Budget 31-40k Is this lenovo 330S worth it?

Sounds good, would suggest to opt for the SSD model only if it has an M2 NVMe SSD and not a SATA one (never know). Else the HDD option is better, throw in a 970 EVO and you are good to go. RAM - expand to 8GB and should be good to go.

Where I would not suggest for this laptop is the Lenovo brand. Too many problems seen.

Yes I would suggest stay away from Lenovo unless it's your last resort or too tight on budget.
Explore Acer.
Few yrs ago someone in my whereabouts had such laptop with soldered ram and she installed additional 4gb. The soldered ram went bad after 2 yrs or so and the only option was to get the whole mobo replaced that too off warranty. She trashed the laptop except for that additional ram and hdd.
So I will always suggest stay away from soldered stuff. It kills the complete package. Rest its your call.

Last edited:
Ok, i will wait for big billion day offers then from a better brand. Coincidently my relative bough the 8th gen core i5 with radon graphics version of this model. the laptop does look sleek and good. No idea how it performs though.

What about ThinkPad series? Lenovo owns it, is it still worth the premium? Used to built like tanks.
I saw the latest one in shop and it did look very well built however cant say about internals. However even the cheaper 330s also looks well built with no flexing etc or loose parts.

Back