Is there at all online gaming in India ?

saumilsingh

Skilled
Mar 17, 2005
Get the Orange Box and play Team Fortress 2 on Singapore & Malaysian servers with 90-150ms.
First FPS I am playing online in half a decade and loving it!

evox

Adept
Sep 19, 2006
rajanand.wordpress.com
v1gnesh said:
oh BTW, f(r)ag-shack sux :|

no n00bs to pwn :bleh:

the place is empty half of the time..

i guess no one wants to join cuz its clan arena 24/7 :mad:

annoying 13year olds in a cyber cafe who have poor control over grammar and frequently use characters to make them look more "L33T". I'll pass, thank you.

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Jun 3, 2005
IceFusion said:
really.... let me remeber... i started a UT3 demo server... where most of the people said that they were getting decent pings.... but what happenned... No 1 showed up to play.... Only on the first day 2 - 3 people played , that was it... so stop blaming that there are no servers in India...

I was one of those players who checked-in every 5~10 min on that demo server those days to see if anyone was playing and found no one except for 2 days.

Frankly I think the major problem was disabling the bots. In many of the UT2004 servers I frequent, they have the auto-balance on and the player limit set to 16/24. So even if there are only 4 human players, the rest are filled with bots ensuring that you do not get bored. If a new player joins in, one of the bots is immediately removed to make room for the human player and likewise if one of the players quits in between, a bot takes over.

Party Monger said:
I was the other guy,,,
U see ice, noone wanted to play deathmatch, every one wated the other one..forgot the name...

Yeah, I remember it was you who was roaming about in the map alone without any players and after I took joined, I took the alien ship and fragged you many times as soon as you spawned. :p

montylee said:
Vehicle Deathmatch? maybe...but there were not enough players to enjoy the game.

I think we could have just enabled the bots to play vehicle CTF too.

v1gnesh

Adept
Nov 29, 2006
evox said:
annoying 13year olds in a cyber cafe who have poor control over grammar and frequently use characters to make them look more "L33T". I'll pass, thank you.
whatever :| , as if i care what a 60year old has to say about me ...

mods can delete the post :S

evox

Adept
Sep 19, 2006
rajanand.wordpress.com
v1gnesh said:
whatever :| , as if i care what a 60year old has to say about me ...

mods can delete the post :S

Errrr I meant the annoying Indian CS Players I've encountered during my playtime (the ones who constantly roar about how good and "1337" they are over VoIP). I didn't mean you.

also, I'm not 60.

Edit: also, before getting worked up, try reading posts carefully

ajex

Adept
Jul 23, 2006
i play FEAR multiplayer on UK and german servers.....had to make them friendz coz otherwise they kick due to high pings :( ...i get around 180-200 in every game....even call of duty 4 also, on the *Ahem* servers ;P.......I couldn't play CSS coz there are no/ very less indian servers for that :(

besides high pings....my clan still owns in FEAR and i hav 2 germans also in my clan :)

vebk

Adept
Nov 30, 2007
Has anyone played Gears of War (PC) online yet? Does it work, and does it work well? I have an Airtel 512kbps unlimited connection.

It doesn't matter to me whether I am playing people in India or anywhere else in the world. The reason I ask is that I played Warhawk online on the PS3 at a friend's house and am totally hooked on online gaming! Also, he can play against people all across the world seamlessly - no glitches, skipping etc.

thebanik

Skilled
May 23, 2007
^^^for FPS multiplayer game your download speed doesnt matter as you would learn when you try to play online. What matters is the ping time to the game servers. I dont think Gears of War have been released in India or has it????

vebk

Adept
Nov 30, 2007
Yeah, it's been released for sure! And it uses the Windows - Live thing for online playing (i.e. same thing as the Xbox 360).

evox

Adept
Sep 19, 2006
rajanand.wordpress.com
montylee said:
gr8 dude! I have joined it but i won't be able to play till jan next year. U guys should prefix "TE |" before ur usernames.

I thought of posting that as an Announcement, but Saumil on the spot said he won't be putting "TE" with his alias. I'd reckon other people will agree, so I decided to trop the "TE in Alias" thing :(