JBL LSR 3 Series 2.1 Active Speakers

JBL LSR305 - I purchased on my way back from UK and LSR310s i purchased locally. The sub is massive both in terms of size and weight, compared to the monitors weighing 15 kgs.
The source is my PC with ASUS Xonar STX.
Xonar is connected to the sub by RCA cables (I have XLR to RCA connectors at the sub)
Sub and speakers are connected by XLR male to female cables.
I am very happy with the sound
I need to adjust the placement of the speakers - ideally the sub should be placed between the L and R speakers.

Attachments

• ROOM.jpg
    ROOM.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 508
  • LSR305.jpg
    LSR305.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 512
  • LSR310S.jpg
    LSR310S.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 501
I think the sub was around 33,000 purchased from Lamington road. The speakers were around 19,000/pair from UK.

Thanks ;)
Welcome. Please share pics of connections. I was thinking of getting the Mackie MR624 and I have Xonar DX. No clue about connections.

Howz the sound of these? :)

Last edited:
I have been abroad since an year so can't share any more pics, unfortunately. IIRC, i used XLR to phono adapters to connect the sub to the Xonar STX. The sub to speakers were XLR cables.
I could use them only about 4 months. I am no expert on sound. But my computer room in India was untreated and had hard walls, so it wasn't an ideal setup. The sound wasn't great, nor was the low frequency (at-least not the sound I was expecting). Music sounds really good in my hall which is a lot more spacious and rectangular in shape.. But then I couldn't test them much.

Here in he UK, I am using Marantz PM5005 with Dali zensor 3. I initially placed them in a hall which had wood flooring, and the sound was really bad because of the echo. I moved them to smaller room which had carpets on the floor and it was much better.

So sound is a very difficult question to answer, lol

I have been abroad since an year so can't share any more pics, unfortunately. IIRC, i used XLR to phono adapters to connect the sub to the Xonar STX. The sub to speakers were XLR cables.
I could use them only about 4 months. I am no expert on sound. But my computer room in India was untreated and had hard walls, so it wasn't an ideal setup. The sound wasn't great, nor was the low frequency (at-least not the sound I was expecting). Music sounds really good in my hall which is a lot more spacious and rectangular in shape.. But then I couldn't test them much.

Here in he UK, I am using Marantz PM5005 with Dali zensor 3. I initially placed them in a hall which had wood flooring, and the sound was really bad because of the echo. I moved them to smaller room which had carpets on the floor and it was much better.

So sound is a very difficult question to answer, lol
Thanks for answering. I will keep my Swans M50 and be happy :)

Back