Android Just bought an S20 FE, have a few questions

If photos are not occluded in any way why would scanning be affected?

Depending on the angle a rectangle can appear as a trapezium so I don't see a problem there.
If your are framing shots to a reference point/line you'll see the image doesn't align properly. So when scanning documents the pages end up looking tilted where as normal pics you don't notice it so much. Just sharing some random pics for reference. The cam should be able to capture the complete monitor border to border if it was aligned properly. if you look at the samples, you'll see the tilt

Attachments

• 20221015_003623.jpg
    20221015_003623.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 20221015_003550.jpg
    20221015_003550.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 20221015_003154.jpg
    20221015_003154.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 66
I hear a single clicking-like noise if I shake it, but I can't tell if that's just because of the OIS
Mine does that as well. It's OIS
If your are framing shots to a reference point/line you'll see the image doesn't align properly. So when scanning documents the pages end up looking tilted where as normal pics you don't notice it so much. Just sharing some random pics for reference. The cam should be able to capture the complete monitor border to border if it was aligned properly. if you look at the samples, you'll see the tilt
There is a setting in the camera called 'scene optimiser'. Do you have that enabled?

There will be a distortion in the photo if your camera isn't completely parallel with the plane you are photographing.

Mine does that as well. It's OIS

There is a setting in the camera called 'scene optimiser'. Do you have that enabled?

There will be a distortion in the photo if your camera isn't completely parallel with the plane you are photographing.
Yea its enabled. tried some pics after disabling it, also with shot guidance and grid lines to align. feels like the space between bezel to image edge is not same from top to bottom. is that expected? just tried to view the same through my dad's one plus 5t and it felt a lot more aligned

Yea its enabled. tried some pics after disabling it, also with shot guidance and grid lines to align.
You can correct those alignments in the gallery app i think.

You get this with buildings and I used to use this app to fix it to the extent possible.

feels like the space between bezel to image edge is not same from top to bottom. is that expected? just tried to view the same through my dad's one plus 5t and it felt a lot more aligned
What aspect do you shoot photos in? the default is 3:4

Back