I've got the pomaceous fruit of the tree. I enter the Malus domestica world.

Nikhil

Skilled
Without further ado, pics.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Damages? 3,000 Singapore dollars.

Official Vote of thanks:

To Sunnyboi who bought it in Singapore and handed it over to my mom and sis when they had gone for a holiday last week. I owe you 1 sunny! Literally! As of now, it's his gift to me!

Initial experiences:

Love it!! To bits! Cant imagine how I used to manage with a normal lappy! and the keyboard as the other guy mentioned in his 13" MBP review is simply FANTASTIC!! I havent had so much fun typing before on a laptop!

The screen is MEGA! I got the 15" and it simply rocks. I'm glad I went in for the 15".

The speakers are surprisingly good! I hope to be using my Grado SRT325is with this more often than not, but the inbuilt speakers are really good for a laptop!

MAC OS is a little tricky. But I keep learning something new everyday. The iPhoto application is beautiful to use. Regulars on FB might have noticed a sudden spurt of pics uploaded from my account. It's because iPhoto can upload everything to your FB or flickr account with the touch of a button.

The touchpad is simply AMAZING! The two fingered scroll makes life so much easier and the huge trackpad really makes it easy to use.

I know, I'm now sounding like an Apple employee in this video.

YouTube - Amazing, incredible: Apple Keynote in 110 seconds.

But I really am in love!! It's a complete laptop. This is my first NEW laptop. The previous laptop I was using for the past 2 years was an Acer Ferrari which was used by my dad for 3 years before it became mine.

The battery life also seems to be surprisingly good given that I never go below 80% brightness.

Bootli beech and masky beech will know how much I like bright shiny things(like the dashboard of the Civic) and I hate to decrease the brightness!

To sum up:

I'm lovin' it!

Congrats :D How much does the same cost in India ? Also I guess Apple provides world wide warranty for MBs and MBPs ?

Congrats :D Awesome purchase
MAC OS is a little tricky. But I keep learning something new everyday. The iPhoto application is beautiful to use. Regulars on FB might have noticed a sudden spurt of pics uploaded from my account. It's because iPhoto can upload everything to your FB or flickr account with the touch of a button.

Doesn't iphoto has a resize button :p

nukeu666 said:
its not international warranty

Applecare protection plan is applicable worldwide. The only thing from Apple which does not have an international warranty is the iPhone. Someone correct me if I was wrong.

^Did you try entering the serial number and verifying it? I'm sure Macbooks are covered under International warranty. :)

This costs 1,29,900 in India! So I saved 30,000/- buying it from Singapore.

And I plan on purchasing the Apple Protection programe. Let's hope it works.

Dark Star --- iPhoto doesnt have a resize button! Surprising. Or maybe I havent found it yet.

Nikhil said:
And I plan on purchasing the Apple Protection programe. Let's hope it works.

Get it off via eBay US. Here's a link. Get it shipped to your friend in the US, enter the code and Apple will take care of the rest. :)

Back