Windows Is Windows 11 stable now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently sticking to 10. Ms might go for releasing new windows in 3 years so I think I'll go for 12 because 11 has been a huge disappointment.

You are the QA team, sir !
Why is everyone laughing? Microsoft has really crowdsourced the QA for windows.

It's hard to find old news on google but it really did happen. MS released the QA team of windows.

Of course and this shouldn't be news to all especially now. It's been so since Win10 original 2015 initial release.

They even have a thing called "branch readiness" which if I explain in a gist is that any release which made public is deemed "stable" is for CONSUMERS (non-business users) ONLY.
After 6 months or when the next version is released (whichever is earlier) the previous version is deemed stable for business and enterprise users.

So for example now Win11 v21H2 is deemed stable for business users since the latest is v22H2. Business IT admins can deploy it using WSUS if needed.

All of this applies to Office releases as well but even more deeply as they have much more fine grained update channels for it. Such as monthly, Semi-annually, Annually, Perpetual and more.
Of course being a consumer with retail version you have no control over those options.
I guess people complaining about bugs and making jokes on bad QA at Microsoft didn't read this.

You are the QA team, sir !
Exactly! General home users are the QA even if you don't opt into the Insider program you're testing the Monthly Cumulative updates. That said if you check for updates by clicking on "Check for updates" you are deemed as a "Seeker" as per the system and you get shoved with the 4th Tuesday patch of the month which is a "Preview" Cumulative Update regardless of the SKU of the windows you're running on. Yes, even Enterprise (including LTSB/LTSC), Education and IoT Enterprise versions are not excluded from this behavior unless configured via WSUS and domain joined.

So no matter what "channel" you're on you're a tester, always.

Awaiting Win 12! So that I can upgrade to a stable 11...:smilingimp:
Win 11 will be like win 8. So you would want to skip win 11 altogether.

This 'one version bad then one version good' is very common for many successful and publicly listed business. For one version they think more about revenue and shareholders. Customers hate that version so for next version, they have to think about customers first. This flip flop happens everywhere. AMD ryzen 5000 was flip and ryzen 7000 will be relatively flop. Nvidia 1000 (flip) 2000(flop) 3000(flip) 4000(flop).

Microsoft didn't care the needs of the customers for windows 11 just like windows 8, vista. But the same microsoft actively listened to customers when it was developing win 7, 10. Therefore 12 is going to be hit.

So it's been 2 weeks and W11 is almost stable...There are a few issues more than a couple of times, but one thing that irritates me is all of a sudden when PC is restarted it shows "just a moment" for a few minutes and after that only it allows me to use the PC.. It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes.

Anyway, W11's Windows Security feels feature rich and has many antivirus-related features. Is this enough or do we definitely need additional antivirus/internet security software?

So it's been 2 weeks and W11 is almost stable...There are a few issues more than a couple of times, but one thing that irritates me is all of a sudden when PC is restarted it shows "just a moment" for a few minutes and after that only it allows me to use the PC.. It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes.

Anyway, W11's Windows Security feels feature rich and has many antivirus-related features. Is this enough or do we definitely need additional antivirus/internet security software?
Yup stable for me as well.
Don't see any reason why one should not upgrade to Win11.

Plus WSA work pretty well.

My brother uses Windows 11 (22H2) on Ryzen R3 1200 which is not officially supported by WIN11, he receives proper windows update and WSA is also stable.
I would like to ask if he got 22H2 update over windows update OR clean installed/manually upgraded to 22H2?
My understanding is the latter for sure.

I would like to ask if he got 22H2 update over windows update OR clean installed/manually upgraded to 22H2?
My understanding is the latter for sure.

My brother was on 22H1, since windows update to 22H2 rolls out in batches I decided to upgrade his PC via official 22H2 iso.
I mounted the iso in his PC and ran setup.exe but moments later setup notified that I have unsupported PC and closed.
So I used rufus to make a bootable usb with same ISO and checked "Remove requirement for 4gb+ RAM Secure Boot and TPM 2.0"
Then ran the setup.exe from the USB drive and PC was upgraded to 22H2 without any errors.
1666895589824.png

My brother was on 22H1, since windows update to 22H2 rolls out in batches I decided to upgrade his PC via official 22H2 iso.
I mounted the iso in his PC and ran setup.exe but moments later setup notified that I have unsupported PC and closed.
Yes, I'm aware that in-place upgrade is also blocked by the compatibility checks and those have to be bypassed.
I'm pretty sure WU won't show 22H2 or future feature upgrades on unsupported PCs. Manual bypass is the way until Microsoft blocks that as well.

Thanks for confirming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back