Jio : New Plans & Even more data (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prepaid 999/- @ 60GB for 60 Days for Jio Prime looks quite good. Is it only 999/- only or plus Tax......Please Confirm ?

Prepaid 999/- @ 60GB for 60 Days for Jio Prime looks quite good. Is it only 999/- only or plus Tax......Please Confirm ?
Prepaid price is final. What you see is what you recharge.[DOUBLEPOST=1488342820][/DOUBLEPOST]Don't forget to recharge with ₹99 first.:p

Last edited:
3. The 999 actually makes more sense than the 499 since its for 60 days with 4gb more plus you can choose how you use your GBs. Dunno what i was smoking...

I was also thinking that 999 is a better plan, why did you strike it out though? Did I miss something?

There's no FUP on calls whatsoever. That 1000mins is not true it seems. File shared by @kuduku doesn't look authentic except for the actual 4G plans.

Even i pinged a Jio official, he laughs at me. Saying unlimited calls is their USP, Why will they put a cap on it? That PDF file is not authentic it seems.

This is truly the thunder I was waiting for ! :woot:

I'm not gonna expect Vodafone or Airtel to match it, will just stick to Jio. 499 & 999 FTW

https://www.jio.com/en-in/4g-plans
Terms and conditions
  1. Voice is truly free – no charge towards voice or the data used to make 4G voice calls.

Top-ups
    MRP TALKTIME CATEGORY
    `10/- `7.7 REGULAR TALKTIME
    `20/- `15.39 REGULAR TALKTIME
    `50/- `40.48 REGULAR TALKTIME
    `100/- `100 FULL TALKTIME
    `150/- `150 FULL TALKTIME
    `200/- `200 FULL TALKTIME
    `300/- `300 FULL TALKTIME
    `500/- `500 FULL TALKTIME
    `750/- `750 FULL TALKTIME
    `1000/- `1000 FULL TALKTIME
    `2000/- `2000 FULL TALKTIME
    `5000/- `5000 FULL TALKTIME

What is use of TOP-ups for talktime when voice is truly free?

There's no FUP on calls whatsoever. That 1000mins is not true it seems. File shared by @kuduku doesn't look authentic except for the actual 4G plans.

Even these guys are quoting the 1000 call limit. Sure it was a hoax?

Additionally: "Also, "Jio Prime membership and its benefits could be cancelled unless a minimum recharge of Rs 149 is made every month," it said."

This is supposedly by brokerage firm CLSA

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I saw some side-note about "on-net and off-net" minutes in one of those slides... I guess the calling to other operators' networks are (or may be) limited, but within Jio it is unlimited?

What is use of TOP-ups for talktime when voice is truly free?

ISD maybe?[DOUBLEPOST=1488348863][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think I saw some side-note about "on-net and off-net" minutes in one of those slides... I guess the calling to other operators' networks are (or may be) limited, but within Jio it is unlimited?

What that slide meant is that in the supposedly 1000 min FUP calls to both Jio and other n/ws are counted, after which calls to Jio are unlimited. This is distinct from 1000 calls to other n/ws with jio calls already unlimited.

When top up is done of 303/ or 499/ then you can use with zero balance as STV is active

If you are topping up then how is it zero balance???

I was also thinking that 999 is a better plan, why did you strike it out though? Did I miss something?

999 works out to Rs. 16.65/day with about 1gb/day, just that it isn't counted daily. 499 costs Rs. 17.8/day but you get 2gb on a daily basis.

I am going to call my Reliance contact, and then will see. We need to get this prime membership for some 20 of our numbers - JioFI and other phones as well.

Even my Jio insider is saying the same thing, big boss has said unlimited, so it's not possible to FUP.

What about charges for calling landlines? Is that unlimited as well? Don't mobile operators have to pay some sort of extra fees for a landline call?

It's all very confusing, Nothing clear about whether Call are really free without any FUP or 1000 min FUP. If the calls are free (without FUP) then is it free to any network pan India or only to Jio Network. They are putting all the emphasis on the Data but most of the Indian public first cares about calling and then Data, We have people who manage in 300mb mobile topup per month.

Anyhow no worries for me because I don't get the JIO network in my house so not going to enroll for Prime. After 31st March will remove the sim from the phone. :)

As of now, ALL Calls are unlimited (Truly). Don't know if they will enforce any Cap on minutes in near future but right now its UNLIMITED until 31st March 2018.

- Talktime vouchers are for ISD calls, VAS etc.
Even these guys are quoting the 1000 call limit. Sure it was a hoax?

Additionally: "Also, "Jio Prime membership and its benefits could be cancelled unless a minimum recharge of Rs 149 is made every month," it said."

This is supposedly by brokerage firm CLSA
That monetization PDF was probably by CLSA. We're not sure. Yes, Looks like it. http://gadgets.ndtv.com/telecom/new...-charge-for-calls-after-1-000-minutes-1665299

Right now the average call minutes per user is less than 350 minutes (14p*350) = Rs 49 cost for Jio. (Sustainable) + Most of them are making Jio-Jio calls because of HD calls including myself.

If they enforce caps firstly customers will say bye-bye to Jio.

Last edited:
350mins avg is pretty low. I woulda expected way higher for free calling. It's nothing for 303/pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back