth it for low / mid value items honestly. Plus there are alternate (cheaper) forwarding services based out of Singapore which allows us to buy from Lazada.

Costs are just not worth it for low / mid value items honestly. Plus there are alternate (cheaper) forwarding services based out of Singapore which allows us to buy from Lazada.
Can you recommend such a forwarding service ? Also how
you make the payment , does Lazada accept Indian issued cards allowed for
international payments ?

I need to import some tiny electronic components worth $5-10, any way to go about it other than ordering to Rahul's address?

Plus there are alternate (cheaper) forwarding services based out of Singapore which allows us to buy from Lazada.
Any suggestions/guidance on this would help a lot.

I am not even looking for such complicated item. I am looking for protective cover for my NVIDIA Shield Pro's remote.

I did, that item is not shipping to India.

Too bad...Ban on such small chinese products and big brands like Xiomi, Realme, OnePlus are ruling Indian markets, this is hypocrisy.
I wouldn't say it is hypocrisy as opposed to Chinese companies registered in India, most items imported from China by traders are valued extremely lowly resulting in loss of import duties. Ideally, there should have been a separation between individual purchases and non-value adding business purchases, but that is difficult to pull off without tracking shipments to IDs which then becomes a privacy issue.

We are not going to become atmanirbhar for these items any time soon considering the state of manufacturing in India. I remember purchasing a cover for my TV remote from AliExpress last year that cost around 500 while sellers in India were selling the same item on Amazon for 1.2k, their contribution being effectively nothing.
I would assume the actual shipping cost from Singapore might be lower but since they use established couriers, you are going to pay the full custom duties on the item. Not sure how cheap it will be overall, as I suppose even cheap items will breach the custom duty threshold since shipping costs are included when calculating custom duties.

Can you kindly elaborate? On the alternative... I am stumped by the lack of access to these Chinese sites.

I hope just like that they re-launch Aliexpress as Rahulexpress, Chulbulexpress, radeexpress, Chennaiexpress or some random Bollywood name to keep everyone happy.
Kindly ping salman, arbaaz, hirani, johars and chopras! They arent making movies so at least they can consider this as an alternate biz..

I too used to order up to 100 small items a year from AliExpress. I can still log in via VPN but haven't actually placed an order after the ban. Many sellers still seem to ship to India. You just have to search a bit to find them.

@saggyN73 - is this what you're looking for? This seller (just one example) provides free shipping to India. https://tinyurl.com/42js3j99

I too used to order up to 100 small items a year from AliExpress. I can still log in via VPN but haven't actually placed an order after the ban. Many sellers still seem to ship to India. You just have to search a bit to find them.

@saggyN73 - is this what you're looking for? This seller (just one example) provides free shipping to India. https://tinyurl.com/42js3j99
It doesn't work. When you click on place order you'll get an error.

Attachments

• IMG_20210620_211600.jpg
    IMG_20210620_211600.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 88
How about getting in touch with the seller via AliExpress messaging and then doing direct deal via PayPal?

How about getting in touch with the seller via AliExpress messaging and then doing direct deal via PayPal?
It won't solve the customs problem, the reason AliExpress stopped shipping is that our country banned it. Customs in this country are unpredictable even on good days, if they have an excuse to stop/delay a shipment, they will.

Back