Less than 10K Key pad & Low SAR phone

Doremon

Adept
Wish to grab sturdy basic phone for wife to replace W810 sony running on since more than 3 yrs time.
Tried before in previous thread but that was went to tourch screen suggetions. I doubt whether she could able to conversent for touch screen operation. Looking for a basic & sturdy phone, must having key pad and low SAR features. She is music fan and taking snaps/shoot sometime occasionaly.

Ok guys consolidating above in template, as per mandate.
1. Budget?
A: Idealy not more than 3k but can streach till figure 5k, not even single buck above then pl.
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar and flipper
3. Preferred display type?
A: Size around 4" -4.5" would be best fit and best display possible in the range.
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Not really
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Key pad only (no compromise pl)
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Good camera to take snaps/movie.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: either
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: Any of-2G or 3G, Wifi, EDGE, GPS
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: PRIMARY:- call, texting, music & FM. Can do long chat, clearly on speakerphone & earphone
SECONDAY:- photo, videos (possible max. all formats), mail, browsing
10. Any other requirements?
A: Low SAR, Single sim only with Simple interface operation. Long Battery life for long talk in speaker & extended media hours.
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Nothing.
Thanks.

I don't think that's entirely true - at least, I have seen the reverse also happening.

However, I would rather take the lower SAR phone, unless I am on a tight budget. And, either way, people are becoming aware of SAR.

As for when the network norms are changed, I think they wont do it illegally - since using higher SAR phones cannot become mandatory - but that operator which does not do proper planning, will lose customers.

...by High SAR do you mean above Permissible Limit or UP-To Permissible Limit?

"The SAR value limit in India is set at 1.6W/kg in 1g tissue mass. A phone stating a higher SAR value need not mean that it is always more unsafe to use as the phone operates on highest value only when connecting a call. Otherwise it operates on low SAR values". (Times Of India)

• United States: the FCC requires that phones sold have a SAR level at or below 1.6 watts per kilogram (W/kg) taken over the volume containing a mass of 1 gram of tissue that is absorbing the most signal.
  • European Union: CENELEC specify SAR limits within the EU, following IEC standards. For mobile phones, and other such hand-held devices, the SAR limit is 2 W/kg averaged over the 10 g of tissue absorbing the most signal (IEC 62209-1).
Source:- Wikipedia

I think anything above 1.0 W/kg to 1.6W/kg is good for Network Reception.

about "reverse also happening" ... it's 100% true when you are NEAR to Mobile Tower or in area where in no obstacles like high rise buildings etc.

I don't think that's entirely true - at least, I have seen the reverse also happening.

However, I would rather take the lower SAR phone, unless I am on a tight budget. And, either way, people are becoming aware of SAR.

As for when the network norms are changed, I think they wont do it illegally - since using higher SAR phones cannot become mandatory - but that operator which does not do proper planning, will lose customers.

Last edited:
Back