Jio Airfiber

Let me know if I understood this clearly. So there will be a box/outdoor unit placed on terrace and from terrace to inside of the house there will be a wire running, which will be connected to the router. How's this better or convenient compared to usual fiber internet connection? Just like dth setup?

Last edited:
Let me know if I understood this clearly. So there will be a box/outdoor unit placed on terrace and from terrace to inside of the house there will be a wire running, which will be connected to the router. How's this better or convenient compared to usual fiber internet connection?
Here is what I understood but Correct me guys if i am wrong too.

There will be a box/outdoor unit placed in an area or locality (with direct connection to near by tower) and the router(box) inside your home will be directly connected via ( SIM) to that outdoor unit. No wire running inside to your house from outside.

Only near the locality.

Edit: just saw the videos above. I am partially correct.

Let me know if I understood this clearly. So there will be a box/outdoor unit placed on terrace and from terrace to inside of the house there will be a wire running, which will be connected to the router. How's this better or convenient compared to usual fiber internet connection? Just like dth setup?
Getting fiber cable is not possible everywhere in most cities. Some places are either too congested or too far away and very few customers are ready to pay for it. I live in a central part of my city and Jio Fiber (cable) has still not reached us whereas my friends who live on the outskirts can get it.

All cables should go away. If we can have DTH tv, then why not DTH internet?

Getting fiber cable is not possible everywhere in most cities. Some places are either too congested or too far away and very few customers are ready to pay for it. I live in a central part of my city and Jio Fiber (cable) has still not reached us whereas my friends who live on the outskirts can get it.

All cables should go away. If we can have DTH tv, then why not DTH internet?
I wish it would have been like dth setup, even without the wire, but that's too much to ask for based on current technology, I guess.

For people who already have fiber internet connection setup at home, this won't be any better right?

All cables should go away.
I felt the same way when doing cable management for my pc setup.

I wish it would have been like dth setup, even without the wire, but that's too much to ask for based on current technology, I guess.

For people who already have fiber internet connection setup at home, this won't be any better right?
Yeah, if you already have a fiber, then this is not for you. Though there is a portable version that can be carried with you. That might be useful to some who rent and have to move places often.

My use case scenario is to get 100 mbps plan and put it as backup to my main ftth wired connection if it fails. Another valid option which even the Jio website FAQ mentions.

There is no full hd dth and will probably never be 4k dth channels.
JIO AirFiber Max is claiming to have speeds up to 1 GBPS. If they can give that speed and offer "Digital" Channels, then what's the difference in end usage? I understand all the channels are not available at present, but Mota Bhai will make it possible sooner or later.

1695125946745.png

My use case scenario is to get 100 mbps plan and put it as backup to my main ftth wired connection if it fails. Another valid option which even the Jio website FAQ mentions.
I was planning for a similar setup, but another wired installation means, probably won't take it for now.

JIO AirFiber Max is claiming to have speeds up to 1 GBPS. If they can give that speed and offer "Digital" Channels, then what's the difference in end usage? I understand all the channels are not available at present, but Mota Bhai will make it possible sooner or later.
I was talking about dth in particular, like tataplay, airtel dth etc. Meanwhile ott version of the same channels play a lot better in video quality than traditional dth setups.

Last edited:
I have similar scenario - since I moved to the new building (other buildings in the same society are under construction), I see lot of Fiber cuts due to construction work and this can serve as a backup resource - I guess I will wait till 1st October or till someone share the experience with installation and accordingly proceed forward.

Yeah, if you already have a fiber, then this is not for you. Though there is a portable version that can be carried with you. That might be useful to some who rent and have to move places often.
What is this portable version? I hope you don't mean Jio airfiber.

What is this portable version? I hope you don't mean Jio airfiber.

Post#7 on this very thread, Airtel's AirFiber does not have any dish or cable connected to it. Jio will similarly offer a portable version. Speed might not be as fast as the dish version.

Back