Android Just bought an S20 FE, have a few questions

sid41299

Disciple
Are there any good transparent backed bumper cases available for this model? I would like to protect the phone, but I also want to skin it something cool like. Also, is it safe to pull off the sticker on the back? Can Samsung really refuse to honour the warranty if I do?

Last edited:
Are there any good transparent backed bumper cases available for this model? I would like to protect the phone,

Good idea to protect the phone because it is fragile.

but I also want to skin it something cool like.
Here is one option that offers a case, but the case is not as strong as the one above.

I'd have preferred if the skin went over that case as that way you could change the look easily by swapping cases

They have quite a selection

Also, is it safe to pull off the sticker on the back?
I left it on because some TPU cases can mark the back.

Can Samsung really refuse to honour the warranty if I do?
Nothing to do with the warranty. Go ahead if you want.

Are there any good transparent backed bumper cases available for this model? I would like to protect the phone, but I also want to skin it something cool like. Also, is it safe to pull off the sticker on the back? Can Samsung really refuse to honour the warranty if I do?
Just curious how much you paid for it ?
I saw flipkart selling S21 FE for 35k INR with open-box delivery, appear to be better deal than S20FE for 29K @ amazon.

Just curious how much you paid for it ?
I saw flipkart selling S21 FE for 35k INR with open-box delivery, appear to be better deal than S20FE for 29K @ amazon.
Got it for 27K on the Samsung website, with an HDFC Bank offer. Also, it was 30K on Amazon when I had to buy it.
I left it on because some TPU cases can mark the back.
What does this mean? If I pull off the sticker and use a transparent case, the case will discolour some portion of the back panel?

What does this mean? If I pull off the sticker and use a transparent case, the case will discolour some portion of the back panel?

A transparent case is fine. Some TPU ones are not. No idea how you clean this.

You do realise these soft transparent TPU ones will all go yellow in a few months. If you can find something hard like polycarbonate. That won't go yellow.

Last edited:
I use this case with mine, it's got Frosted back and not transparent. But it's sturdy.

Golden Sand Back Cover For Samsung Galaxy S20 FE/S20 FE 5G ( TPU|Frosted Black ) https://amzn.eu/d/7KGgD93

It's out of stock currently. It's returnable too, so you can try and return if you don't like it.

I've been using Ringke case for my S20 Fe and I'm happy with it. OT, does your S20 FE have properly aligned rear camera?
Does that case have a polycarbonate back or is it completely TPU. Looks like a PC back

The way to avoid the yellowing of the TPU is to get the black border variant. There is no other way to avoid the TPU edges going yellow otherwise.

I find those borders unsightly though. Fine if you have the navy blue colour

Ringke is great otherwise.

It was present in earlier models. Mine has it. You'll notice it'll be tilted if yours has it
It looks like the bottom camera is indeed misaligned by quite a bit, and the top one is misaligned a little. The middle one seems to be fine

It looks like the bottom camera is indeed misaligned by quite a bit, and the top one is misaligned a little. The middle one seems to be fine
How do the photos come out? could you tell by the photos if something was wrong? this important point that the article fails to mention.

What is the manufacture date of your phone btw?

Does that case have a polycarbonate back or is it completely TPU. Looks like a PC back

The way to avoid the yellowing of the TPU is to get the black border variant. There is no other way to avoid the TPU edges going yellow otherwise.

I find those borders unsightly though. Fine if you have the navy blue colour

Ringke is great otherwise.
I use the navy blue one.
How do the photos come out? could you tell by the photos if something was wrong? this important point that the article fails to mention.

What is the manufacture date of your phone btw?
Not that noticeable in normal pics but noticeable when scanning docs or anything with geometric shapes. Would feel like shooting a trapezium instead of a rectangle

Not that noticeable in normal pics but noticeable when scanning docs or anything with geometric shapes. Would feel like shooting a trapezium instead of a rectangle
If photos are not occluded in any way why would scanning be affected?

Depending on the angle a rectangle can appear as a trapezium so I don't see a problem there.

No, I can't tell if anything is off from the photos themselves, but I am concerned now about the long-term reliability of this device.
Do the cameras make a sound like the article said ?
Sept. 2022
Looks like you got one fresh off the factory. Mine was a mere two weeks old when I got it. The cameras look fine.

That article is dated Nov 2020. Might have been problems with the first batches. I've never heard of it. Nobody on amazon seems to have mentioned it.

Back