k750i vs W800i vs W810i

tracerbullet said:
It shows that you haven't removed the sticker, the quality isn't that great. it's fuzzy even in direct sunlight with significant loss of detail.

Yeah agree it isnt all too gr8 simply because first, like i said tht i had the sticker on and secondly, i had set the pic quality to normal..maybe i cud have got a better result with a high quality setting but then i wasnt trying to prove tht it has a very high quality cam...what i was tryin to show is tht it isnt all too bad for its price..:p Sure it isnt is league of k750 in snap quality, but there are other things in which its far better off than the k750i..plus it completely owns the k750 and also many other 9-11k phones in video recording..even its successor, the 6300 has worse snap and video quality..

For its price, i'm happy with its cam...:)

Why haven't you had a look at the Sony Ericsson K550i? It even beats the W810i in features and performance.

^^Yeah, actually a good suggestion..it is also a good option..but it isnt as loud as the 6233..since he specifically asked for a loud phone for alarms and ringtones.. cam is again similar to k750...record vids at qcif only..also, its screen isnt as good as 6233's as it is only a 176 x 220 pixel screen, plus it comes with the costly m2 memory card and since the box only has a 64 mb card, he will have to spend much more on a 1 gb m2 card...and with a price around 11.2k with nothing much to offer over the k750i, its price isnt justified..:no:

ok... will check out the k550i as well... but as of now, I have more or less decided on the 6233 unless there is a better option out there.

Private Ryan said:
Yeah agree it isnt all too gr8 simply because first, like i said tht i had the sticker on and secondly, i had set the pic quality to normal..maybe i cud have got a better result with a high quality setting but then i wasnt trying to prove tht it has a very high quality cam...what i was tryin to show is tht it isnt all too bad for its price..:p Sure it isnt is league of k750 in snap quality, but there are other things in which its far better off than the k750i..plus it completely owns the k750 and also many other 9-11k phones in video recording..even its successor, the 6300 has worse snap and video quality..
For its price, i'm happy with its cam...:)
^^Yeah, actually a good suggestion..it is also a good option..but it isnt as loud as the 6233..since he specifically asked for a loud phone for alarms and ringtones.. cam is again similar to k750...record vids at qcif only..also, its screen isnt as good as 6233's as it is only a 176 x 220 pixel screen, plus it comes with the costly m2 memory card and since the box only has a 64 mb card, he will have to spend much more on a 1 gb m2 card...and with a price around 11.2k with nothing much to offer over the k750i, its price isnt justified..:no:
Whoa, nice and informative :) Unfortunately I must spread some reps around before giving them to you again. Well my point was that if he was looking for a Sony Ericsson phone then the K550i is his best shot.

tracerbullet said:
Whoa, nice and informative :) Unfortunately I must spread some reps around before giving them to you again. Well my point was that if he was looking for a Sony Ericsson phone then the K550i is his best shot.

I am not looking for a SE :p

I am looking for a good reliable, easy to use phone.

And I am partial to Nokia. I did have a look at the SE phones but ditched them once I realised that you cant store messages on the memory card....

Well i have seen the k550 first hand too, belongs to a friend..imho, reliability shudnt be an issue with it either, also SE has done a gr8 thing to get rid of the Joystick with this phone..tht makes it less susceptible to problems..

But yeah, i agree its hard for a long time nokia user to get used to the SE menu system and the way the Cancel and back button on SE work..:p

Also the K550i's keypad is a real pain....the buttons are..well, an excuse for buttons..they are so thin tht for a guy with a big hand, it may be hard to press the right buttons..and they are too hard to press...

Imho, the 6233's keypad is by far the best in this range..the buttons are quiet big and provide positive presses..not too soft..not too hard..reliability is not an issue with nokia..and yeah, being S40, its very easy to use..:D

TheMask said:
The symbian phones do. like my 6630. but trust me dude, the phone is horrible slow to browse thru messages saved on the memory card, once u have more than 100 msgs. Not sure of the latest phones though.

Hmm have 6630 does not slow down for me :)

TheMask said:
going slightly off topic here. anyone noticed or know how much memory messages take up?

Once i reach 1000 msgs on my 6630, the phone memory almost runs out.. deleting 500 msgs (all text msgs only, no fancy pics/mms), all of a sudden almost 4MB of phone memory frees up :S
I have around 1500 messages stored and its occupying roughly 1.3mb only......I wonder how its that big for you

Private Ryan said:
Also the K550i's keypad is a real pain....the buttons are..well, an excuse for buttons..they are so thin tht for a guy with a big hand, it may be hard to press the right buttons..and they are too hard to press...

That rules it out for me.... messaging comfort is one of the top most priorities.

So, we are back to the 6233 :D

Yeah rit..so when r u getting it..?? Get the black one...the silver one sucks...:no:

also, i wud like to point tht in the review i had criticized the battery time to be less..well, it seems, after a few recharges, it has gone up...i am getting around 3 days with about 1 - 1.5 hr music and a few calls... btw, i have found a way to reduce battery usage..usually at places where network reception is very bad, i switch it to flight mode.. and njoy my music...tht way battery usage for network is cut off so u get better standby time..lol..i can go to any lengths to save myself from getting up and plugging the phone to the wall socket every other day..its sucha pain..:p Also once in a while, its a relief to be cut off from all communication with the peeps u know..:devil:

Psst..dont try this if u have a nagging girl friend..:p

Private Ryan said:
Yeah rit..so when r u getting it..?? Get the black one...the silver one sucks...:no:

also, i wud like to point tht in the review i had criticized the battery time to be less..well, it seems, after a few recharges, it has gone up...i am getting around 3 days with about 1 - 1.5 hr music and a few calls... btw, i have found a way to reduce battery usage..usually at places where network reception is very bad, i switch it to flight mode.. and njoy my music...tht way battery usage for network is cut off so u get better standby time..lol..i can go to any lengths to save myself from getting up and plugging the phone to the wall socket every other day..its sucha pain..:p Also once in a while, its a relief to be cut off from all communication with the peeps u know..:devil:

Psst..dont try this if u have a nagging girl friend..:p

I am getting it when my dad feels like getting me :p

And I dont think I'll have the battery problem... I recharge my cell every night...

BTW, one more thing I wanted to know.

The 6233 supports distribution lists right ??

^^Errr..You mean " Digital Rights Management" ?? yes it does...now whether its good or bad, is an individual choice..:p..its smells of microsoft....:lol:

Nokia - Digital rights management (DRM) is copyright protection,designed to prevent modification and to limit distribution of protected files.When you download protected files, such as sound, video, theme or ringing tones to your phone, the files are free, but locked.You PAY for a key to activate the file and the activation key is automatically sent to your phone when you download the file

no no... that is not what I meant.

I mean making lists in the messaging part so that when you want a forward a message to a number of people, instead of sending it individually, you can make a list with 10(on my 1100... maybe more on the new cells) and then send message to all in list.

IT sends the message to 10 people at once. It takes time but saves me work.

Back