iOS Kindly suggest good tempered glass protector for ipad which is Apple pencil friendly

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
Hi
I have the 2020 ipad and as soon as it was bought I got a temepred glass applied on it from a local shop.
It was a simple tempered one ( not the thinner twink or unbreakable type) costed me I guess 250 or 350.

But I can feel it's not friendly to the writing through apple pencil [emoji3579] first gen (as one of the tips got ruined within 6 months)

I can see numerous scratches On it which is strange as the tab is only used for writing and I don't wear any rings or stuff on my fingers or wrists which can make scratches .

The apple pencil has rubber tips

The point is one of tips got ruined within 6 months by writing let's say like 8 to 10 pages a day .

Please suggest some good one which doesn't scratch my pencil tips and is smooth to write on .

Last edited:
I have first gen apple pencil and iPad 8th gen and have screen protector installed on my iPad. I use pencil only randomly and no where near your use case. I had bought this tempered glass screen protector from amazon India...

I have first gen apple pencil and iPad 8th gen and have screen protector installed on my iPad. I use pencil only randomly and no where near your use case. I had bought this tempered glass screen protector from amazon India...

Thanks but it looks they are similar to what I am using currently .
I was thinking may be it's a good idea to wipe the screen for micro dust before writing over it.
Seems the day to day dust must have caused the pencil tip to get scratched and may be scratches on the screen too.
I have changed the tip and will give this all a go for another few days before getting the screen guard changed .
Will try and find one of those fanous paperlike ones for the ipad

Last edited:
Yes you're correct. Clean the glass before each use. I've been writing for a long time (3 years I think) and recently needed to change the tip, currently on my second tip.

Ive found that cleaning it (just the glass) with different solutions cause different effect while writing. Some make the glass very slippery, I kinda like it because it increases my writing speed.

Back