OC & Modding Kaizen Corsair RMA Experience

awestorr

Adept
Bought a second hand psu from a te member (TX650m).
sometimes my hdd was getting disconnected and it also smelled like heating rubber(this may have been my imagination).
Sent to corsair pickup point in my state.
rma was generated witin 24 hrs of it being delivered.
took 6-7 days for them to ship the replacement, i also confirmed with them if i was getting the same model.
Got the replacement delivered today and voila..
The replacement has no date/details stickers other than the serial number.

Now Some Questions
1) is this an upgrade over tx650m, which had japanese caps but was semi modular.
2) out of curiousity how much does a rm650/750 go/used to go for?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-06-12 at 19.09.06.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-12 at 19.09.06.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 97
  • dasdasdas.jpg
    dasdasdas.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 81
  • fsfsdfsdf.jpg
    fsfsdfsdf.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 81
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-06-12 at 19.09.07.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-12 at 19.09.07.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Last prices showing on mdcomputers currently both out of stock.
TX650M - 7600
RM650 - 8650

The TX despite being called for having japanese capacitors it only has 7 year warranty, but on the other hand the new RM silver series (not the old yellow ones) offer 10 year warranty, I don't know what's up with that. Both are 80 Plus gold certified.

Last prices showing on mdcomputers currently both out of stock.
TX650M - 7600
RM650 - 8650

The TX despite being called for having japanese capacitors it only has 7 year warranty, but on the other hand the new RM silver series (not the old yellow ones) offer 10 year warranty, I don't know what's up with that. Both are 80 Plus gold certified.
is this the yellow one?

this one is normal RM series and is ok to have. remember you will only have warranty of what your original purchase had. nothing more, nothing less!

You've got the 2021 model which is a Tier A power supply with one of the best PSUs in this category. Comes with a 10 year warranty and much better than TX series. So cheer up, Corsair upgraded your PSU.

Also, what price did you get the power supply for?

You've got the 2021 model which is a Tier A power supply with one of the best PSUs in this category. Comes with a 10 year warranty and much better than TX series. So cheer up, Corsair upgraded your PSU.

Also, what price did you get the power supply for?
4.5k including shipping

Back