Windows Is Windows 11 stable now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'mma stay on Win10 22H2 for a while. I don't like what they did with the taskbar in Win11. I still experiment with it on a secondary PC.

I use StartAllBack whose previous version I had purchased with Windows 8, the upgrade cost $2.
I don't like to use 3rd party programs to change the UX of the OS. Personal preference, I used the Win 8.x UI as-is painfully when I had to as it was substantially overall faster OS than Win7 in terms of responsiveness and other things. I might upgrade to Win11 when I see something unique about it which Win10 doesn't have and I need it.

I agree with the views put forth by @enthusiast29 . I might debloat and make some changes and remove elements myself, but as much as possible, I try not to ADD more stuff. Especially UI related. I did not like the right click menu, so went back to the W10 right-click menu on one of my W11 systems, but that was a simple registry hack.

Also, @enthusiast29 - the start menu and all can easily be reverted to W10 style with no additional programs needed. Just saying.

The one things that keeps drawing me back to W11 is the ability to install Android Apps. I use a modified WSA with google apps and all android apps run on windows without skipping a beat. This is a very convenient since there are social media apps that I use for work (I myself do not have any social media presence) and I do not have to install most of the crap on my phone!

Also, uploading, typing, editing images and all is so much more convenient on a proper PC than on a mobile/tablet.

@mzsa1994 - is there anything particular stopping you from upgrading?

The one things that keeps drawing me back to W11 is the ability to install Android Apps. I use a modified WSA with google apps and all android apps run on windows without skipping a beat. This is a very convenient since there are social media apps that I use for work (I myself do not have any social media presence) and I do not have to install most of the crap on my phone!

Also, uploading, typing, editing images and all is so much more convenient on a proper PC than on a mobile/tablet.
Didn't know about this...Is it like you can natively install android apps or with some virtual OS kind of thing like we can do in past OSs ?

Didn't know about this...Is it like you can natively install android apps or with some virtual OS kind of thing like we can do in past OSs ?
If you have WSA (Windows Subsystem for Android) installed (With Google Apps), you can install android apps from the Google Play store. If not, you can do it from the Amazon App store, and tehy work like windows apps. I run a modded WSA which allows full access to the play store.

What I want to ask the current users of Windows 11 is this - What am I missing by being on Windows 10?

I tried Windows 11 for a couple of days. What bugged me the most was that while it was taking away a lot of the familiar elements (especially the wholesale changes to the taskbar, start menu, and settings screen), I couldn't find anything which it was adding to my experience. And it wasn't just like looked at it and didn't like it, I actually went out and searched quite a bit as to what was new in Windows 11. And in terms of Ux enhancements, I couldn't find anything. The taskbar and start menu are just worse off, there's an obnoxious search box on the desktop which I can't remove, settings are just overall very difficult to find. On the other hand, no extra features on the taskbar in terms of Window management, nothing new in Windows explorer, nothing new on the desktop, etc. etc.

Overall, I felt like the only thing improved in Windows 11 was data collection for Microsoft, there was nothing in it for me. So I'll stay on 10 till the time MS lets me, till the last day when MS announces they are stopping support for 10.

Here are a few things I remember being better when I moved from 7 to 10:
  • One click start menu search
  • Significantly more useful task manager
  • Snipping tool for screenshots
  • In built screen recorder in Xbox game bar (introduced much later, yes)
  • Filter capabilities in windows explorer
  • Virtual desktops
  • Slightly more customizable taskbar
  • Notifications panel (and the entire API around it)
Unfortunately, I didn't find anything of this nature in Win11.

Just did a fresh Windows 11 installed, finally my OCD is at peace :hilarious:

@mzsa1994 - is there anything particular stopping you from upgrading?
I was just a bit afraid of initial launch bugs now its almost a year old and I hope it's much better.
Recent WSA (Windows Subsystem for Android) update gave me a reason to just go for it.

Only thing which I literally hate is the new right click menu but hey it's just a simple registry fix.

I think its time click upgrade button that have been bugging me for sometime now
Just go for it.

I see...Is this only possible with W11 and not W10? (Ofcourse without using those bluestacks kind of software)
No it's not possible on windows 10.

Strangely, 22H2 is not showing up on windows update for me.
It may not show if you're running Win11 on unsupported device.
Also if running on supported device then could be delayed as it's pushed in waves, i.e., not all will get the update at the same time but rather in a phased manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back