Is This configuration good?

^^ maybe rahul hasnt changed the price on his website, will call him and inquire the rate.

Any way so here is the final config:

MSI 880GMA-E45 ~ : 5700

PhenomII X4 955BE : 8000

ocz / Corsair / Mushkin DDR3 Ram 2 x 2gb :

Seagate 1TB HDD~ : 3350

COOLER MASTER Elite 310 red-black with

transparent side panel : 1850

Corsair VX450 ~ : 3700

Samsung Myst Eco B2030 ~ : 6450

MSI Hawk HD5770 1GB GDDR5 ~ : 9600

Altec Lansing VS4121 ~ : 2800

Logitech MX518 : 1550

APC UPS 650 VA : 2800

COOLERMASTER 120mm Red LED Case Fan : 450

Standard MM keyboard : 450

---------------------------------------------

TOTAL : 52250

---------------------------------------------

techno_guy said:
the cabinet is transparent so sunlight might damage the system
Is that a joke? Or Are you serious,

the only damage sunlight can do(that I know of) is due to UV rays, some plastic parts might get brittle&faded after prolonged(~1-2yrs) exposure to UV rays. A similar problem is faced by people using UV cathode tubes too, so sunlight damage !! wont be a major issue.

For guidance regarding UPS ask people who have been RMA'ing APC 2-3 times every year. UPS for your system will become a costly affair. APC is the only brand(best ups in India) you should go for. Even APC is not that good as I've seen with quite some people with problems but you have no other choice as other brands are even worse.

Who said there is no other best alternative to APC. Have been using microtek for years and its an excellent UPS. Even works fine with a corsair PSU (which has APFC). So go for it you wont regret.. Take the 800v double battery one.

anfjavid said:
Who said there is no other best alternative to APC. Have been using microtek for years and its an excellent UPS. Even works fine with a corsair PSU (which has APFC). So go for it you wont regret.. Take the 800v double battery one.

Dude I have Microtek 800V double battery one it died after 1 year of usage and I had to get new battery for it(which I didnt as I installed a UPS-inverter for the house, I've tried selling it here on TE but there are no takers for it. It used to be able to run my PC for 30mins while gaming. But this PC's power requirements are even higher than my PC.

aman.pitbull said:
Dude I have Microtek 800V double battery one it died after 1 year of usage and I had to get new battery for it(which I didnt as I installed a UPS-inverter for the house, I've tried selling it here on TE but there are no takers for it. It used to be able to run my PC for 30mins while gaming. But this PC's power requirements are even higher than my PC.
May be its death might have been caused by your PSU since you game during the backup period. But i am not sure. I havent done any gaming during UPS backup hours in my lifetime since i feel that its not good for the UPS and i am not a gaming freak... For me MTEK UPSes worked flawlessly even more than 3 yrs..

anfjavid said:
May be its death might have been caused by your PSU since you game during the backup period. But i am not sure. I havent done any gaming during UPS backup hours in my lifetime since i feel that its not good for the UPS and i am not a gaming freak... For me MTEK UPSes worked flawlessly even more than 3 yrs..

You are pretty right there power cuts used to occur in between my gaming secessions so I'd to wait save the game and quit. But I never played games on Backup intentionally.

1 Row in my college has around 10X PentiumDualCore PC's all on Microtek SMPS, almost all of them died after 1yrs of usage and the other row with 10 PC's has APC 550VA (single battery) SMPS they ran for 1.5yrs after which even they died.

Ok guys Got the final rates from Rahul [theitwares.com]

MSI 880GMA-E45 + PhenomII X4 955BE : 14400

GSKill 2GB X 2 DDR3 DUAL CHANNEL KIT 1600MHZ CL9 RIPJAWS - F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL : 6000

Seagate 1TB HDD~ : 3350

COOLER MASTER Elite 310 red-black with transparent side panel : 1850

Corsair VX450 : 3700

Samsung Myst Eco B2030 : 6550

MSI Hawk HD5770 1GB GDDR5 : 9600

Altec Lansing VS4121 : 2950

Logitech MX518 : 1375

APC UPS 650 VA : 3050

COOLERMASTER 120mm Red LED Case Fan : 450

Standard MM keyboard : 450

----------------------------------------------

TOTAL : 53,725

-----------------------------------------------

Just have changed the Ram as the Gskill looks awesome !!! But please confirm if the ram will be fully compatible with the above motherboard as on MSI website it states[ DDR3 Memory DDR3 800/1066/1333/1600*(OC) ]

http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=prodmbspec&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=&cat3_no=&prod_no=2061

Any other changes before i place the order ? BTW the COOLER MASTER Elite 310 is currently outta stock , any other options except the gamma?

My understanding is that, if you put 1600 MHz RAM in a MB that supports 1600(OC)/1333, the sticks in will default to 1333, and run at 1333, which would mean it is not running at the speed you bought it for. However, you can go into your BIOS and change the settings to get the memory to clock at 1600, ( i think you'll have to change either the multipilier or overclock the FSB)... Don't buy the 1600 but the 1333 MHz DDR3 (real world difference isn't much but and you might end up saving about 600-700 bucks....)

^^ I know i can overclock and get it to 1600 in the BIOS. Just wanted to know that the rams have no compatibility issues with this motherboard. I mean the PC should boot and perform fine even at 1333 mhz.

avoid buying samsung lcd i have worst experiment at poor service will not improve and refused to replacement the monitor so i recommend u should option for dell :)

Back