is UG2 graphics so bad ??

ouch...now im worried. Hope if i fic a vantec aeroflow instead of the stock cooler it will take care of the problem

This damm problem has been affecting a particular batch of XFX 6600GT AGP cards only!!!
And I(rather my bro) is the unfortunate person to get 1 from the US!!
A friend of mine got the exact same card from Lamington Rd a couple of weeks back and he doesnt have the problem!

Did anyone notice that nfs5 (1999) maxed out with aa/af looks better than ug2 (2004); which is one the worst looking games for the pc treated with heavy blurring to hide this fact.

The Graphics are ZReally bad and they Actually get stuck in the middle of the Game//// Its Awful....... I got it fixed a little bit by defragmenting the drive.....but i dont think that is the root of the problem.

ROFL @ Saumil

BTW, during some installs, i noticed that the sky and the road were blocky, i.e., u see very clearly square blocks...did something, i dont recall, it became alright....till then i was doubting the quality if UG2 too.....

SunMysore posted 7.47 minutes later:

ROFL @ Saumil

BTW, during some installs, i noticed that the sky and the road were blocky, i.e., u see very clearly square blocks...did something, i dont recall, it became alright....till then i was doubting the quality if UG2 too.....

yeah, the road textures are definitely screwed. and without any af, the road dithers way too early.

Road textures are awefull, but then again if you have high polygon roads + blur + light trails. Its gonna bring any system down. Basically the game becomes boring after a while, unlike NFS 3, or NFS 5.

I still feel that NFS5 was the best game in the series, the damage effect, and awesome storyline (test driver mode) kicks Ass...

lol...but i raced only in Cote D Azur with a custom Porsche 996 toppingout at 2.13.xx something....;)

2.11.xx in a GT1 ;) beat that :p

Aces170 said:
Road textures are awefull, but then again if you have high polygon roads + blur + light trails. Its gonna bring any system down. Basically the game becomes boring after a while, unlike NFS 3, or NFS 5.
MotoGP2...

The game uses huge amount of blur effects that actually look GOOD and give an uncomparable sense of speed without slowing down one bit.
Tracks with twice the polygon count of ug and 20 bikes on screen compared to just 5-6 in ug.
Tarmack textures that put hl2 to shame unlike ug's 64x64 trash.

In short the game is AGES ahead of ug and still gave 40fps at 1280x960 medium to high details + motion blur + full grid of 20 bike on a radeon 8500, 800mhz t-bird with 256mb sdr!

Another example is mercedes world racing, best arcade racer for the pc since nfs4/5 imo, cars models equalled only by the recently released gtr, virtually never ending HUGE tracks (you can keep driving in any direction for miles) with farcryesque scenery.
Arguably the most beautiful tracks for any racing game I have seen yet.
Again this game gives 40fps at 1152x864 maxed out on my 800mhz/8500/256mb system rotflol.

And now this piece of work, the ug1 demo crawled on that same setup (<30fps at low details, 800x600 and just 3 cars).
On my current system it still runs like an ass and looking no better while motogp2 maxed out stays at a constant 60fps at 1280x960, 4xaa, 16xaf.

EA seems to be bringing out the worst in their developers since the last few years.
The nfs series was practically transformed from the benchmark of excellent arcade racers to crap incarnate.

Back