Knowing about the Oracle RDBMS software

Shanpav12

Disciple
Hello,
I am posting this topic in here instead of Application software thread because I think my question is somewhat link beteen this two thread ,so here is the question,.I am studing in BCA and one of my Teacher told me that after passing MCa, If I do a course in Oracle ,where it is deeply studied and makes one really master in it He personally told about Bangalore institutions from where to do. That One will get astonishing Rs 5 Lakhs per month salary Job in India, Because this software is so huge, complex and deep that it is hard to master and become RDBMS adminstrator. Is it really so and he told me that one can calculate his whole life from birth to death in Oracle RDBMS software, even that SAP may die one day but oracle will never, because somehow or other SAP runs Oracle fully tweaked backend. Is it also so.
Thanks

your teacher has a way with words...LOL!..

Oracle's main product is its database and application suite(E-Business),E-Biz suite is collection of ~180products from Oracle (& other companies it acquired over years).

I'm not quite sure what you mean by calculating from life to death. . . if your're talking abt database administration, no course / book beats real experience in critical environment.

Certifications hardly matter in India.(Just FYI).

I am taliking only about the RDBMS software from Oracle, is it behind every organisations database and network background running, like banks.I dont know anything he said is true or not because he tell that Oracle RDBMS is behind even Infosys software which handles every big financial corporation online money transfer ,account maintaince and etc. He says infosys software is develope only for banks etc with tender of LOL above thousand crore Rupees with service. By the way is being Oracle RDBMS Admistrator with dep knowledge is very difficult and tough course to pass. Is SAP ERP tough or Oracle 11g

Oracle RDBMS might be the market leader but is closely followed by Sql Server. Also Mysql now owned by oracle is the third largest. To put things into perpective, mysql was used by google until a few years ago. Just imagine probably the biggest database was on mysql ( though it was a highly enhaced version).

Don't know what you are talking about Infosys.

Even if you become a GOD in Oracle RDBMS or for that matter SAP R3, no way you can get a salary of 5L/month in India. So whatever your teacher is saying is just bullshit. 60L/year is earned by high level management people and they are far far off from any tech work.

Just ask you rteacher does he actually know someone that is earning such a salary or he is just speculating.

Heloo, and thanks to all of you y friends for guiding me ,And as of Infosys related question, When I asked my teacher what does Infosys developes because I personally never heard of any software name like Oracle 11g of Oracle, Windows Of Microsoft, Adobe etc, about Infosys, only thing I heard is they along with HCL,WIPRO gives services to banks. So then my teacher told me that Infosys products are known by only the Bank, the Corporation they work for, those who need it know it, and its about Rs 1000 crore Product with service deals. And they use in back-end Oracle also.

One thing is clear neither you or teacher knows a word about Oracle. And answer to all your question is NO.
If you join as a fresher in IT-Service industry you'll not even get 5L per "year" in India. Average salary for MCA/BE in India is 3-4L p.a.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

TCS, Infosys, Wipro, HCL, MBT, Syntel, Capegemini, BirlaSoft etc. are not Product companies these are IT Serivce companies. They don't own a product of there own, few do but nobody uses them. These service companies uses s.w. products from markets and provide service like data management reporting, customer management etc.

Yes, I know I don't know anything about Oracle RDBMs, how it works how to feed it information and data Mr.47Shailesh, but I know that clearly that Oracle RDBMS certification adds to yours Qualification very much more. Only things I doubt is about first,that humongous 5 lakhs salary per month , secondly that RDBMS Adminsitrator is very tough work and takes one in millions to become few and, third that Infosys gets huge ,huge money deal for Designing and maintaining custom software for Banks.Some are clear now though.My teacher might know it, but he told in anticipation I think about unbelievable salaries for encouraging me.

Thnaks all of You

To be frank certification doesn't really mean much in India but experience does. You should rather have a year experience than a certification course.

5L/month salary is just not possible so stop doubting it.

Clearing the Oracle Certified Administrator is not as difficult as you are pointing it out to be. "one in millions" i reaaly doubt this.

Service based companies have pretty cut throat competition, earning huge huge money, well they are a huge company with thousands of clients.

I would suggest you put questions you want answered in a proper mannerso people to help you out.

Also from what you have posted i would suggest you to stop listening to your teacher and find thigs out yourself

gauviz is correct, u need experience and depth in language to get some respectable salary and job. currently i have finished mca from NIT Durgapur and i have been offered 9.5L/A package by ms,

but if you ask me , never run after money coz u wont be satisfied with your job , go with w/e u love most ;)

Back