Windows Is Windows 11 stable now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed W11 and been using for 2 days...Feels very smooth and some features are better than W10.. Haven't tested gaming performance though. Only gripe is, definitely, there are more diagnostics and tracking going on compared to W10. Hope they won't make online account compulsory.

They already did with Pro and below in 22H2. It can be bypassed with some trick though.
What I meant is, during installation, we need to sign in with MS account. Then we can switch to a local account and signout once installation is done and can use PC as usual. But of course they now know who I'm, my pc and my account :(

What I meant is, during installation, we need to sign in with MS account. Then we can switch to a local account and signout once installation is done and can use PC as usual. But of course they now know who I'm, my pc and my account :(
Just make a dummy MS account for this purpose

Don't they give the option of local account anymore if you don't connect to internet at all (during initial setup)?

I did it like this in June22 but not sure about the current status.

Don't they give the option of local account anymore if you don't connect to internet at all?

You can also bypass this if you use Rufus for making a bootable installation media

You can also bypass this if you use Rufus for making a bootable installation media
I used to use Rufus but recently I have used Windows Media Creation Tool. I installed normally but did not connect to the internet until I came to the desktop. It gave the option of local account because internet wasn't available.

I'm asking if the disconnect-internet-method still works because I have a new laptop inbound I don't want to use MS Account on it.

Don't they give the option of local account anymore if you don't connect to internet at all (during initial setup)?

You can bypass it from the command prompt without needing external tools. I did that on 2 devices. Just search for the shortcut and command.

Hi guys looks like I just stumbled on my first major hurdle while using Windows 11.

The problem is after I put my PC to sleep (which I do 75% of the time) and wakes it up from sleep to resume work the PC boots up normally as it was never put to sleep.

Hi guys looks like I just stumbled on my first major hurdle while using Windows 11.

The problem is after I put my PC to sleep (which I do 75% of the time) and wakes it up from sleep to resume work the PC boots up normally as it was never put to sleep.
Tf
What sort of a bug is that

Device-specific issue related to power management, probably because you don't have the updated drivers.

Just make a dummy MS account for this purpose
My ms account itself is a dummy account :p. Like what benefit does it have compared to Gmail's 15GB, (apart from ms office 365 subscription).

By using default method, no, we definitely have to connect to internet and sign in with ms account. But there are few tricks/workarounds to bypass that.

Anyhow, people who have windows key tied to ms account, will definitely have to sign in anyway, unless the key is tied to motherboard or smthg.

Did they introduce/implement this requirement in Windows 11 since the 22H2 update?
I downloaded the ISO last Saturday, not sure about the version I downloaded. After installation I updated windows and the current version it displays is 22H2.

Let's see how long they are okay with us using only local account after installation...

If anyone wants to change a few privacy-related settings in W11, there is an app called O&O ShutUp10++.

Strangely, 22H2 is not showing up on windows update for me.

That's likely due to MS doing staggered rollout, meaning not everyone will see the update all at the same time, some will get it later on.

If you want to upgrade now, you can download the 22H2 ISO official site , mount the ISO (open in file explorer itself, no need to write USB) then start the setup to upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back