Jio Airfiber

Plans are on their site. Same as normal fiber. I got a message that it'll get delayed.
Hi, I can see following plan at Jio Fibre and Jio AirFibre.
  1. Jio Fiber @30 Mbps plan Rs.399 + 18% GST ( 471/- per month)
  2. Jio AirFibre plan Up to 30 Mbps starts from Rs.599 + 18% GST (Rs.707/- per month)
For AirFiber plan they ADD word UP TO 30Mbps, and charging 50% more amount than Fiber Basic Plan.

Hi, I can see following plan at Jio Fibre and Jio AirFibre.
  1. Jio Fiber @30 Mbps plan Rs.399 + 18% GST ( 471/- per month)
  2. Jio AirFibre plan Up to 30 Mbps starts from Rs.599 + 18% GST (Rs.707/- per month)
For AirFiber plan they ADD word UP TO 30Mbps, and charging 50% more amount than Fiber Basic Plan.
You're comparing two different plans. 2nd one has channels included as well.

But I'll change my statement. There plans with tv channels cost the same.

You're comparing two different plans. 2nd one has channels included as well.

But I'll change my statement. There plans with tv channels cost the same.
Sorry I miss the free TV channel with AirFiber, but if speed is not consistent and as said is up to 30 Mbps, means we can't complaint if speed reduce to 10 Mbps or below and may be unable to watch FREE TV channels with AirFiber.

I'm not against JioAirFiber or your comments/post, but interested to know how it will works, also JioAirFiber is way costly compare to my current JioFi 4G uses/plan.

Sorry I miss the free TV channel with AirFiber, but if speed is not consistent and as said is up to 30 Mbps, means we can't complaint if speed reduce to 10 Mbps or below and may be unable to watch FREE TV channels with AirFiber.

I'm not against JioAirFiber or your comments/post, but interested to know how it will works, also JioAirFiber is way costly compare to my current JioFi 4G uses/plan.
They work slightly better than line of sight communication as 5g can penetrate thin walls and stuff. It's not replacement for fiber but for remote areas and such applications. I'll be using it for channels and backup internet if it ever become available in my area which I doubt.

Anyone tried this or Airtel Airfibre in Mumbai? It's increasingly looking like I'll have to take that route for the next few months as Airtel is not able to provide connection here.

Anyone tried this or Airtel Airfibre in Mumbai? It's increasingly looking like I'll have to take that route for the next few months as Airtel is not able to provide connection here.
I submitted their pre-booking form, Jio app asked me to pay INR. 100/- and someone from their team will reach out. For a week or so has passed but no communication or response on it.

I submitted their pre-booking form, Jio app asked me to pay INR. 100/- and someone from their team will reach out. For a week or so has passed but no communication or response on it.
Yeah, its been 30 days for me. No communication or tracking number. No way to contact there service.

I went to 2 Airtel stores. There was no stock of airfibre anywhere. Basically they are not giving out new connections right now. One store person said stock can be expected next month, but prices might also get revised.

Just got a call from Jio AirFiber install team today after registration on day 1 but they said not doing independent bungalow now, after a couple of weeks when different hardware is in transit

I have a query - this jio airfiber just connects to the existing mobile towers right? So if the mobile towers in my area are all extremely slow and give less than 1Mbps speed 24/7, even the output of this costly device will be same low speed 24/7. It won't magically increase tower bandwidth or jio will increase tower bandwidth. I see no use for this other than waste money on a useless device and get extra headaches.

I got Jio FWA recently. Had to choose between Xstream Fiber or Jio FWA. If anyone got any question , feel free to ask.
Can you run some speed tests, as well as long(few minutes at least, in the background) latency(+stddev) tests to some cloudflare (1.1.1.1) and singapore (mirror.sg.gs linux mirror for example) servers . Thanks

These tests won't even matter in case of Jio FWA.
Jio 5G speed as well as latency varies from place to place. Since you are connecting to Jio 5G Tower through FWA, the best possible scenario will depend if you test them yourself on Jio 5G.

So, you will get the same speed and same latency as you are getting on your Jio 5G Phone. Think of FWA as Mobile Hotspot.

Anyway, in this case, I ran some tests and gets around 100ms ping to Singapore ( with occasional jitter ) . In terms of speed, it's constant 30Mbps. ( +3 to +5Mbps ).

Last edited:
These tests won't even matter in case of Jio FWA.
Jio 5G speed as well as latency varies from place to place. Since you are connecting to Jio 5G Tower through FWA, the best possible scenario will depend if you test them yourself on Jio 5G.

So, you will get the same speed and same latency as you are getting on your Jio 5G Phone. Think of FWA as Mobile Hotspot.

Anyway, in this case, I ran some tests and get around 100ms ping to Singapore ( with occasional jitter ) . In terms of speed, it's constant 30Mbps. ( +-3Mbps ).
Yeah, all that is indeed correct, but what I am interested in is not the absolute latency (though that's important as well, but as long as the average is ~100ms to sgp it's fine), I'm more interested in the standard deviation of the latency.

Thanks again for taking your time to run the tests.

I play Apex Legends on Singapore Servers. I get 90ms to 110ms ping at different times. It all depends on the servers. BTW, what service are you interested in situated in Singapore? Have you tried using Exitlag. It gives me best possible latency to any server through out the world.

I play Apex Legends on Singapore Servers. I get 90ms to 110ms ping at different times. It all depends on the servers. BTW, what service are you interested in situated in Singapore? Have you tried using Exitlag. It gives me best possible latency to any server through out the world.
Primarily apex legends and protonvpn sgp servers. Using airtel broadband as of now, has really good ping to sgp at least.

Primarily apex legends and protonvpn sgp servers. Using airtel broadband as of now, has really good ping to sgp at least.
Yep, I tried playing Apex Legends on Airtel 4G and compared it with Jio 5G. In terms of ping, Airtel 4G was 100ms while Jio 5G varied between 90ms to 110ms !.

Airtel gives much better and stable ping than Jio. Even in case of Jio Fiber, Xstream Fiber is better in terms of ping.

Anyway, try using Exitlag, it works wonders!!.

we lost Jio 4G signal & speed, 3 Days after Jio AirFibre launched in our area, day by day Jio 4G Making all what is possible to push it's user to port to Airtel 4G or Vodafone 4G.

When we complaint, Jio replied that they don't have coverage in our area and working on it to increase coverage, but my question is if NO COVERAGE before, how we all using Jio 4G at same place with 100% network & speed?

Jio killed Hathway Broadband for Jio Broadband and now Jio 4G going to kill itself for 5G

whats the difference between normal ftth vs the new airfibre for end users.
is it possible that i may get less speed than my plan or will it be fixed like in grounded fiber. Because the mobile data speed is on the lower end in my area.
Asking because i m currently using bsnl but have received a jio airfibre offer in my locality.
the only added benefit is free channels+ott.
Is airfibre more susceptible to outages?
As i m very happy with bsnl and its uptime.
one thing that i wanted to ask is jiofibre as restrictive as people say?
For example any site banned in india can be accessed using cloudflare in bsnl, will it be the same with jio?
Thanks.

Back