k750i vs W800i vs W810i

Nikhil

Skilled
the k750i is 10K. the W800i would be a bit more expensive.

The only difference according to the official specs is that the k750i does not have 4x zoom on the camera and has no "megabass". it does not have polyphonic ringtones either.

But it has a speakerphone which the W800i doesnt have....

The W810i has EDGE in addition to everything the W800i has.

Sunny justy told me to buy a k750i + 1 GB card + W800i handsfree....

That does make sense. I am wondering what is the speciality of the W800 hands free.... is it the volume control on the wire ??

Now, I have a few very important criteria.

Alarm should be loud. VERY VERY loud...

I should be able to make distribution lists.... I send messages everyday and I would like to make lists so that I dont need to send it to each person one by one.

I should be able to save 100s of messages using the 1 or 2 GB memory card.... I can save messgaes on the memory card right ??

The speaker volume should be high.... I mean the normal speaker...not the loudspeaker.

And ringtone volume should be very lpud.

And the vibrating feature should be strong enough to feel while I am riding my bike...

I should be able to save 100s of messages using the 1 or 2 GB memory card.... I can save messgaes on the memory card right ??

afaik, in the phones u mentioned, we cant save the msgs to memory card! :( if u get to know any way, pls inform me too!!! :D

Trust me you really dont wana buy K750i now.

All the three phones you have mentioned are too common, too old and outgunned by many Nokia and moto phones.

Do u really dont wana look outside these three?

BTW W800i is K750i with different firmware to be honest. thats it.

nopes W800i wa discontinued....
sorry to say this but all your demands are met by only 1 phone currently, and that is the Nokia 6233

Lol..i think we've had this same discussion twice or thrice in the last week itself..:p

anyways, nikhil, the w800 isnt really available at most places nowadays..it was replaced by the 810..if u still get it, its probably been lying there for a long time..and it really doesnt make sense to go for it now..

as for k750i, well, its getting outdated too..and it has a joystick issues which get worse with time...and dust..:p it stops responding after a while..the cam is good only for pics..the video sucks big time..also you biggest criteria ie. loud sound is unfortunately not met with the k750i..it isnt very loud..actually if u do not use very loud mp3s for ringtones, u easily miss most of the calls when u are in crowdy conditions..

The w810 is plain costly and doesnt warrant the price it holds today..nokia offers much more features for lesser price...

My vote too goes to the 6233..it has the loudest sound..u can be sure of tht..the twin speakers rock..the screen is bigger and much better than k750..its 240x320 at 262k...the cam is not as good for snaps but is again better for videos as it supports qvga res at 15fps..trust me, i have tried this, it does record very acceptable quality video..something u can proudly upload to youtube..:p then its got edge, 3g and a very decent mp3 player+fm...:)

quality and feature wise..its wiser to go for it today..

just my 2 cents...:)

hmm ok....

I didnt think of other options like N70, etc coz the keypad sucks.... I tried them out yesterday at the mall and the keypad is too bloody tiny.....

The SE keypads are better....

And none of these phones enable me to save messages on the memory card ?? Ridiculous. What is the normal message memory of these phones anyway ??

And the Nokia 6233 can store messages on the memory card ?

And what is cost of Nokiac 6233 now ?? Is the camera really very bad compared to the k750i ??

the mssgs get stored in phone mem.. thats about 20 mb
that should be enough for 400-500 msgs
have been using the w810i .. no problems with it...

no the 6233 cam is not that bad as compared to K750i, at best it is average...but i say go for 6233, it is better than K750i in many aspects

Nikhil said:
.............. The only difference according to the official specs is that the k750i does not have 4x zoom on the camera and has no "megabass". it does not have polyphonic ringtones either........

Are you sure about this? The k750i that I have, has all the above features. I bought it about 15 months back.

:

Originally Posted by Nikhil

.............. The only difference according to the official specs is that the k750i does not have 4x zoom on the camera and has no "megabass". it does not have polyphonic ringtones either........

Paraman said:
Are you sure about this? The k750i that I have, has all the above features. I bought it about 15 months back.

I am not sure :p That is why I posted here...

I saw the 6300 today... very very good phone. But no flash. Same like 6233.....

But the 6233 is cheaper and they keypad is better....

Nikhil said:
I am not sure :p That is why I posted here.......

Then where did you get the 'official specs'? SE's website lists all the features that you think the phone doesn't have.

Anyway, if music is your priority then dont think beyond SE. Their MEGABASS sound setting gives the sound a richness that no other phone can give.

Nikhil said:
And none of these phones enable me to save messages on the memory card ?? Ridiculous. What is the normal message memory of these phones anyway ??
The symbian phones do. like my 6630. but trust me dude, the phone is horrible slow to browse thru messages saved on the memory card, once u have more than 100 msgs. Not sure of the latest phones though.

rASCAL said:
the mssgs get stored in phone mem.. thats about 20 mb
that should be enough for 400-500 msgs
going slightly off topic here. anyone noticed or know how much memory messages take up?

Once i reach 1000 msgs on my 6630, the phone memory almost runs out.. deleting 500 msgs (all text msgs only, no fancy pics/mms), all of a sudden almost 4MB of phone memory frees up :S

lol k750i has megabass. and you cannot use digi zoom @ 1600x1200, can use 4x zoom at 640x480. hell why does anyone use digi zoom beats me :|

Nikhil said:
What do you mean data cable not in box ??

I have to buy it separately ?? How much does it cost ??

Yeah... Datacable is not included in the box..;)

You have to purchase it for 350 bucks extra..also the bundled card is only 64 mb.. i got a 1 gb sandisk for 900 bucks..

the 6270 is also an option but it is costlier at around 13.2k..i dont think it warrants tht sorta price for what it offers over and above 6233..its also not 3G..also it captures vids at qcif res...the 6233 does it in 640x480 res..:D the 6270 doesnt have a flight mode which i use a lot when in locals..:p it helps a lot in conserving battery..(psst..i'm too lazy when it comes to charging battery..)

Btw, if it has been added in a firmware upgrade, then its good.. cos it wasnt there earlier..

the cam of 6270 is a worser solution than 6233...u can check out the 6270 cam review here..

Overall u have to accept it is an older phone than the 6233..so it has its disadvanatages..i dont know why it still sells at tht price...i dont think any sane person wud buy it after doing a bit of research...:no:

Private Ryan said:
Check this pic taken from my 6233 at 2 mp res at normal quality..u think it is bad?? Lol..man i didnt even remove the protective sticker from the camera..:p
It shows that you haven't removed the sticker, the quality isn't that great. it's fuzzy even in direct sunlight with significant loss of detail.

@Nikhil: Why haven't you had a look at the Sony Ericsson K550i? It even beats the W810i in features and performance.

Back