PC Peripherals Is there any magic trick to contact Belkin support ???

DavyJones

Disciple
I have a one year old belkin keyboard which is typing random numbers automatically. It still has two years warranty left. I tried to take it to the service centre but they told me to call the toll free number first and create an RMA claim, then only they will accept my keyboard . I'm trying for the past one week to call the toll free number. but it's always busy . I tried even at midnight but the same result.

I have no idea what to do now ??

Anybody knows any way around this prob ??

I may sound stupid but all I need to do was call the toll free number through BSNL landline to get connected :banghead: . I wasted a lot of time but let's hope my experience will help someone else in future:p . Anyway right now my replacement status on Accel says " Credit refund- pending " . Does it mean they're going to give me money instead of replacing the keyboard ??

I may sound stupid but all I need to do was call the toll free number through BSNL landline to get connected :banghead: . I wasted a lot of time but let's hope my experience will help someone else in future:p . Anyway right now my replacement status on Accel says " Credit refund- pending " . Does it mean they're going to give me money instead of replacing the keyboard ??

Yes, might be in some approval stage.

How does calling from a landline make a difference ?
Maybe it is some special kind of toll free number which only works with BSNL.
Normally toll free numbers are free only when called from BSNL network( landline/mobile ) [this is what I experienced sometime ago when I was trying to book a complaint for my dead landline ]

I can understand the concept of getting a toll free call if calling from a BSNL line but never getting through otherwise is odd. A busy tone is very misleading.

How does calling from a landline make a difference ?

I should have been more specific, my mistake ...... whenever I tried to call the toll free number through my mobile it was busy .... always busy ...even at midnight it was busy... Then I read somewhere that the belkin toll free number was supposed to be called through BSNL/MTNL line . So I tried that and it connected without any hassle and I registered my complaint. I hope this clears everything.

But I must say that the busy msg is very misleading. If it was not connecting or the tone was something else I would have guessed it early and would have tried to call through landline . The busy msg tricked me and I thought the call can be connected through my mobile[DOUBLEPOST=1413479422][/DOUBLEPOST]
^^

He wants to say that he should of called the number before creating a thread :p

Thank you for your vote of confidence LOL:rolleyes:

I should have been more specific, my mistake ...... whenever I tried to call the toll free number through my mobile it was busy .... always busy ...even at midnight it was busy... Then I read somewhere that the belkin toll free number was supposed to be called through BSNL/MTNL line . So I tried that and it connected without any hassle and I registered my complaint. I hope this clears everything.
You were clear the first time. I would not be embarassed but rather peeved.

a toll free number from a bsnl line implies its not toll free from any other not that it never connects. If i ever go to the bsnl office i'll ask them to clarify this.

But I must say that the busy msg is very misleading. If it was not connecting or the tone was something else I would have guessed it early and would have tried to call through landline . The busy msg tricked me and I thought the call can be connected through my mobile
of course.

Back