IT job scene in the Middle East

dovakhiin

Adept
Hi guys,

I was considering maybe moving to the middle east.

Is anyone aware of how the job scene is over there? How's the work culture, work quality.etc ? Let's say i'm interested in working as a software developer in companies like Microsoft, Yahoo etc.

And I have a bachelor's degree from a premier institute in India. How will the salary packages compare to same jobs here?

Do we have any members here working in the middle east? Please share your thoughts and experiences.

Last edited:
I don't Microsoft and Yahoo has their Offices/Dev Centers in the Mid East.

Mid East is quite unheard of for Core IT Pros IMHO. Maybe if you have experience in ERP then you may have opportunities in the many companies based there.

There are some Dubai etc specific job portals you can look up. Ill see if I can find em

I think you're a fresher right ?

Am currently traveling in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. There are MS offices here, I think I found one near Dubai internet city. Don't know what sort of employment chances they have or whether there are any.
If you are into enterprise class s/w, network and system security, telecommunications, etc. there are few chances.
Salary and perks are good if you are lucky to get opportunity in a good firm.

I don't Microsoft and Yahoo has their Offices/Dev Centers in the Mid East.

Mid East is quite unheard of for Core IT Pros IMHO. Maybe if you have experience in ERP then you may have opportunities in the many companies based there.

There are some Dubai etc specific job portals you can look up. Ill see if I can find em

I think you're a fresher right ?

No.. I'm not a fresher. Have been working for around 1.5 years as a web developer. I'm in a good position in a let's say Yahoo level company. So i was more interested in a core tech job.

I'm happy with work and pay here, i'm just thinking about moving for personal reasons. And right now i'm just planning so I will probably have 3-4 years of experience by the time i decide to move. Checking out the job portals isn't giving me much. They look like really great cities, shouldn't there be a lot happening in the consumer web space?

Am currently traveling in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. There are MS offices here, I think I found one near Dubai internet city. Don't know what sort of employment chances they have or whether there are any.
If you are into enterprise class s/w, network and system security, telecommunications, etc. there are few chances.
Salary and perks are good if you are lucky to get opportunity in a good firm.

Yeah.. there are quite a few good firms in Dubai internet city. I'm just wondering what kind of roles they offer and if there is any software development going on there at all.

I dont know about others. Oracle one, is a pure customer support/training sort of place. Nothing much happens here.

Know this for a fact.

Same here. I'm also considering moving to Middle East if possible.

I'm into Software Development in .NET. Have 3+ years of experience. Any idea where should I look?

I took a look at Naukri International Portals, but can't seem to find much. Can anyone please throw some more light into the case?

Guys, I am in ERP - SAP SD module support for about 25 months... please throw light on this case. Thanks in advance.

Lol.. Looks like a lot of people are interested in moving there, places like that should have a booming consumer web space, but i'm finding it really hard to get any information on the web.

Everything here is tied to local partners, they extremely over bill every silly thing they do. Wipro, etc. did some predatory games and have a bad name.

Because of such typical environment, every thing is volatile here, no stability in long term point of view. People comes for quick money, turmoils the scene and get off quick from here.

India's image in IT support is not good here, even MSO365 is supported from Egypt. Locals prefer people speaking Arabic if they are given a choice.

Everything here is tied to local partners, they extremely over bill every silly thing they do. Wipro, etc. did some predatory games and have a bad name.

Because of such typical environment, every thing is volatile here, no stability in long term point of view. People comes for quick money, turmoils the scene and get off quick from here.

India's image in IT support is not good here, even MSO365 is supported from Egypt. Locals prefer people speaking Arabic if they are given a choice.

Hmm.. Well making money and fleeing doesn't sound good to me. I was hoping there were enough decent tech companies(local or MNC) for me to have a good career and settled down life. Do you know any local tech companies there which are famous?

I guess that would be good place to start searching.

Core software dev jobs are less in the middle east. Some of my friends who are there are DBA's or storage migration experts for which there is lot of demand.

Back