Is there any merit in renewing hotstar? Considering everything

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
HBO content has left hotstar..
Nothing interesting running on it and I am not finding anything interesting in the pipeline either unless I haven't looked carefully..
What you guys think?
My sub is up for renewal.. So help me out.
Also with the talks of jio taking over hotstar, is there any merit in renewing???

Thanks

In the same boat, my plan is also expiring in 2 weeks.

90% of the reason I purchased a subscription was because of cricket. They've lost almost all broadcasting rights except for the upcoming India vs England series.

I hope that when motabhai consumes Disney, he'll merge our existing plans with Jio.

My Hotstar subscription ended the day after the WC final. Not going to renew it ever again for Disney content. It will anyway merge with Jio in the coming months, though not going to subscribe to that either. It is Netflix, Airtel Xstream Premium covered by office mobile plan and yar har fiddle di dee.

Looks like some of the Hulu content make there way into Hotstar. But yes, if you are not into viewing the channels like my parents do or still dig Marvel/Star Wars, it doesn't make sense.

The only lure is the upcoming test series...
But apart from that it's all dull on hotstar..
If there is a way to watch the ind eng test series via some other means, I guess I ll skip it altogether now...
Any pointers???

They took away HBO and Formula 1, while keeping the prices same/higher.
Premier League remains, but I get 2 devices subscription free with Airtel broadband plan so only going to use that now.
I watch most matches on TV channels (much cheaper to just subscribe to the one showing the games and unsubscribe later).
Hotstar will not get any more money from me!

Maybe offtopic to rest..
But my Mom uses hotstar more then anything else.
There are lots of serials from season 1 episode 1 to date.

Maybe offtopic to rest..
But my Mom uses hotstar more then anything else.
There are lots of serials from season 1 episode 1 to date.
For daily soaps, there's no complaint as its a crap content anyways and only a small % of audience will actually subscribe solely for watching daily soap.
Mass audience will pay for a worthy or a premium stuff hence someone is willing to subscribe.

I too feel no use buying hotstar plan. Except for couple of films that come once in a month, nothing else seems interesting.
I didn't renew when my plan expired, but later it came free with our airtel fiber plan.

Back