Laptops is this really so?

lounge

Disciple
Some comparison chart, have a look

Inspiron 640m.. vs 6400.. is it cos of the decent size where 6400 is winning over 640m (as the chart says on that page)? or is it me being a novice to lappies that i am believing all that?:huh:

hey, all those who suggested me "which lappy to buy" earlier? i have not bought yet :clap: .. i am lured by the fact that buying a 19" LCD wide shall take care of my eyes, as i work all the time on PC (AMD 5000+/2GB/). this LCD costs 14.8k(samsumg). But now with my age advancing further from 22 to 23 years, my neck pains like hell. it can be the ergonomics of my computer table(Computer ergonomics: a topic we have missed somewhere i guess.) some ergonomics tips plz?

budget is not an issue for the lappy, bigger loan shall only increase the monthly EMI by few hundered bucks :S . so i can go shoping the best out there :eek:hyeah: .

but.............. (don't know y am writing all this) do i really need to get a lappy? probably you have not answered if one should get a lappy or not :eek:hyeah: ..

reasons y should i get lappy -

1. neck and eyes

2. am a web developer (lounge3world.com)

3. work for Hindustimes the news paper as copy editor so can do the releases which may cost the keyboard of lappy and mouse.(mostly work from home) (lol am not that rich a it may sound)

4. i think i will work more if i get a lappy which is flexible and can overcome electricity problems as well..

reasons y i shouldn't buy a lappy at this moment of time -

1. hey dude u have AMD 5000+ with all other decent specs, get a LCD at max and get going.

2. earn first and then spend, don't go into loan shit.

3. lappy? :S will that be really usefull as i am imagining. will it drastically increase my performance and working hours bla bla bla...

4. you won't use this AMD rig which u have just bought a couple of months ago for 47k after you get a lappy. i bought it for music composing basically. am a hardcore composer weloveurahman.com (site needs updation).

do i sound confused? nah!!! plz vote, if you would in - get it bro or wait for some time.

thanks

thanks buddy.. i will be able to decide i guess.. have to take the decisions.. its easy, do the risky thing first.. lol..

AMD4Life.. i appreciate your opinion.. shall wait.. also i guess by chrismas.. prices should fall down.. wat say? espacially for DELL..

Incidentally, I went through physiotherapy late last year for a neck/upper back problem that was diagnosed as being due to bad posture. After discussions with the surgeon he seemed to identify use of laptop as a primary trigger. I used a laptop intensively for about 2-3 months prior to the problem.

According to the surgeon, a laptop promotes bad posture more than a desktop. You end up hunching or with your neck bent since the screen is at a lower height than a regular desktop screen. Also, we tend to use smaller fonts on a laptop causing your eyes to tire out and you end up leaning forward even more to peer at the screen.

Since I then use a laptop support that I bought from Venus Traders (at their FC Road outlet). This allows me to keep the laptop at an angle of about 50 degrees from horizontal and causes the screen to come up a little. Of course, then the keyboard and touchpad become painful to use so I get an external keyboard and mouse :)

To make a long story short, I am trying to say that "neck and eyes" should be a reason NOT to buy a laptop!

V

hmmmm this is good peice of warning, yet a suggestion. thanks buddy.. now, i am neither gonna get rid of my neck pain through both the desktop and laptop..

we need right ergonomics of posture and hardware placing.. i put some books under the desktop monitor lately to increase its height to my head level, n hey pain reduced.. also, the hand rest of the chair should be at same level to the level of keyboard.. so the arm and wrist are at same level... this works too..

if this all doesn't reduce the pain then hey u got Arthritis.. doctor no laptop.. next gen health issues shall include much of computer related problems..

like, heart attack due to data loss, dangue due to ultra mobile laptops for those uncharted areas.. jk, well lest this post gets dumped by the mod, i guess tips should be posted in for better usage ideas (for posture and hardware placement) for both desktops and laptops.. :)

Back