Just Cause 2 - Discussion Thread

Easter Egg: The Island from 'Lost'

In the northwest corner of the map is an island separated from the mainland by a fair stretch of water. If you fly over this island in any plane you'll automatically crash. On the island you can find numerous references to Lost, including plane wreckage of Oceanic Flight 815, familiar settings like the stream. You'll hear sounds of the Smoke Monster as you explore too. There's even a hatch to be found!

Got this from IGN :)

gizmoholic said:

In the northwest corner of the map is an island separated from the mainland by a fair stretch of water. If you fly over this island in any plane you'll automatically crash. On the island you can find numerous references to Lost, including plane wreckage of Oceanic Flight 815, familiar settings like the stream. You'll hear sounds of the Smoke Monster as you explore too. There's even a hatch to be found!

Ohhhhhhhhhooo.ooo..oooooo..... Now i gotta get this game for sure :p

gizmoholic said:

That's pretty cool! Gotta pay a visit to that island then.

As for those who are asking about graphics on the 360 version, they're great but the PC version looks way better. I tried the game on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3(demo) and PC version stands out as the best looking of them all.

The only thing that i like while playing fps games is aiming at the enemies............. And this game does not allow me to do this............ if u observe the crosshair, it gets red even if the enemy is not in the crosshair........

somehow i am not liking this thing......... though the graphics are good but the voice acting is not that good ( form the 1hour that i played this game)......... Will see how the game turns out later.......

Lord Nemesis said:
Correction !! Its a graphically better version of the first Just Cause. There is no comparison with GTA4. GTA 4 does not even match the graphics of first Just cause and game play wise, Just Cause trumps GTA 4 in terms of pacing and insane fun. :p
I see that you loathe GTA IV with a passion for some reason. The first Just Cause doesn't even hold a candle compared to GTA IV. I had completed that game ages ago and it was a repetitive bunch of junk. The second title, however, is awesome. Again nothing even close to the GTA league. ;)

@spin: It's out on Steam.

^^

Whether you like a game or not over another boils down to whether you have fun playing it and a game does not always need to have the best story, non repetitive missions or the best graphics and sound to be fun to play.

For example Serious Sam (and the much less known Will Rock) was uber fun to me and for so many other people even though it had a ridiculous half-assed storyline and repetitive game play and so was prototype even though it has such bad graphics and repetitive game play.

As for my point about Just Cause, it has has better visual quality than GTA 4 (once you force it to 1680 x 1050) and the game is incredibly fun even though its repetitive (I think I mentioned about the repetitiveness in my first post itself). In fact I still have it installed and play it from time to time.

Just Cause 2 is no different in its concept and its surely not going to win any awards for story telling or voice acting. The game is simply about having fun with unrealistic stunts and creating chaos in a beautifully rendered island.

GTA 4 has a lot of stuff to do, but it simply gets boring after a while. Just Cause is in a completely different league for me and much more fun to play. GTA series may be the root for all open world games, but there are a number of repetitive open world games like Just Cause, Prototype and Infamous that I find tonnes more fun to play than any GTA game.

Personally I feel GTA has always been overrated and over hyped. Its fine with me if people enjoyed playing it, but for me it will stay at the farthest end of the list of open world game I enjoyed playing.

fps in the game is pathetic demo ran quite well at max settings but the full game does not

Stuck up in starting of game !!! Any help ??

While free falling from helo, parachute is not available, so I hit the ground or miss the landing zone and thus mission fails. How do I go ahead playing it - hints please

^ Huh, how the fudge is that possible? :S Press SPACE BAR to open your parachute hope you know it already..

@ dinjo @ yes it seems that it needs some fixes via updates.. well anyway, put reso @ 1680x1050, 2x AA, 16x Anistro, Disable V-Sync, disable GPU Water thingy, disable high quality shadow.. now check how its working.. bokeh filter and all you can keep or disable it.. doest make and noticable difference.

Here are my settings @1920x1080:

246a0cm.jpg

Works absolutely fine on these settings and looks stunning at the same time.

Yes I know it is spacebar, but that won't work. Even changing key for parachute instead of spacebar also don't work. Boss do u have any saved game, which may help me out.

Guys,

The game just freezes after about 10 minutes of gameplay. I have to end it via task manager. It is completely random and doesn't necessarily takes place at the same location. I just finished the 1st agency mission. I have tried reinstalling the game but still the problem persists.

Any help would be appreciated.

Back