Jio : New Plans & Even more data (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • I got a new airtel postpaid a weeks ago with 4GB plan. They screwed the SIM activation and so I raised for cancellation.
  • 2 days later got a call from customer care and as a compensation for the trouble they offered me 5GB additional data for lifetime & 100 INR OFF on bill for next 6 months.
  • And 2 days after that, via Airtel App activated 3*10 GB lol

19GB in Total :)

Now airtel offering free data for postpaid customers. i was on 199 plan and got 2gb free for 3 month. heard some ppl getting 10 gb x3. what data did others get here on the myairtel app ?

I was on 299 corporate plan. Got 10GB * 3 months. Downgraded to 199 plan with lesser data cap immediately :p The 10GB offer vanished temporarily for few minutes but showed up again under my data limit.

I was on 299 corporate plan. Got 10GB * 3 months. Downgraded to 199 plan with lesser data cap immediately :p The 10GB offer vanished temporarily for few minutes but showed up again under my data limit.
Even I thought of doing that. But was wondering if the offer would go away. good to hear that it's still there. But does the plan change get effective immediately? I thought I'd have to wait till the next billing cycle.

On topic, I'm thinking of keeping the airtel 199 plan along with the Jio 149 plan. But if Jio network and connectivity gets better, might change the airtel one to prepaid.

I am on 199 Airtel postpaid corporate plan. No free data for me. When I checked I needed to pay Rs.100 for 2 GB and that is the surprise offer I got through a SMS.

Even I thought of doing that. But was wondering if the offer would go away. good to hear that it's still there. But does the plan change get effective immediately? I thought I'd have to wait till the next billing cycle.

On topic, I'm thinking of keeping the airtel 199 plan along with the Jio 149 plan. But if Jio network and connectivity gets better, might change the airtel one to prepaid.

Plan change is immediate. Its pro rata based.
For eg., if you data limit is 1GB and you have consumed 700MB in 15 days then don't shift as you will get only 500MB for 15 days on pro rata basis and get billed for the rest. But if you think you are below the limit as per pro rata basis go ahead and change plans. I was 3 days into my cycle when I changed. The date of change is also counted for new plan and date till change is counted as per old plan.
Yes, that is the same worry I have about Jio. I still don't feel that the QoS is at a level that I can shift my primary number to Jio.

I am on 199 Airtel postpaid corporate plan. No free data for me. When I checked I needed to pay Rs.100 for 2 GB and that is the surprise offer I got through a SMS.
Every person in my team got that banner in their app and get 10GB * 3.
But my FIL didn't get any banner since he was in his bank's group postpaid plan. You can still try to talk to CC and see if they will manually activate it for you.

Yes, that is the same worry I have about Jio. I still don't feel that the QoS is at a level that I can shift my primary number to Jio.
Sometimes it takes 3 to 4 tries and even then it won't connect many times. When connected, I have to talk really loudly or the other person does not hear. I have had cross connections as well.
The data speeds that I usually get are nowhere near the speeds I get on airtel 4G. I tolerate all this since I haven't paid anything for it. But once I do start paying these will be the glaring issues that JIO needs to overcome.

You can still try to talk to CC and see if they will manually activate it for you.
Someone got this message at my office. Not sure about it but you can try. "send MYFREE DATA <airtel no> to 9650096500"

I guess we should continue the free airtel data conversation in the separate thread.
https://www.techenclave.com/communi...every-airtel-postpaid-for-three-months.183620

Cross quote from another thread:
I met a couple of Jio guys at chai sutta shop. They asked me if I had prime and If I didn't, they'll recharge it for free. (should not have recharged it earlier :p )

Shyeet, Even i Didn't knew this. Even i did the prime recharge today + 303. These Jio employees know the tricks and the dudes at Deccan chambers, Panjagutta are issuing sim's without MyJio App code.. Employees know the loopholes.

Earlier some PayTM agent put a One time Promo code which gave me Rs 100.

Spoke to JIO CC rep
He has confirmed that night UL will be continued after 31 march
They are calling it HAPPY HOURS.
Price of STV and timing of HAPPY HOURS will be intimated soon as per rep. Might not be same as now
Hope they give something in 303/ as most have recharged 2/3 times to avail extra data and paytm 30/ off benefits

^^ so this night/happy hours is in the non-prime plans right? Is it in 149 or only on 303?

You have to pay extra for a happy hours stv?

^^ so this night/happy hours is in the non-prime plans right? Is it in 149 or only on 303?

You have to pay extra for a happy hours stv?
Dont know as i said
Will be 303/ and up and prime only i think .
Must be waiting to see how many people subscribe then would take this

But they already said that prime will have no night unlimited. Are they changing their stance now?

Is there any other alternative for the Jio 149 plan? I am a very basic user who used to recharge with Voda's 251 1 GB per month data offer and ended up using like 700 MB, though carefully, so 2 GB data per month is more than enough for me, also even beyond that its Unlimited at 128 kbps right? And the free calls (to any network right?) comes with it additionally. So I am thinking about getting that plan, haven't subscribed to Prime yet or anything. Is there a same plan with Vodafone or something? I have been actually using Vodafone for over ten-eleven years now admire their network stability but at the same time data and free calls at low price is hard to ignore. With Vodafone I usually recharge with a 150 rupees voucher, then power on top of that to make local calls at 1.2p/2s or something, and this without any data whatsoever, so 149 Jio plan will SAVE me A LOT. Just that I am not confident with Jio network's stability, have seen network going kaput several times right before my eyes!

I am talking from the 149 plan's perspective, no interest in other plans like 303 one or anything, those are tremendously overkill for me.

Is there any other alternative for the Jio 149 plan? I am a very basic user who used to recharge with Voda's 251 1 GB per month data offer and ended up using like 700 MB, though carefully, so 2 GB data per month is more than enough for me, also even beyond that its Unlimited at 128 kbps right? And the free calls (to any network right?) comes with it additionally. So I am thinking about getting that plan, haven't subscribed to Prime yet or anything. Is there a same plan with Vodafone or something? I have been actually using Vodafone for over ten-eleven years now admire their network stability but at the same time data and free calls at low price is hard to ignore. With Vodafone I usually recharge with a 150 rupees voucher, then power on top of that to make local calls at 1.2p/2s or something, and this without any data whatsoever, so 149 Jio plan will SAVE me A LOT. Just that I am not confident with Jio network's stability, have seen network going kaput several times right before my eyes!

I am talking from the 149 plan's perspective, no interest in other plans like 303 one or anything, those are tremendously overkill for me.

AFAIK, 149 plans are fixed @ 2GB, and will charge more if you go over 2GB. The 300+ plans give you the UL.

AFAIK, 149 plans are fixed @ 2GB, and will charge more if you go over 2GB. The 300+ plans give you the UL.
Oh okay. 2 GB is still plenty for me. What I basically wanted to know is whether there is a plan, be it postpaid or whatever, with Vodafone, where my monthly charge could be lower or same than 149 rupees or not, with same data/call/sms limit.

Oh okay. 2 GB is still plenty for me. What I basically wanted to know is whether there is a plan, be it postpaid or whatever, with Vodafone, where my monthly charge could be lower or same than 149 rupees or not, with same data/call/sms limit.
There's no other service provider who can give you this plan, ₹149 Unlimited National calling (to any network even in roaming) and 2GB internet apart from Jio.

There's no other service provider who can give you this plan, ₹149 Unlimited National calling (to any network even in roaming) and 2GB internet apart from Jio.

I'm sure if other providers offered similar low end plans they could retain a lot of customers but they're too greedy with their ~350 ARPU desires. So Jio is the only option for an ultra affordable and practically usable plan for many...

I'm sure if other providers offered similar low end plans they could retain a lot of customers but they're too greedy with their ~350 ARPU desires. So Jio is the only option for an ultra affordable and practically usable plan for many...
yes for now, jio is the only option but the problem for me is no Jio connectivity in my area :( so I have to go with Airtel ₹350 plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back