[JD] Call of Duty 7 Confirmed for Holiday 2010

​With Modern Warfare 2 still looking like the hot and sexy thing that it is, you probably haven't yet begun to think about the next one. But like all young beauties, time will take it's toll, and you'll gradually lose interest. Then one day as you sit at a coffee shop -- newspaper in hand with a latte perched atop it's ceramic counterpart -- the fresh new Call of Duty 7 will strut by, prying your eyes from the funnies and stirring emotions you believed to be long dead...

Then again maybe you won't give a shit about the yet-to-be-named CoD 7, as many people were still playing Modern Warfare when World at War came out. However, that's neither here nor there as it's 2010 holiday release has been confirmed yesterday by Activision CEO Bobby Kotick. He said that they will continue to release an annual installment of the Call of Duty franchise, but did not announce the developer. Due to what Infinity Ward had said about wanting to work on a new title, in combination with Treyarch's David Kim's LinkedIn profile, we can safely assume that Treyarch is the developer holding the reins here.

Joystick Division - Call of Duty 7 Confirmed for Holiday 2010

like how? NFS was even more successful in its day mate, EA did the same thing rushing out games on an yearly basis and look where its today?

COD is a wonderful series with a really powerful engine driving it, but there is almost no technological evolution between MW1, WaW, MW2 all they did was tweak here and there, but thats not enough they should invest more time in increasing the quality of the game, that also means increasing the amount of time u play a game when u pay more than 1k for it.

Oh come, MW2 was a superb game in every respect (except the playing time). Way better than WaW certainly. Surely when you say "quality" you dont mean just the graphics do you.

However, I am inclined to agree with what you say. Too little time to develop a game doesnt bode well for it, and I for one firmly believe this "once a year" formula doesnt work.

@Vulcan, no mate im not taking about graphics alone, take cut-scenes for example the MW had really nice cut scenes but the MW2 had wat all After Effect stuff thats not what you expect from a AAA title do you?

The snow level was one of the best missions i played in a long time but it ends even before u begin to enjoy it. and the worst thing is in the name of plot twist they had some ridiculous ideas by killing of almost everyone u play.

Take your time, come up with a compelling story and then execute it very well, thats what we need. not a yearly release of a game with mediocre story and excellent graphics and ridiculous indecent plot twists.

Vulc4n said:
However, I am inclined to agree with what you say. Too little time to develop a game doesnt bode well for it, and I for one firmly believe this "once a year" formula doesnt work.

even though they release cod games once a year, it's not developed in that time frame. till now they've had infinity ward and treyarch alternating the releases, which means each studio gets about 2 years to finish their game. the next cod is expected to be from treyarch who will have had 2 years since the release of cod : waw when it finally comes out.

the only way that yearly releases might cause a problem is if they cause gamer fatigue where people get tired of playing a new cod every year. so far, there is no indication of that happening looking at how the recent games have sold.

Back