issues with new adsl modem

guys i just got the 8817 modem from tp link working with the asus n13u, had a old beetel one before which worked fine till i got random reboots, this one .... although after the change doesnt reboot, sometimes the connection just dies, and although i try to connect to the asus .. i cannot until i do a reboot of both modems, .. i dont know what seems to be the issue, or if i have not set it up correctly, i basically followed the airtel helpline instructions and got internet and i though it would be the end of it .. but during the day quite soemtime,, either i get a internet is unstable error on the phone/sisters win7 dell laptop... or simply i wont be able to login to my router .. just doesnt connect.. and i get the yellow exclamation error... if i troubleshoot things get proper. shows that it reset the ip or dns something like that. ..

i know most of this wont make any sense, is there any1 in mumbai that can comeover and check? i really need some pro help setting my internet up. hahaa free food / drinks on me :D

Try These:

(a) Remove/minimize 2.4/5mHz signal sources.
(b) Make sure transmitter and receiver have the latest firmware.
(c) Check channel, try to tweak channel to manual than auto mode.
(d) Check for any software in your system that controls network like firewall, tracking software etc.
(e) Try to change the security settings.
(d) Try a different hardware if you have a compatibility list from the manufacturer.

Try changing DSL Setting from ADSL to G.Dmt or G.Lite or Multi Mode you basically need to experiment as to which mode works well with your connection

right now after some searches online i am using it in Bridge Mode and the asus n13u handling the rest. .. havent had any quick disconnection or connection errors. maybe one in a day or two which is fine. i restart the entire thing and it works fine. my sisters phone (s4) shows that the connection is unstable (but only sometimes now) / but both the laptops connect just fine and are on without issues. firewall is enabled on the tplink.

edit - after posting this hahahaha to look into the settings, again the disconnections have started hahahaha.. .. i was using it fine since more then a month now :I

Last edited:
Back