Is this config any good ? - Suggestions plz...

anfjavid

Skilled
Amd 955be

Asus m4a880T M LE

Corsair value 4 GB

AMD 5670 or 6770 or 6670 which one is VFM - I am on a budget of 6k for GPU

or GTS 450

Plz suggest brand with good performance and ASS for GPU

Is RADEON really good ? Because in games like RAGE a lot of incompatibility is found in ATI and a user is asked to do a lot of tasks like uninstall/reinstall drivers, use driversweeper, some scripting tasks with the game config files, blah blah in case of issues. IMO nvidia is far better in these areas. So your valuable advise is on demand...

Since the hdd prices have reached SPACE gonna use my old 80gb IDE hdd for now. Please advice on this config and state if this hdd will cause any issues in this board … Already have CM 460, keyb, mouse and monitor...

TIA

What size is your monitor?
If under 20 inches 6670 will do. Anything higher look above 6770.
Ram prices are at an all time low.
Make the best use of it go for 8gb.
Rest config should be fine i guess.

^^ Core i3 2100 ~ 5500/- OR Core i5 2400 ~ 9500/- --> Intel processors are much better and the LGA 1155 socket will support the new wave of Intel Sandy-Bridge-E chips so compatibility is also assured, power usage is also lesser than equivalent AMD solutions. AnandTech - Bench - CPU / AnandTech - Bench - CPU.
Intel DH67-BL ~ 5500/-
Corsair XMS3 4GB [single module] ~ 1600/- [get as much RAM as you want, NOW as the prices are low]
For graphics card best bet in the sub-7000/- budget range is the AMD HD 6770 ~ 7500/-, the GTS 450 doesn't hold a candle to its performance also power consumption is spartan. Latest AMD Catalyst drivers 11.9 have remedied most of the texture issues being faced. -- ATI Radeon.

Hard drive prices have indeed gone crazy, checked at TheITWares.com and DeltaPage.

To power all of this you'll need a decent SMPS, get the Seasonic S12D 520W ~ 3700/- TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply.

Hope this helps, Sire. Cheers!!

Wishing you a happy Diwali in advance.

^^ thank you mate. But before reading your post i went and purchased the config which is

Amd 955be

Asus m4a880T M LE both 10.1k

Corsair value 4 GB - 1.2k

xfx HD6770 @ 7.1k

bijlie cabby - 1.3k

I hope i didnt overpay...

Now the BIJLI cabinet aint a good cabinet as others suggested mate. Particularly the FP USB port and the audio ports at the top of the cabby isnt a wise placement at all. The cables are running from top to bottom and it looks messy interfering with the graphics card and the processor. The right side screw holes in the HDD bay are placed very near to side part of the cabinet and its difficult to fasten. The plus points are the side fans and the lighted fan.

Thanx for your reply and

Wishing you advanced colourful Diwali

for me i prefer intel core i series to amd..according to my experience any Asus decent board will do the job well.
i have Asus GTS 450 which suffice me as i am not a serious gamers though i can play GTA IV at 1440 X 900 without any hiccup with my CM 460 which produce sufficient fuel for my rig..

Should've considered sapphire or msi over xfx but i hope everything works fine without problems,Happy gaming and also wish you happy diwali!:)
anfjavid said:
^^ thank you mate. But before reading your post i went and purchased the config which is

Amd 955be

Asus m4a880T M LE both 10.1k

Corsair value 4 GB - 1.2k

xfx HD6770 @ 7.1k

bijlie cabby - 1.3k

I hope i didnt overpay...

Now the BIJLI cabinet aint a good cabinet as others suggested mate. Particularly the FP USB port and the audio ports at the top of the cabby isnt a wise placement at all. The cables are running from top to bottom and it looks messy interfering with the graphics card and the processor. The right side screw holes in the HDD bay are placed very near to side part of the cabinet and its difficult to fasten. The plus points are the side fans and the lighted fan.

Thanx for your reply and

Wishing you advanced colourful Diwali

thegatekeeper said:
Should've considered sapphire or msi over xfx but i hope everything works fine without problems,Happy gaming and also wish you happy diwali!:)

Why ?, is it because of ASS or performance ?. Actually the dealer gave both the models but my cousin prefered xfx over msi because its more sturdy than the other...

@ALPHA 17 - Its juiced by CM460 and i hope it will be fine.. But now a couple of issues with the CASING.

The BIJLI's FP ports are not recognising my freeagent go 250GB portable drive. WTF !!!. It is a well known suggested by most of the members but it acts like shit. Did they downgraded the quality to cut price ?. And the other issue is the FP Fan aint working except the LED. What to do guys ?. Do i have to take the entire rig to service center or just remove the front cover and get the fan replaced ?. But since the cabby is without PSU will warranty apply ?

Regret for making a bad choice. Should have gone for the guardian or some other thing. BEcause i have housed my office rig into the guardian and it finds my freeagent go well...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

My cousin isnt bothered about the FP fan. I suggested him to get the FAN replaced because since its a 955BE processor whose HS is also big, a big fan is a must. Moreover the cost of the FAN may be around 200 i guess. So can that be ignored ?.

anfjavid said:
Why ?, is it because of ASS or performance ?. Actually the dealer gave both the models but my cousin prefered xfx over msi because its more sturdy than the other...

@ALPHA 17 - Its juiced by CM460 and i hope it will be fine.. But now a couple of issues with the CASING.

The BIJLI's FP ports are not recognising my freeagent go 250GB portable drive. WTF !!!. It is a well known suggested by most of the members but it acts like shit. Did they downgraded the quality to cut price ?. And the other issue is the FP Fan aint working except the LED. What to do guys ?. Do i have to take the entire rig to service center or just remove the front cover and get the fan replaced ?. But since the cabby is without PSU will warranty apply ?

Regret for making a bad choice. Should have gone for the guardian or some other thing. BEcause i have housed my office rig into the guardian and it finds my freeagent go well...

My cousin isnt bothered about the FP fan. I suggested him to get the FAN replaced because since its a 955BE processor whose HS is also big, a big fan is a must. Moreover the cost of the FAN may be around 200 i guess. So can that be ignored ?.

Real Power Pro OR eXtreme Power Plus?

If it eXtreme Power Plus, bad choice.

I've not got a lot of experience with Indian cabinet manufacturers but suffice to say that their build quality sucks. So that is why I recommend chaps to buy something like Cooler Master eLite as a minimum.

Warranty shall apply whether the cabinet is with SMPS OR not.

Don't ignore it man, later problems may arise out of no where, or existing issues will turn ugly.

Hope this helps.

Guys, his PSU exploded !!!

The front panel wires had been preventing the fan from spinning. So today he removed the cabby side cover, plug cycled the front panel connecters and when the PC was switched ON the PSU EXPLODED !!!. Its out of warranty, so is it worth to get it repaired ?

Anyway he wants to buy a new PSU today itself, because he has to game. He is much enthusiastic after building the rig but things dint go well. So what PSU to buy within 2.5k mate, SeaSonic S12II 430 or corsair CX430 V2 ?

He bought cx400 and is on the way to house. Now is there anything like cx400 v2 ?. When i asked he says the box is not big and so i am doubtful whether its any version 2....

I am very sorry guys. I have given wrong information and so far i was under the impression that he was using the corrected version of the extreme power which is EPP. Two years back i was told something like the CM 460 extreme power series are to be avoided and when i found the extreme power plus it made me think its the revised version since it adds the word PLUS. OMG. Actually i was given HUNTKEY GREEN POWER 550W and the CM 460W by the dealer and my cousin picked up the CM 460...

Very sorry guys

The exact model no. is EXTREME POWER PLUS RS-460-PCAR-A3

Today he went to Sethia infotech and when asked about the seasonic 430, the sethia guy told that warranty claim is not so easy and so not advisable. There are no proper service centres for seasonic in Chennai and the unit has to go to Bombay. So my cousin picked up a CORSAIR CX400 (which is stopped) which bore the MFG date august 2010. But the dealer told that warranty will run from the date of bill only. Is it so ?. If i were there i would have made a wise choice.

He even suggested antec VP 450 for extra 300 bucks but he denied since it carries the same 3 yr warranty as that of Corsair...

Is it true for seasonic ? He bluntly says they will deny warranty. I think in order to push the old corsair he lied.. Whats your idea guys...

There is no v2 in corsair cx400,should've mentioned the psu before like alpha17 said,anyways cx400 is a good choice but seasonic s12ii 430 would've been better,the warranty of psu should run from the bill date,as for seasonic warranty will be 5 years.

^^ Thanx mate, google search suggestions listed something like cx400 ii. So i was confused. but as for CX430 it is v2 only...

Seasonic warranty support is not very impressive which is evidenced by this thread

http://www.techenclave.com/pc-perip...prises-pov-rma-confusion-resolved-142788.html

I read the troubles faced by a POV PSU user. Finally after a lot of fighting and with the help of some members and IT depot, he ended up paying extra and got another PSU which is TAGAN. Seems those in Tirupathi are morons and rude people who adopt all tactics to dodge the customer. The customer is made to go from pillar to post without getting RMA. So what Sethia told is most probably correct.

But IMO, order to push the old corsair he would have told the same thing even if seasonic is taken care of by a good support...

Back