Windows Is Windows 11 stable now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure WU won't show 22H2 or future feature upgrades on unsupported PCs. Manual bypass is the way until Microsoft blocks that as well.
I am not sure if Microsoft will drop support for old hardware because the only requirement old hardware lacks is TPM 2.0 and TPM2.0 modules can be added on motherboards with dedicated header.

Meh!!! I have both Tpm, Ram and Secure boot, with the only requirement not being met is having an intel 7th gen processor. Since it's my primary system, so kind off reluctant to take the plunge towards 22H2.
@mzsa1994 any issue being faced by your brother with 22h2 on an unsupported Machine?

Meh!!! I have both Tpm, Ram and Secure boot, with the only requirement not being met is having an intel 7th gen processor. Since it's my primary system, so kind off reluctant to take the plunge towards 22H2.
@mzsa1994 any issue being faced by your brother with 22h2 on an unsupported Machine?
My brother told me that his PC is working just fine no lags or stuttering or any blue screen but please keep in mind that he is not as tech savvy as I am.

Is there a reason you want to switch to win11? (I won't call it an upgrade just yet as there's nothing convincing enough).

I am already on W11. I had no specific reason but I needed to be aware of what W11 is, its features are, which menu is hidden where and some nitty-gritties because there are non-tech users on W11 in our office and we are often left dumb-founded when they bombard us with W11 queries.

I am already on W11. I had no specific reason but I needed to be aware of what W11 is, its features are, which menu is hidden where and some nitty-gritties because there are non-tech users on W11 in our office and we are often left dumb-founded when they bombard us with W11 queries.
There's no telling that by mid-2025 there won't be any newer version of windows or a major feature update to win11 that doesn't change UX fundamentals.
Think about win11 now only if you got Intel 12th gen or above machines although the performance difference will be negligible if used with win10. Zen 4 works fine with win10.

Unless you need Android Subsystem for Linux win11 offers nothing more than win10. I would say that the UX changes would be less productive than working with win10.

Is there a reason you want to switch to win11? (I won't call it an upgrade just yet as there's nothing convincing enough).
Exactly the question I've been asking. I don't see any reason to switch to Win11. The compulsory Bing search in the middle of the desktop pisses me off and I don't feel like I'm gaining anything.

I'm gonna stick to 10 till my work PC is on 10, so that I have a consistent experience across the board. My guess is, given the number of issues which crop up during such a migration, my office laptop is going to be on 10 for a while.

We still use W8 on some of the older machines and boy, does it run buttery smooth while using only 1gb ram. Windows is just getting bloted version by version. Minimum 4gb ram is taken up by OS in W11.

We still use W8 on some of the older machines and boy, does it run buttery smooth while using only 1gb ram.
Kinda exaggerated I think... Of course if you only and only run windows with maybe a PDF reader and no web browsing (perhaps just 1-2 tabs of some internal work website) and old MS office 2007-2013 maybe yeah but there's no way with extensive web browsing or modern office apps with heavy excel sheet etc.

Of if you just use the machine to access a remote VDI.

I keep like 20-30 tabs of chrome open on win10 and my RAM usage is around 10-14GB always. Have a total of 32GB installed.

Offcourse, 1gb with light usage!! With load, the ram usage is bound to increase.
I just wanted to point out that how Windows has become bulkier with newer version. Just like how much memory you would get when you first boot your mobile KitKat to A12.

I just wanted to point out that how Windows has become bulkier with newer version. Just like how much memory you would get when you first boot your mobile KitKat to A12.
Android, I agree. Average RAM usage has increased for default services/apps installed on a clean phone.

But with windows I still see around 1-1.5GB RAM usage on 64 bit systems on a clean install. Same on 32 bit used to be just under 1GB. Thing is the more RAM you give to windows machine the more it likes to make use of it in standby memory. When you close a program/application it doesn't just clear up the RAM immediately but moves into standby memory so that when the next time you run it, it loads up quickly and doesn't read much from the disk. That's how windows memory management is working. So if you have 8+GB RAM windows will surely make use of it.

Last edited:
Would like to say that using W11 on a Surface Go 3 with a Pentium 6500Y and 8GB ram
Works pretty well
tab.jpg

This new feature of tabs in windows explorer is also a good one.

I don't know if anyone has observed, but it seems W11 seems to be consuming more battery than W10. It might be because mine is one an unsupported hardware but I did get decent backup on W10.

Just sharing my observation.

Also this hasn't been resolved yet since a few months.

I'll stick with Win10 for another major update. Seeing at the market share the OS isn't reaching the masses anytime soon and offers absolutely no advantage over the predecessor except for an imaginary flex.
Looking at steam data only gamers seem to be curious about upgrading just because well they're gamers so don't think much about stability.

Also this hasn't been resolved yet since a few months.

I'll stick with Win10 for another major update. Seeing at the market share the OS isn't reaching the masses anytime soon and offers absolutely no advantage over the predecessor except for an imaginary flex.
Looking at steam data only gamers seem to be curious about upgrading just because well they're gamers so don't think much about stability.
lol and streamers are pushing windows 11 like crazy :p

Thinkpad T580 with Core i7-8650U under W11 was getting bsod repeatedly until it does not power on, happened last week.
Went to service center, after lot of troubleshooting found one RAM slot is shorted /not working. DDR4 card is file though. Can only add work with one memory card now.
Service center guy was saying lot of similar repairs in last 3 months, probably anecdotal, coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back