Its small its sexy its veer

Gannu said:
Wow nice names for phones! HTC ChaCha, HP Veer, what next? LG Rani, Samsung Amma, Blackberry Singham. :lol:

Congrats!

Nokia already has a OS named after Anna Hazare :p

Congrats anyways :) Its a cute lil phone.

Lozil said:
Could you please post the procedure to get 3G working...?? I am tired of Searching around.... :(

Is your phone not connecting to 3G or the 3G data is not working? For 3g data (or even 2G data) to work i think you have to edit carrierdb.json file. This link may help

HOWTO: Edit your carrierdb.json file - PreCentral Forums

If that also doesn't works the OP may help. BTW you are on which network. I'll be trying my MTNL sim in veer today, to check the 3G connectivity and update.

@Op, do you necessarily need free tether for tethering? The Veer's inbuilt tether won't work? I'll check this also today.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

BTW if you are on either vodafone or Airtel you need not change the carrierdb.json file. the apn settings of most (not all) circles for Vodafone and Airtel is already there in Veer's orig carrierdb file.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Update.. I MTNL 3g now works with the new file obtained from above link.. Yet to test hotspot feature once i get some time, even if it doesn't I think some third party app like free tether will make it possible.

my veer is on its way from my SnS address, and hopefully will be with me by next week..pretty much excited to put my hands on webOS for the first time ;)

Back