PC Peripherals KVM switch

nitin_g3

Adept
I'm looking for a reliable kvm switch to connect a keyboard and a mouse.
I use same monitor for office laptop and personal pc and actively need to switch between them.

Came across this one from Amazon US:

Anyone have any experience of using kvm switches?
Are they reliable enough for daily use?

I use an RGB keyboard and mouse so won't compromise with power drop issue due to kvm switch not being a powered one. Wouldn't mind buying a powered one if any such thing exists. Thanks.

Edit: Found this powered kvm switch on Amazon, maybe this will fulfil the need of power hungry rgb of keyboard and mouse:

Last edited:
I have been using the Ugreen switch with a mouse and keyboard. Its build quality is quite good and is working well for me.

Note it doesnt have any video ports instead it is just a usb switch.

I have been using the Ugreen switch with a mouse and keyboard. Its build quality is quite good and is working well for me.

Note it doesnt have any video ports instead it is just a usb switch.
Thanks. I'm looking for usb switch only, will be attaching mouse, keyboard and a webcam. Keyboard might draw more power due to rgb, so was leaning towards a powered kvm switch.

Thanks. I'm looking for usb switch only, will be attaching mouse, keyboard and a webcam. Keyboard might draw more power due to rgb, so was leaning towards a powered kvm switch.
I have a mouse, keyboard, xbox controller and webcam on a usb hub connected to a cheap 4 non powered port usb switch. Works like a charm.

RGB or non RGB is a non issue. Had an RGB backlit keyboard for a while and it worked just fine. However now I'm using all wireless peripherals - keyboard, mouse, xbox controller are all wireless.

I have a mouse, keyboard, xbox controller and webcam on a usb hub connected to a cheap 4 non powered port usb switch. Works like a charm.

RGB or non RGB is a non issue. Had an RGB backlit keyboard for a while and it worked just fine. However now I'm using all wireless peripherals - keyboard, mouse, xbox controller are all wireless.
That makes sense. I'll most likely import the KVM switch from Amazon USA, so avoiding any chance of having to return it due to it now powering my RGB peripherals. So preferring a powered KVM switch like this:

So preferring a powered KVM switch like this:
You mean this newer model - link? Through Rahul? I don't see Amazon shipping this one here. You'll have a lot of options if getting from US

You mean this newer model - link? Through Rahul? I don't see Amazon shipping this one here. You'll have a lot of options if getting from US
Seems like a good option, but unfortunately won't support 144 Hz refresh rate and G-Sync.
Yes, planning on getting it through Rahul. Already have a list ready for other stuff to be bought on Prime day :p
Have you ever got a chance to use a KVM switch, are they reliable?

Have you ever got a chance to use a KVM switch, are they reliable?
Haha nope, can't help you there. Amazon just indicated that there was a newer model available so I linked it. Looked around and there are some that support 144Hz but way way more expensive.

The Ugreen hub has a microusb port at the back to feed 5V. I dont use it though.
Just checked myself for the micro usb port, I missed it on the pictures lol. thanks for telling.
btw, how many peripherals are you running on this hub? any glitches while switching? how about running rgb keyboard and mouse of off it?

Just checked myself for the micro usb port, I missed it on the pictures lol. thanks for telling.
btw, how many peripherals are you running on this hub? any glitches while switching? how about running rgb keyboard and mouse of off it?
I just have a wireless mouse and keyboards dongle attached to it. Works perfectly fine.

Back