k750i or wait???!

KiD0M4N

Skilled
Aug 24, 2005
www.erodov.com
Smith said:
i got my fone for 12.5k in may here in hyd..so 12.2 sounds decent enough for me.
Karan, DONT buy fone without bill...why??..just visit any SE service centre and see the LONG queue there and u will know :p
and the fone is worth every penny man :)

hey nice for the confirmation man.... nice to see satisfied users also..... i got another quote of 12.1K from a "Sun Telecom" w/ taxes.

hmm.... shud i take the plunge?

also to k750i users: which memory card do you recommend with it? I heard if u add 2GB card, the access times slow down a lot? Is this true? I found that Newegg retails 2GB SanDisk UltraII for $70.... good price na?

From the looks of it, i will be using the phone for atleast 2 years.... so will buy with bill only. God forbid servicing woes....

ALso, someone recommended after market in-ear headphones with this.... are they woth it? And techboy :p alike, what is the cost and the chances of it going kaput ? :tongue:

chic_magnet

Skilled
Mar 23, 2005
hmm for earphones. you can get the 800i earphones... they are good !!

hmm 2gb cards are fine re. i used one in my phone.. sandisk only... no performance hit even after filling 800mb... (that`s all i could fill at his place!)

btw are you getting that sandisk??? (can ya get for me too.. pls pls pls .. pretty pls pls pls ) pls pls pls pls pls pls pls!!

Smith

Skilled
Jun 17, 2005
i use a sony 1gb card and its filled upto the brim..menu slowed down only when browsing videos (installed about 50 of em videos + 2 movies :p)..otherwise no other performance hits.
I use the HPM-70 earplugs (w800i ones) and they r awesome :D

the only -ve point about this fone is that its usb1.1..so u gotta remove ur card if u want a fast transfer :bleh:

Blade_Runner

Skilled
Feb 12, 2005
www.techenclave.com
@karan: i got mine in mumbai.

As for the mem stick, i use a sony 1gb mem stick so no idea if the 2gb stick would slow down the fone. The sandisk ultra 2 seems to be a good buy considering sony's 2gb sticks go for 2.5k here(iirc). And for the headfones go with what smith and chic suggested i.e. the hpm-70.

arnov

Adept
Feb 10, 2006
Blade_Runner said:
3-4 of my friends have the fone, rough usage(varying between 6 months-1yr) no joystick issues yet. Imho the joystick issue has been blown outta proportion, probably by Nokia shills/fanbois.

You have not read my post carefully dude, I have recommended SE W700i over SE K750i, so whaer's question of being a Nokia Fanboy, the other one too is a Samsung one dude and not Nokia. I have read many forums, from Mobilereview, gsmarena and also had discussion on this site few months back and then only I have suggested the other Phone.

Blade_Runner

Skilled
Feb 12, 2005
www.techenclave.com
arnov said:
You have not read my post carefully dude, I have recommended SE W700i over SE K750i, so whaer's question of being a Nokia Fanboy, the other one too is a Samsung one dude and not Nokia. I have read many forums, from Mobilereview, gsmarena and also had discussion on this site few months back and then only I have suggested the other Phone.

lol i am not calling you a fanboi ! The joystick failure thing was over-hyped from the beginning. Many competitors resort to such under-handed tactics to blow small issues out of proportion. Ofcourse w700i is also a great fone but lacks auto-focus which is an important factor for me.

Checksum

Skilled
Aug 3, 2005
I guess SE K750i has a serious Joystick problem

around 3 of my friends have it and i havent seen that problem yet.

and id vote for the K750i. the best fone under 15k in the market now. i wouldnt even consider a nokia !

p.s : i would have got it if i had 3k extra three months back :(

KiD0M4N

Skilled
Aug 24, 2005
www.erodov.com
hunt3r said:
I might be able to get you a better price on it , let u know by tomorrow.

hey thanks for the offer yaar.... but I needed a PHONE urgently, hence i went ahead with the deal...... 12.2k by cash..... bill and all ofcourse.

hmm, how do i put up a pic of the phone when the only decent camera I have is in the phone itself? kinda like the chicken an egg problem, init?

neways..... the phone rox...... own..... thanks for the recommendations guys..... i made a good choice.

and a little tribute from my side:

I went to Global Access, Jayanagar 3rd Block, Blore to get the phone. I got info about that shop from Goku, my dear friend and TE member. I took out around 4200 as cash from my HDFC salary account (already running low) and thought of paying the rest 8K from my ICICI debit card via swipe. Every thing was done. Phone inspected for DOA..... happy and dandy...... BAAM! "Switch Inoperative" error message pops up in the swipe machine..... Ok cool, no harm done..... I go to ATM to get the cash...... WOOT? What is the $$#@ing PIN? I totally misplaced the PIN number in my head with all the excitement. I propose that i transfer the cash online to them. No go........

The only option left with me was to go all the way back to my home (where I thought I had written down the PIN somewhere) and get the cash and then GET the phone. I really needed "A" phone urgently..... so the thought of JUST getting any cellphone for 4.2K also crossed my mind :(

I had asked my way to Jayanagar...... That meant a long and painful journey back and fourth. And I was running out of time. It was already 8:05PM and they close @ 9.....

So a idea POPs to my head......

40 mins later.... goku was there in the shop with the cash....... I had asked if he could do me the biggest favour of ANYONE's life (come from xyz kms away... Richmond Town) with cash and help out a guy whom he has met only once before. Well he did help me out. And I did get the phone.

All thanks to Goku. And to add to that.... he didnt even accept my "thanks." Saying, "kya yaar, no thanks..." I am giving one of my Harddrives to him, and the rest cash..... And I need to apply for a new PIN it seems.... :mad:

Thanks again yaar.... I owe u a BIG one!

Nikhil

Skilled
Mar 29, 2005
www.techenclave.com
well done goku!! A true friend!!!

And congrats Karan!!

PS: I live in JNR 5th block :p ..... Hardly 5 mins bike ride from that place :p But I could not have been able to hel pyou anyway coz my bank closes at 1:00

KiD0M4N

Skilled
Aug 24, 2005
www.erodov.com
Nikhil said:
well done goku!! A true friend!!!

And congrats Karan!!

PS: I live in JNR 5th block :p ..... Hardly 5 mins bike ride from that place :p But I could not have been able to hel pyou anyway coz my bank closes at 1:00
alls well that ends well :D cool so u stay there? i stayed in jayanagar 5th block for approx 15 days..... spanking good place :D

Josh

Skilled
Mar 24, 2006
www.mobguru.com
Congrats on the Phone.. Good Choice...

BTW... Using a mirror u can show the back of the phone... Also using 2 mirrors i guess u can show all of the PHONE...

jdutt

Disciple
Jun 16, 2006
Dear friends,

For me its Sony Ericsson all the way. Used to have T610 around 2.5 yrs back. Was good and way ahead of its time then. Now i have K750i, 1 month ols, brought it on my B'day for INR 12,400. Got HPM-70, great headphones and if used a bit cleverly can be a good alternate to a MP3 car audio player. I just plug a cassette adapter in 3.5 mm plug and voila! i have my mp3s playing in my car cassette based player ( having an ALPINE in car which i didnt wanted to part away for its sheer goodness).

- Great camera 2.0 Mp
- Grooving music to ear
- Megabass (Rightly said, its absent in K790i)
- Radio in built
- Option to mark several contacts and sms's for better management
- Use a 1 Gb card, will upgrade to 2 Gb soon
- Video quality in Mp4 is lot better than stupid "SMARTMOVIE' stuff of S60
- No fear to data going corrupt like its there in a Symbian phone
- Does NOT hang.
- For me NO issues with joystick.
- As said by SAUVE it CAN be converted to W800 BUT the warranty will be void, so try this after 12 months of purchase if done on BILL.
- My personal experiance if something seriosly goes wrong with phone and IF service centre ppl are NOT able to rectify it, YOU WILL GET NEW HANDSET EVEN IF IT IS 11 MONTHS OLD. Has to be purchased on BILL though.
- Last but not least, we guys holding SE phones are DEFINATELY considered sharp minds compared to lalaji type mentality of Nokia holders ( NO pun intended)

Hope my feed back wil be of some use.

Regards.