Issues with Idea cell connection

guys,

Now i dont want to post but,

Does idea or anyone verifies your documents,

all this documents are put in some cupboard or some godown and opened only when DoT od TRAI comes for inspection and all other times,its just their,

I have seen it happen in front of me and i can attest it as this does happen and its common to all telecom guys,

Have we been able to trace who is calling as terrorist and its shame on us that we call ourself as IT superpower.

So,

I can tell you guys,this idea of resubmitting is just stupid idea.

just ignore it and continue as it is.

if you want to.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

even when operators are caught with no documents on active subscribers.

they just bribe or make bogus documents and thats at rate 1000 rs per document set.

and its all happening.

pratikb said:
guys,
Now i dont want to post but,
Does idea or anyone verifies your documents,
all this documents are put in some cupboard or some godown and opened only when DoT od TRAI comes for inspection and all other times,its just their,
I have seen it happen in front of me and i can attest it as this does happen and its common to all telecom guys,
Have we been able to trace who is calling as terrorist and its shame on us that we call ourself as IT superpower.
So,
I can tell you guys,this idea of resubmitting is just stupid idea.
just ignore it and continue as it is.
if you want to.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

even when operators are caught with no documents on active subscribers.
they just bribe or make bogus documents and thats at rate 1000 rs per document set.
and its all happening.

Dude there is no way of finding out terrorist using this method but our so CALLED SMART GOVERNMENT has decided that this is one of the ways and we have to follow it irrespective of the fact that we like it or not...

They increased the age for drinking from 21 to 25 (not really sure acutally) saying that it will reduce the number of accidents caused by drunken driving... Is there any logic in that??? be it any age even 40 if a guy drives when sloshed he is prone to accidents...

and if the connection is cut how can he just continue using the connection and igonore the request to submit the docs????

Dude,

I have seen it happening.

How many connections do you think are legitimate.

If anyone goes and gets one connection from shopkeeper saying,

In some time I will get all documents, can I get new prepaid sim card.

It does go through and as you may know, retailers get their cut and refill with whatever amount they fill so.

Bad guy goes and makes his calls and throws of sim card.

End of story.

As you may know your new prepaid comes with atleast 5 rs talktime.

So that's enough.

Have you ever seen that. New prepaid card comes total blank with zero balance??

At least I have not seen one yet.

And if you know the correct way of prepaid activation is retailer gets documents, he submits them, company calls the person on alternate contact no. Verifies all details , checks all documents and then activates line.

But in reality all this things are not at all followed.

I myself seen guys standing in malls distributing free sim cards with 10 20 rs talktime already loaded.

All I wanted to say is, document verification is just bahana and it does not work with any company.

You may remember sporadic cases of prepaid cards activated on dead persons name and one old lady lad discovering police at his doors at name of anti national use of mobile and poor chap not knowing how this mobilr no. Is actiavated on his no.

RVK2488 said:
Thanks, do you work @ Idea?

btw, can anyone tell me where can I find TRAI rules regarding document verification? I want to know what is the minimum period that a telco should provide a customer for submitting documents before they stop the service. I am pretty sure it's not 3 days. But I am not able to find it via google

And I have a query regarding Airtel and Vodafone GPRS -

Is there any option to automate the payment of Rs. 98 every month or we have to do it manually like Idea? Also, can I check the validity and data usage? This is not available on Idea :mad:

No but I was using Idea from last 6-7 years and moved to Airtel. Faced few problems with Idea connection and thats why know some of the top management guys who work in Idea. They are a$$holes.

You can use three methods to recharge for 98rs Internet topup :

1. Through your own mobile balance :

2. Through virtual topup

3. By purchasing topup card of 98rs

The validity and usage details are not available in Idea and that was also the reason I moved to Airtel. You can view the validity for any topup in Airtel, like for Internet you can dial *123*10# to check the remaining KB of data and validity. Even the Vodafone doesn't provide such features, you have to send message to 144 to check the remaining usage which is pathetic.

Though every customer care in India sucks badly nowadays no matter you purchase Vodafone, Airtel or Idea.

i agree with lida. Idea is numero uno in pune, period. and idea is VERY clean - gives a wonderfully detailed bill to me for my postpaid and never robbed a single rupee off my family member's prepaid.

uninor - great connectivity. give it a try. never robbed money. 90 Rs 2G internet pack (6gb) - VERY fast at night.

docomo - clean, never robbed money. bad network and 2G internet is iffy.

vodafone, airtel, reliance gsm - robbed money as if baap ka maal hai - i filled 20, gone in 60 seconds! of the 3, reliance gsm network was best, at least.

Its clean and fair on postpaid as they have to give details of bill but in prepaid they simply say no sir,

We dont have any details.

Even I never had issues on postpaid.

The thing about vodafone is their network is good which works in their favour .
From what i have heard from friends their cc is the worst.
So if you do not activate VAS services frequently they should be good to go.
All CC suck by the way.
Experience from hutch(earlier days), loop, aircel, and reliance (only off late).

Go for BSNL or Airtel. I would suggest for BSNL mainly because :-

-Strong network coverage.
-Best voice clarity.
-Cheap call plans.
-No unwanted VAS.
-Better 2G/3G plans with gud speed.Even 2g speed is great.

U can also check plan type,main balance,data balance & SMS balance just by typing *123#.:hap2:

you see the new initiative of TRAI,
operator has to get written confirmation from user in case of any VAS activation within 24 hrs.
so lets hope this balance chori reduces.

neerajvohra said:
No but I was using Idea from last 6-7 years and moved to Airtel. Faced few problems with Idea connection and thats why know some of the top management guys who work in Idea. They are a$$holes.

You can use three methods to recharge for 98rs Internet topup :

1. Through your own mobile balance :

2. Through virtual topup

3. By purchasing topup card of 98rs

Hey, can you let me know how the 1st option works?

@sasa110

Yeah, I agree. Idea is #1 in Pune. Thats why I am having tough time deciding :(

@ggt

Hmm..I don't need any VAS. Only GPRS (till 3G becomes a little cheaper), and calls / sms. Thats it. How is Vodafone EDGE speed?

@Sumit05

Thanks for reply. Can you let me know about what you meant by better 2G plans and speed? I mean Idea's GPRS plan is 98 / 30 days with 70mb / day limit :facepalm: and I get pretty good speed..not measured recently but I guess ~18-20KB. So in comparison to this, do you think BSNL will be better? The thing is my mom had BSNL for about 2 years. But we were not particularly happy about network strength @home (compared to Idea). But no doubt if we consider overall coverage incl. remote villages etc, BSNL will be #1.

Hmm..so I think if I change my sim, I will either go for Airtel or BSNL :p

And I haven't had time to submit my documents so my number is still off :cry:

RVK2488 said:
@ggt

Hmm..I don't need any VAS. Only GPRS (till 3G becomes a little cheaper), and calls / sms. Thats it. How is Vodafone EDGE speed?

no personal experience

dad used hutch (was orange then) :p and at that time there was no gprs too i think :S

for me with edge nothing comes close to reliance .(same with 3g) but that is a different story now :(

of the friends vodafone only advantage i see i network strength is unparallelled.

i mean this was the only network which works fine in underground basement, in trains(local).

i found reliance wanting at only these two places. else there is a difference of 19 to 20 with vodafone and reliance.

RVK2488 said:
And I haven't had time to submit my documents so my number is still off :cry:

of ho, just get your documents, walk into an idea outlet and sort out the issue instead of rona-dhona here :p !

and if you are considering change, plz consider uninor - i consistently get great network strength (-65 dBm or less) everywhere i go. calls are clear, cheaper than 1p, and they have a 1p to US for Rs. 23. 2G internet 6GB is 90 - i use it for downloading songs off songs.pk and it works like a charm.You only need to spend 50 bucks to try it out!

RVK2488 said:
Hey, can you let me know how the 1st option works?

:cry:

*567# for Internet recharge

What I usually do is to recharge online of 333/444rs which gives me full talktime and thn recharge every topups like Internet/SMS/A2A mins through my balance whenever I need. Thats the only good feature of Airtel.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally my service was restored about an hour ago. But I am fed up with Idea's pathetic excuses and EXTREMELY arrogant employees so I am DEFINITELY porting to some other telco.

Currently considering BSNL as first option. We can recharge online through this site I guess.
And their GPRS plan is 3GB for Rs.98 / 30 days as per their site which is more than enough for me. And I am assuming that calling rates and SMS rates are competitive.
If there is anything in particular about BSNL (prepaid) that I should be aware of before jumping the ship, please let me know.

And thanks everyone for your responses!

before porting, buy or borrow a prepaid sim and check out the service. a new sim costs 50 bucks or so and go for the cheapest recharge.

because if you port out once, you're stuck for 3 months before you can port again, plus there are all those horror stories operators screwing porting applicants one last time.

Back