Is there at all online gaming in India ?

senfunn

Adept
Hello Guys,

Gamers or whatever we call ourselves, every time i buy an online gaming series fancying that i would be killed and torn apart online.

With great eager i install them and to my surprise the servers get me pathetic pings and good for all and especially me , i find a server with less than 100ms and ooooops the server is locked. :mad:

What in the world ?!?! I trace back the IP with some grave online tool, it points back to somewhere in Europe.

Seriously, its hard to find any server for any game online which i could play on. And adding to my misery none of my friends game, so the LAN option is also left out !!

If u guys play online please join me in.... i am a noob though :S

Only active online multiplayer games in India are CS and DOTA. We've missed out on some of the most amazing MP games - we're either too late or too few to make any impact. Also there aren't any communities that try to push hard for these games, but how can you blame them? - people are too fckn ignorant to even try anything new. Must be the fear of actually enjoying and liking a new game for once?

Unfortunately, our only chance of having some decent MP fun is on Asian/Mid-east servers - that too depends on how efficient your ISP is at routing. Some of our great ISPs give 3 digit pings within India itself. Routing data around the world and back to reach your next door neighbour on a different ISP is the smarter way apparently. So yes....in short, its wrong to expect a lot.

Keep an eye on this forum, you'll find some recent games being played online - Team Fortress 2 is one such game. I sure hope it stays alive :( I need an ISP change before I buy/play it. :mad:

zomg, why play next-gen MP Games when you can play 10 year old tired fpses? welcome to the debacle that is the Indian MP gaming community! putting my sarcastic remarks aside, which games do you want to play? if you use X-Fire, add me and then we can set some sort of timing :)

really.... let me remeber... i started a UT3 demo server... where most of the people said that they were getting decent pings.... but what happenned... No 1 showed up to play.... Only on the first day 2 - 3 people played , that was it... so stop blaming that there are no servers in India...

IceFusion said:
really.... let me remeber... i started a UT3 demo server... where most of the people said that they were getting decent pings.... but what happenned... No 1 showed up to play.... Only on the first day 2 - 3 people played , that was it... so stop blaming that there are no servers in India...

yup, there were only a few ppl for UT3 demo: U, me, Quad Master and one more guy. I would have played more but i had to come to chennai from delhi.

montylee said:
yup, there were only a few ppl for UT3 demo: U, me, Quad Master and one more guy. I would have played more but i had to come to chennai from delhi.
IceFusion said:

I was the other guy,,,

U see ice, noone wanted to play deathmatch, every one wated the other one..forgot the name...

Vehicle Deathmatch? maybe...but there were not enough players to enjoy the game.

@senfunn, use xfire and u can play with some people on TE. my xfire id is montylee but i am in chennai right now and wd be able to play only in january, next year.

Well depends on what and where you play.

I get better pings on UK/EU servers these days. So i play occasional CSS, UT3 there.

Problem is the infrastructure. Whatever you want to believe a decent unlimited Broadband has still not spread to everyone. Take example of me. I live in a suburb of the biggest metro in india, the great Mumbai.

And I dont get Airtel, tata, Hathway here.

Until recently the only option was MTNL triband. Reliance has just entered here and I have signed up for them awaiting connection.

So you cant even blame people here. There is no unlimited plan for Mumbai Triband users. So we cant even think of playing games.

Thanks guys ... I would get into X-fire and join u guys !!! ....

@IceFusion - Seriously i was not aware of ur Demo Server setup ... sorry i missed out .. Next time if something like that happens i would surely get into it.

And the ISPs, surely they need some bang on their head. They even dont support if u have ur own modem ... common ... then whats customer care..

And whats this zapak site ??

why is proq3dm6 the ONLY map i ever see on q3 fragshack server? and i can't even change it since its a team dm....which is why the only resort for me in q3 is excessive plus servers (germany) - really fast paced q3 mod...

oh BTW, f(r)ag-shack sux :|

no n00bs to pwn :bleh:

the place is empty half of the time..

i guess no one wants to join cuz its clan arena 24/7 :mad:

yea but havent played for a week coz masky is busy looking for a bride and just 3 ppl is boring but will try to set one up tonight :lol:

arrey dostoon i am in chennai for 2 months. I am using a lappy (my manager's lappy) with 945 chipset. I have installed Trackmania nations on it. If anybody wants to play it tonight, please post here.

Back