Other Kindle Paperwhite questions

kobo glo ........all i got a pice from September 2013 import date :rage:

can anyone here please confirm that when they got their peice was it newly import or old import ?

there was some demo pieces listed on croma website too for 3 k i think .

i think they have sent me demo piece .please anyone reply asap , croma has pissed me off , the screen cover also was not properly installed and was a bit peeled off with some marks , the box is also dusty .
and it starting to freeze too

my firmware is only 3.15 and not updating to 3.80 , and impot date is of september 2013 ...............what the hell croma doing ?

damn

Last edited:
Same batch means September 2013?

Does your kobo glo freeze? What's your firmware Id? Mine is 3.15 dated 27 April 2015 but I see people have 3.80 version dated 2014 too............... Please reply so I could talk to croma.

Thanks

Same batch means September 2013?

Does your kobo glo freeze? What's your firmware Id? Mine is 3.15 dated 27 April 2015 but I see people have 3.80 version dated 2014 too............... Please reply so I could talk to croma.

Thanks

Yes. Mine is from the Sep 2013 batch as well. Was worried about it initially but since there were no problems, I stopped bothering about it.

The FW on mine, IIRC, is 3.11.xx from the end of 2014. I updated once after buying and haven't fiddled with it ever since. The device is working absolutely fine. No freezes of any sort. If you want a confirmation on the FW ID part, I'll get back to you by tomorrow morning.

How much? PM me details please.

I put the decision to sell on the backburner since it didn't get sold and in the meantime someone close evinced an interest in using it. I'll get back to you tomorrow as well.

The Backlight is a bit yellowish on top and more whitish at bottom half............... And has some dead spots too.............. Anybody else has same issue?

These are the minor one for me though atleast it's not freezed in last 12 hours or so

The Backlight is a bit yellowish on top and more whitish at bottom half............... And has some dead spots too.............. Anybody else has same issue?

These are the minor one for me though atleast it's not freezed in last 12 hours or so

Software version is 3.11.00.

And my Glo too has that same thing where in the light is yellowish to the top 60% may be with the rest being white. Again, it doesn't affect the reading in any way for me.

Thanks man, I think I am keeping it, as it's a common thing for all of us.

You may try to sync software on wifi itself.

Thanks again for your reply :)

It is not easy to covert Kindle books to epub as some people are suggesting here. Those books have DRM. And it is even more difficult to convert Flipkart books to other formats. I even called Flipkart customer to ask about their DRM policy when they first released ebooks. He said that flipkart books can only be read on their app. They can't be read on the Kindle or any other ebook reader since it has DRM.

Software version is 3.11.00.

And my Glo too has that same thing where in the light is yellowish to the top 60% may be with the rest being white. Again, it doesn't affect the reading in any way for me.
My kobo took some 5-6 hours to charge on Wall ac charger, and freezed twice while charging, and had to use pin to unfreeze it. Only proper 1st time charging done today as it came some 60 % charged when opened and then 2-3 times charged minor automatically while converting books on caliber.

Any feedback on this please

While on Wall charging it can be used easily

But it got freezed as in sleeping mode 2 times in 5 hours

Even on off switch didn't work, no nothing

Only way was pin reseting near charge point

I think you can only use Wifi to buy books from Kobo store or transfer from Kobo app. You probably need to plug in to add 3rd party books like epub. Inn this regards, Kindle is better as they provide an unique email id where you can send your books and they'll automatically convert ans add to your device. But check out the mobileread forum, those folks might have something for you.

Back