Itdepot cheats me

techboy

Adept
I ordered Antec SP500 tonight.
Prime:around 4983
shipping:150
tax:10%

The page showed a total of Rs.5631.

When I opened track my order, the innovice showed greater than 6000!

Why have they cheated me, has this happened before, during purchase they shopped a total of 5631 inclusive of taxes and shipping, why an additional 500 bucks then?

When will I know whether my transcation has been processed?

maybe it is because of the shipping.... 150/- seems less for shipping...

coz usually, the shipping charges are said to be 600 or so.....

but the site mentions shipping as Rs.150, how the hell can they make it 600.

also, the final page is of indmall and theitdepot, are they one?

maybe cause they will give u neohe500 instead of sp500 just like u got xtx instead of xt. lol

jokes aside, i think what nikhil said is correct. 150rs shipping seems less. since u are in delhi & they will send it from chennai. shipping should be around 500-600rs cause the antec psu's are not exactly lightweight.

but why the hell do they state 150 as shipping, while buying they showed a total of 5631 all inclusive, also how do they know that I know in Delhi without even processing an order.

Processing an order etc is manual but cost calculation is automatic, they only ask for address, right? they will know I live in Delhi only after going through the order?

Also, when am I likely to get the psu?

what is 10% tax for?

Also, why do they mislead a customer by stating a total of 5631 inc 10% tax and shipping?
When I look at my order history it shows a total of 5631 but onnovice mentions 6000+

any one shopped at theitdepot

If your story is true, then you should cancel your order, and get the charge reversed by your credit card company. they'll do this if you give them your transaction details.

As far as i can make out by reading one other post on this forum, this is not the first time IT Depot has made such an error, which of course is not binding on them.

At the same time its not binding on you either unless you only have to pay the original amount, which they showed you at the time of billing.

Personally i would never shop with a company, that tells you one charge and then puts something else on your card without informing you in advance about a discrepancy in the charged amount.

buy your PSU somewhere else.

What was the amount you actually paid ??? Find out from your CC company first. Then call itdepot. I'm attaching the number.

Indmall and itdepot are the same. The service reply emails I get are from INDCables.. which is, freakily, a gmail address.

Dunno what it is about itDepot, but I'm having some problems with them too. Trying to sort it out with them. Will post details later. Hopefully at that time, Im a bit happier.

Their customer service sucks though.

Here's the Customer service number. 044 42186699

Good luck. You'll have to sit on their heads to get things moving.

There's no way those dumb asses can charge u extra if they had shown the final amount to be 5631....Did u take the printout of the page?...Call up Customer Care (tell them u'll take them to the consumer court if they don't reverse the extra charge).....

i guess you shud check up with your credit card company and see what they have charged.After that dash an email to IT Depot demanding a detailed breakup of the charges.I dont think they would mind giving you the same.

But they are supposed to mention all the charges involved at the time of purchase...This way they might end up charging me Rs.1000 for a Rs.100 item...Citing the extra charge as the shipping cost....If there is a shipping cost involved they shoud mention it initially...not at the tracking order page...Don't let them go that easy...

Techboy i am sure its a case of extreme stupidity yet again by you... The Original price of the Sp 500 is 5900 something... Now the special price they are offering is 4900 something before tax... I think your invoice will show original price and then less the discount... So original price will be 5900 something which you would have noticed and not the final price... Care to post a screenshot of the complete invioce before accusing IT Depot ;)...

dude you can sue them as both the order number is same but they are charging more.you have the proof go sue them you might get SP500 for free then :p

Back