Is Windows 7 Beta usable as of now ??

has any one of you switched to Win 7 Beta ?? Or Not ??
Or is it still not the right time even for people on the Cutting-Edge to switch to Win 7 ??

kewl, I also dual boot, but Its Vista And Arch !!

given up on XP since years !! Its slower then Vista on New Machines :s !! At least on my machine !

So why don't you use Win 7 for most of the Tasks then ?? Like Browsing, Programming etc

Am on windows 7 for the past 4 days.. dual booting with Vista. But I haven't looked back to Vista since I installed this. Installation was a breeze, and was surprised to see that except for a couple of hardwares, rest were all detected and proper drivers installed at the first go. Even these missing drivers were later automatically installed after I did my first update. So far so good.
So based on my limited experience, I'd absolutely recommend the se7en.. Its solid.. :hap2:

Me too on dual boot ..... But since the day I installed Win 7 never felt like going back to vista......
Its similar to Vista in looks ..... but the small improvements in UI is definitely worth the switch to Win 7......

hmm.

I don't like Dual Booting 2 Windows OS !! Vista and Seven.

Will check out Windows 7 some where and make a complete switch if satisfied, We don't want to look back to Vista after the switch !! !!

a_k_s_h_a_y said:
hmm.

I don't like Dual Booting 2 Windows OS !! Vista and Seven.

Will check out Windows 7 some where and make a complete switch if satisfied, We don't want to look back to Vista after the switch !! !!

Doesn't make sense in completely switching right now, given that the OS is still in BETA.. :)

a_k_s_h_a_y said:
has any one of you switched to Win 7 Beta ?? Or Not ??
Or is it still not the right time even for people on the Cutting-Edge to switch to Win 7 ??

Have been using Win 7 as the only OS for a month now. Works perfectly. (Including games like Mirror's Edge and CoD:WaW.)

There are others using it as their only OS as well. Look in the Windows 7 thread.

Have to keep XP for Bro and Dad. Tried shifting a lot of times, they forced me to roll back. :p

Was using Ubuntu, XP and Win 7 sometime back, but removed Ubuntu now as I was a bit bored.

I'm using a triple boot (quad boot if you consider my custom puplet) with Win7 on my laptop and its way faster than that pile of dog turd from microsoft (read Vista).

Kumar said:
Completely switched to Win7. Tried switching back to vista but couldn't...

Win7 feels soo much more polished!

Win 7 Still beta right.

Can u specify the exact version number of the beta you are using.

What drivers are you guys using WinXP or Vista ones.

Also many people have seen improved OC's on the Win 7 me waiting for the full stable release might try the beta too.

The beta is version number 7000. Don't try the rest - they are possibly fake, malware infested, and might not get security patches.

Wait for the next release if you want a higher version number.

Can anybody send me copies of Win7 Betas, both x32 and x64, versions. i will pay for the DVD's as well as shipping.
plz PM me.....

Back