Graphic Cards Is this OK for 4830 ?

H_D

Adept
Hello guys!

Yesterday only i came to know that msi 4830 is selling for Rs 7.5k in Nehru Place, so i was considering it :eek:hyeah: but i would like to know will this PSU be enufff,i have this PSU.

When i read the manual there it is written that it is manufactured by GlacialTech in Taiwan.

GlacialStars

PS: it has 72% efficiency i.e 350Watts

That PSU's p00p. Get hold of the CM 460W at least, just in case u're low on funds. For the requirement, a VX450 would easily suffice but just in case you wish to spend a bit more, you could get the TX650/Antec Earthwatts 650. HX620 is priced almost the same as what it used to retail for 2 yrs back.

forum67 said:
lol..try it ,OC it , play crysis on HIGHEST setting , if PC restart
change the PSU

so that he has to buy new parts after everything is blown by the PSU?

i suggest get a Corsair VX450.

I have that PSU, and it is a 350W dual rail model. I don't think it will be enough for the HD4830, and I suggest not taking the risk. A CoolerMaster 460W/POV 500W would probably be a decent option for the card.

A good option for this PSU would be the HD 4670 which sells for 5k.

@Everyone - The VX450 is a great PSU, but overkill for most people with midrange graphics cards and dual core processors. It is also not at all VFM in India :)

EscSysRq said:
That PSU's p00p. Get hold of the CM 460W at least, just in case u're low on funds. For the requirement, a VX450 would easily suffice but just in case you wish to spend a bit more, you could get the TX650/Antec Earthwatts 650. HX620 is priced almost the same as what it used to retail for 2 yrs back.

I dont mind copying my post as such :lol: but pl refrain from posting stuff irrelevant to OP's requirement.

ujjwal said:
I have that PSU, and it is a 350W dual rail model. I don't think it will be enough for the HD4830, and I suggest not taking the risk. A CoolerMaster 460W/POV 500W would probably be a decent option for the card.

A good option for this PSU would be the HD 4670 which sells for 5k.

Actually earlier i was going for MSI 4670 which is avail for Rs 5.1k @ SMC and it is BEST vfm IMO but when he told me teh price of msi 4830 i was very surprised.

If i go for 4830 then i ll hv to spend = 3.9+7.5 = Rs .11.4k i can't spend that much atm so i think i MUST go for 4670 and i wants to game on XP(dx9) @ 1440 x 900 resolution only.

Setup

Processor: Intel i7 920 @ 3.8GHz (190MHz x 20)
Cooling: Noctua NH-U12P
Motherboard: GIGABYTE EX58-UD5
Memory: 3 X 2GB OCZ Technology PC-12800 DDR-3 8-8-8-24
Hard Disk: Western Digital 300GB Velicorapter
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP2, Windows Vista SP1 64-Bit

msihd483_g_27.gif

Max is 204W ! :p

forum67 said:
lol..try it ,OC it , play crysis on HIGHEST setting , if PC restart
change the PSU

Exactly! Try all the games you play and if they run fine then you wouldn't need the more expensive stuff!

Gunman said:
I dont mind copying my post as such :lol: but pl refrain from posting stuff irrelevant to OP's requirement.

OT

i didnt copy ,i took inspiration from them as they uniquely feature ultimate,most NOTrediculous suggetions!!!:bleh:

hey guys .... i have that PSU and my config is :

E7200
Gigabyte G 31
2 x 1 GB DDR2
640 GB WD
Dvd Rw
and it runs my pc fine .. i even played Crysis warhead, undercover, DMC4, COD4 etc (only cysis/NFSUC for longer periods like 2-4 hours). I even Oced my card and ran the Lightmarks benchmark. It never broke a sweat. My GPU is Palit 9800 GT, so i think this PSU can handle 4830 as well. using it since september and never faced any prob yet. ( and normally my system runs for about 14-15 hrs a day.)

So going by my experience u should go for this PSU if u r not into heavy OCing. It has (16A+13A) 29 A combined on both the 12V Rail.s

And i bought that PSU for 1050 Rs, wat price did they ask u for it?

harryneopotter said:

E7200
Gigabyte G 31
2 x 1 GB DDR2
640 GB WD
Dvd Rw
and it runs my pc fine .. i even played Crysis warhead, undercover, DMC4, COD4 etc (only cysis/NFSUC for longer periods like 2-4 hours). I even Oced my card and ran the Lightmarks benchmark. It never broke a sweat. My GPU is Palit 9800 GT, so i think this PSU can handle 4830 as well. using it since september and never faced any prob yet. ( and normally my system runs for about 14-15 hrs a day.)

So going by my experience u should go for this PSU if u r not into heavy OCing. It has (16A+13A) 29 A combined on both the 12V Rail.s

And i bought that PSU for 1050 Rs, wat price did they ask u for it?
Repped :hap2:

This is what i was waiting for :clap: actually i already own this PSU and now i ll definitely go for 4830 and i can save my Rs 4k(vx450)

I bought this last year from SMC for Rs 1150 :p

Thank you bro...thank you...thank you

harryneopotter said:

E7200
Gigabyte G 31
2 x 1 GB DDR2
640 GB WD
Dvd Rw

And i bought that PSU for 1050 Rs

I rest the case. :|

H_D said:
Repped :hap2:

This is what i was waiting for :clap: actually i already own this PSU and now i ll definitely go for 4830 and i can save my Rs 4k(vx450)

I bought this last year from SMC for Rs 1150 :p

Thank you bro...thank you...thank you

Dont get overexcited..:bleh:

Usually these low end PSU's are not efficient as the good ones..If it has a O/P rating of 29A that doesn't mean it actually provide 29A...Usually these PSUs provide much lesser O/P. So in long run ur components will suffer. Go for good PSU...Don't compromise :cool2:

sumchamp said:
Dont get overexcited..:bleh:

Usually these low end PSU's are not efficient as the good ones..If it has a O/P rating of 29A that doesn't mean it actually provide 29A...Usually these PSUs provide much lesser O/P. So in long run ur components will suffer. Go for good PSU...Don't compromise :cool2:
I don't have money for it ATM but yes after 5-6 months i 'll definitely go for VX450 :eek:hyeah:

man u may be fine with that psu!! ....ur system may work fine unless u overclock heavy.....just dont give massive volts to cpu , gpu and ram ,.....overclock them on stock volt only...just dont overclock if u want to play it more safe..!!otherwise ur good to go!!

Never compromise on PSU .. i have a bad experience of using a weak PSU for a powerful card ... fortunately for me, the PSU died and not the card.

After that, i gt vx450W and i m more than happy i got it.

Back